• Far too many goals

Josh P
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

I’ve done multiple save files in multiple leagues with different teams and found there are far too many goals in our games. Consistently throw away 2 goal leads and both teams pretty much always score in every game. Currently seeing over 3.5 goals avg in my current save and way too many games have 4-5 goals.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Totally agree. I was in the understanding, that it would have been fixed with the last "master update", but i still think it is way too much. 

In my save in the Danish Superliga, there is an average score on around 3,5 for 17 rounds. In real life its on 2,95. 

I dont know exactly what the problem is, but it seems like the goalkeepers saving % is a bit low. 

Really, find a solution... it has been a problem for way too long now, and its so obvious! For me it takes all the realism out of the game and make it almost unplayable 

Agreed! Tried a few different teams / leagues and they’re all the same. Definitely making it borderline unplayable and needs fixing ASAP in my opinion!

The realism is out of the game and it is unplayable as it is, this game has no connection with football. I don't know who does the Beta tests but Sega with all the staff available and community help should by now be able to check the average goals scored on each league and then dissect it to see where the goals are coming from to make it more realistic. In real life, in the Premier league there's an average of 13% of goals scored from corners and yet in my Wolves save, I concede an average of 2 goals from corners and 1 penalty on every game, regardless of the corner setup. In the PL, there's an average of 2.8 goals on every match and yet on my Wolves save is 5 goals/match. I was beating Liverpool away 4-2 in the 90 minute and within 7 minutes of injury time they scored 4 goals. Absolutely crazy and bang out of order to be honest.

Edited by Zico10

Yeah, I thought they had fixed the penalty issue as well. Conceding a penalty last minute in a play-off to a clearly clean tackle is really frustrating as well! Goals issue isn’t helped by how often we throw comfortable leads away. Teams suddenly turn into Man City as soon as they go 2-0 down! Seems like the game is desperate to make every game an exciting thriller rather than just played out like real football which is a real shame.

6 hours ago, Anders J said:

Totally agree. I was in the understanding, that it would have been fixed with the last "master update", but i still think it is way too much. 

In my save in the Danish Superliga, there is an average score on around 3,5 for 17 rounds. In real life its on 2,95. 

I dont know exactly what the problem is, but it seems like the goalkeepers saving % is a bit low. 

Really, find a solution... it has been a problem for way too long now, and its so obvious! For me it takes all the realism out of the game and make it almost unplayable 

And to be clear: I DID download all updates etc. So no need to waste time, asking about that. Please just look into this. Really love the game, and have been playing every version since 2001. But this problem is just taking all the joy out of it for me

The goals has to be balanced. After 24.2 i feel it was better, but after 24.2,1 the goal frequence has increased and the results are unreallistic again. Dear SI, you have to solve this problem soon!!!

The Average goals in the Vanarama National league North is currently 2.8. I’m now at over 3.7 per game. I’ve done an Everton save which had nearly 4 goals per game, and a TNS save in Wales which had nearly 4.2 goals per game average. On my current save I’ve seen both teams combined keep 4 clean sheets in nearly 30 matches. I know people who have said the same thing about goals and I’ve watched multiple streamers / YouTubers etc who all have massive amounts of goals and have pointed out the goals increase in FM24 on multiple occasions.

I don’t believe the goals can be below real life averages as the screenshots above and my 100+ Hours in the game suggest otherwise, so it’s a shame it’s not going to be looked into / changed.

Edited by Josh P

4 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello everyone, our average goals at the moment are lower than real life currently, it is unlikely we will be lowering them anymore.

I don't know about your statistics but in real life (Premier League) the average goals per game is around 2.7 per game since 1992, except last year where it went to 2.85. I've tried different saves and my average as a lot of others have stated as well, is indeed very, very high. In all of my saves(4) it is or was, as I deleted them,  around  5 goals per match in 3 saves and 4.5 in another save and that's the norm. When you see the AI making Man City having 15 shots from outside the box when in real life you will be very lucky to see Man City have 3 shots in one match from outside the box, you know something is not right.

I refuse to accept that this has been fixed. Its not just the number of goals, its the nature of them; some observations below:

- Average Goals scored for me per game is c. 4.2 which is way too high.

- Clean sheets are a thing of distant memory. Whats the average of that vs real life?

- Too many goals come from corners and penalties.

- Even in a low scoring game, the xG is huge for both teams. Have SI compared average match xG to the average in real life?

- Randomly, the match engine will switch favour and momentum to a team that has been getting obliterated in the match, and suddenly they can score 2 to 4 goals in a handful of minutes to draw or win the game. Happening way too often.

Football Manager has been a game I have enjoyed for many years, so not a new player here but something is not right.

Edited by ryanboxall
    General Tidy

20 hours ago, ryanboxall said:

I refuse to accept that this has been fixed. Its not just the number of goals, its the nature of them; some observations below:

- Average Goals scored for me per game is c. 4.2 which is way too high.

- Clean sheets are a thing of distant memory. Whats the average of that vs real life?

- Too many goals come from corners and penalties.

- Even in a low scoring game, the xG is huge for both teams. Have SI compared average match xG to the average in real life?

- Randomly, the match engine will switch favour and momentum to a team that has been getting obliterated in the match, and suddenly they can score 2 to 4 goals in a handful of minutes to draw or win the game. Happening way too often.

Football Manager has been a game I have enjoyed for many years, so not a new player here but something is not right.

Interesting take! For me it has been hard to define what's wrong, but its obvious that something really IS terribly wrong. And as you mention, its not only the amount of goals, but the way they are scored as well.

I just fear that SI refuse to look in to this and do something about it, as long as a lot of people just think its entertaining with a high amount of goals and actionpacked games. 

I will never again buy the game, if thats the track they will run at from now on. I want the realistic gameplay, wich was the reason i spent so many hours on the game

I've played over 60 matches testing tactics and never managed a 0-0. Every single game both teams scored and out of the 60 games the minimum goals scored were 4, some ridiculous scorelines in the process as well, ie. ( 8-6, 11-3, 7-5) and if SI thinks  the average goals are below real life, I think they are talking about a different game.