• I want to control "Set piece takers list", but nothing else. It should be possible but isn't.

Jimbokav1971
    • Public Status: Info Provided Save Game: Jimb O'Kav - Envigado F.C. 13th Jan 2023.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game

I want to decide who takes my free-kicks, but I don't want to control everything else about them. 

When I try to click on "Set Pieces" to changer the set piece takers though, (free kicks in this instance), it won't allow me to. 

5a2fca9e99851f499d1d3e47842a4c2a.png

To be clear, I don't want to take control of all set-pieces. I'm happy to leave it to him. I just want to dictate who takes them, (in exactly the same way I dictate who takes the pens without controlling all other set-pieces). 

d4b9e2edc4833fb27bdec61ca25a9a35.png

I thought I had specified that via the Responsibilities page, but I can't take control of the lists without 1st taking control of the Set Pieces themselves, (because it's all part of the same page). 

133910f800d0fe7942d791a2aaa16412.png

When I try to do it from this screen....

3ac79b5f408d6de9e29e8322d02a26a4.png

Then if I Take Control completely of set pieces then it looks like this. 

6d0968618a3e8ef941798bdc2780f604.png

So I have the option to take control of Set Piece Takers list now, and when I do so it looks like this. 

930dca93139d5ed7d91b8832a42bfe90.png

But when I then delegate the Handles Set Piece Tactics back then I also lose control of the lists. 

This is what I want to do, but because the set piece takers list is within the Set Piece page I can't do it. 

8938dc99f4b7d9684039d910a46de582.png

If the "Takers list" was on the same dropdown menu as penalty takers then this would fix that. 

To be honest, although I don't want to actually do it now, if you put the personnel list there too then we could pick and choose which bit we wanted to do rather than be forced to do everything or nothing. 

The other thing of course is that if you want to control Attacking set pieces then you also have to control Defensive set pieces. 
    And by the same token if you want to control corners you also have to include free-kicks. 
    By bundling everything together you have made it far harder to control what you want. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hello, this is by design currently - if you delegate full control of set pieces then your set piece coach will choose the takers in order to create the best routines.

Hi @Zachary Whyte Thanks for getting back to me. Are you sure about that? 

You, (SI), have banged on and on and on and on about making our life easier, and now, something which we could do in previous versions of the game, can only be done if we do a whole new set of things that not everyone is interested in. Are you sure that this has been fully thought through? It just doesn't fit with everything else you're doing. It's backwards. :(

This new set pieces creator is the worst addition they have EVER made to CM/FM in the last 30 years. It has always been the easiest and most simple thing ever. Click player, give instruction. Now you have to manage almost 25 names on 4 different lists and just hope to God that none of them clash with each other, it's just taken me 20 minutes to tell Salah to stay up front when defending corners. Absolutely horrific game design, you cant even see players names where you need to see them, because they've been changed to A1 B2 etc. WOW. This is bad.

On 21/10/2023 at 00:47, Ste Lomas - St George FC said:

This new set pieces creator is the worst addition they have EVER made to CM/FM in the last 30 years. It has always been the easiest and most simple thing ever. Click player, give instruction. Now you have to manage almost 25 names on 4 different lists and just hope to God that none of them clash with each other, it's just taken me 20 minutes to tell Salah to stay up front when defending corners. Absolutely horrific game design, you cant even see players names where you need to see them, because they've been changed to A1 B2 etc. WOW. This is bad.

I hate the set piece section as well as I want to change some of the players around but cannot. It is really poor.

You can though change the A1, B2 etc in the drop down called 'Preview Options' located under the 'Routine' field - just tick the 'Preview with Starting XI' box.

Leave a discussion. Someone at SI should advise us how to set up a list of players who can take attacking corners from the right or left side and that it doesn't matter if they are left or right footed. Thank you.