• I cant set my own set pieces like I want

agoran
    • Public Status: Info Provided Save Game: Liverpool.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game

I want That trent will be in edge and Salah in attack but i cant put it there, it always put Szoboslai...

image.thumb.png.69c3fbeb812c623f02fafdbbd755ebba.png

and when I put (drop name from aerials) Arnold name on Counters there is Szoboslai and Diaz

image.thumb.png.2368b914a8d6703ba55d5625aca2cc1d.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hey!

It's hard to tell 100% from the screenshots, but based on what you've posted it's a matter of ordering here.

• On 'set priorities', see how it says 1st Aerial Defenders, 2nd Trackers, 3rd Counter-Attackers?
    • This means that when picking the players, we pick all the aerial defenders first, then all the trackers, then counter-attackers get picked last.

What's likely happening, is Trent and/or Salah are being picked as an aerial defender or tracker, before you get to the counter attacker picking.

An easy fix for this is to lower the ranking for Trent and Salah at both Aerial Defending and Tracking, so then they'll always be the ones left at the end of the picking.

Or alternatively, just move counter-attackers to the top of the priority list on the right hand side.

Hopefully that makes sense!

This new set pieces creator is the worst addition they have EVER made to CM/FM in the last 30 years. It has always been the easiest and most simple thing ever. Click player, give instruction. Now you have to manage almost 25 names on 4 different lists and just hope to God that none of them clash with each other, it's just taken me 20 minutes to tell Salah to stay up front when defending corners. Absolutely horrific game design, you cant even see players names where you need to see them, because they've been changed to A1 B2 etc. WOW. This is bad.

10 hours ago, Ste Lomas - St George FC said:

This new set pieces creator is the worst addition they have EVER made to CM/FM in the last 30 years. It has always been the easiest and most simple thing ever. Click player, give instruction. Now you have to manage almost 25 names on 4 different lists and just hope to God that none of them clash with each other, it's just taken me 20 minutes to tell Salah to stay up front when defending corners. Absolutely horrific game design, you cant even see players names where you need to see them, because they've been changed to A1 B2 etc. WOW. This is bad.

I agree its ********... i dont know which smart guy was that idea... the worst thing ever... and there is no even names of players or position instead si A1,,,and lots of this numbers... like in real life..lol... just shame

I hope you can delete this and when game go out reverse to old one...

Absolutely awful changes. I want Trippier taking inswingers from the left and outswingers from the right, but I can't see where to set up left & right routines?

image.thumb.png.155d1142a71edb50583bdd5e9104926b.png

Edited by Optimistic Nut

On 23/10/2023 at 13:42, Optimistic Nut said:

Absolutely awful changes. I want Trippier taking inswingers from the left and outswingers from the right, but I can't see where to set up left & right routines?

image.thumb.png.155d1142a71edb50583bdd5e9104926b.png

You should be able to resolve this by clicking on CORNER TAKER in the DELIVERY section, and then, once you're in that pop-up, checking the box at the bottom to set Trippier as the default taker from both sides, as you can see in this screenshot.

Screenshot 2023-10-25 123022.png

Funny how different the needs of players seem to be. Can understand the point that some want to have different settings for corners from the right than from the left. 

But otherwise for me this new set piece gives me everything i needed. I don't want a specific player to have on a position. I mean what if my strong header striker is changed by the fast and small striker from the bench? i would need to replace every single set piece. Now i can just say that the best header, or the most creative player will be at the space and can even say if the header position or the creative one is more priorised. For me that's so awesome. And the best, i can even say how often which set piece will appear. 

On 21/10/2023 at 00:45, Ste Lomas - St George FC said:

100% agree. It took me over an hour the other day to figure it out and it's still confusing me at times. Not a fan. They should have kept the old system. Fans wanted to be able to customise and create set piece routines, I think S.I misunderstood the assignment with this one. 

personally the changes where needed. but it should be able to choose with players you prefer in which position. I have lukaku in my beta belgium save who stays (no matter what) as a creator of chanches on the side of the box. The guy is a beast on corner attacking ways no creator

vor 27 Minuten schrieb jorgenc13:

personally the changes where needed. but it should be able to choose with players you prefer in which position. I have lukaku in my beta belgium save who stays (no matter what) as a creator of chanches on the side of the box. The guy is a beast on corner attacking ways no creator

But you are able to choose which player is in which position. To stay with your example, you probably want Lukaku as Aerial Threat. Just give him position number 1 in the list. After that you either Sort Aerial Threats on prio position 1 or if you don`t like that just sort Lukaku in the 3 other lists at the bottom.
    That will take around 10 seconds but after it Lukaku will be in every of your corners, free kicks and throw ins be player A1 and you just need to choose what you want A1 to do.

Well if the game doesn`t do the set piece tactic in the match, its a bug that hopefully will be fixed with the release (then it will help to share the save game).

Otherwise the way i see it, you can still exactly influence what which player should do. But if Lukaku is not on the field (subbed of, injured, red card...) youre tactic still will work, because the second best option will get into his position. In earlier FMs your set pieces would in many cases just not work anymore.

Edited by PetyrBaelish999