• Inside Forwards are acting more like wingers rather than their actual role

Vader17
    • Public Status: Need More Info Save Game: Alkis Loulakis - Paris Saint-Germain.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game

First of all, huge shoutout to the entire ME development team, the new ME is amazing, way more realistic than ever before.

One big issue I've encountered during the beta is, as the title suggests, IFs are acting more like wingers rather than an actual goalscoring threat. 

PSG save, trying to recreate Pep's Man City tactics, using Mbappe as a left Inside Forward on Attack, he is basically usually lost somewhere between the touchline and the left side half space. When he receives the ball he drifts wide and when he decides to actually cut inside (which rarely happens) he is very easy to defend against. I even received a report from my assistant manager that we are lacking penetration from the left. Initially I believed that it was due to stay wider instruction, but even when I removed it, he can't cut inside and score. 22 appearances in L1 sitting at just 9 goals as an inside forward, my central midfielders have more goals than him 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

We appreciate the feedback, although we're not sure we agree as this doesn't make any of the other feedback we've received from users.

If you can attach a PKM file from a match, with some timestamps examples we can look into them.

21 horas atrás, Zachary Whyte disse:

We appreciate the feedback, although we're not sure we agree as this doesn't make any of the other feedback we've received from users.

If you can attach a PKM file from a match, with some timestamps examples we can look into them.

21 horas atrás, Zachary Whyte disse:

well i agree a lot with OP, inside forwards make very little inside runs or cuts inside really rarely, if you see the dribles map, or the passes map from analytical, you see that almost all dribles from inside forwards are dribles to the line, and the passes are almost only crosses

the img is just a fast example, the inside forwards trying almost only dribles for the line and to outside and not to inside, and both of them got the cuts inside, cuts inside from PPM, and both with sit narrower

1.png

Edited by newsuzanoebok

I agree with others. In practice, playing with a 4-3-3 with wide attackers is like having a single striker. Striker who is then only in the middle of the area almost always, unless the midfielders climb to the area, and is easy prey to the defenders.

Em 26/10/2023 em 08:00, Seyen disse:

I agree with others. In practice, playing with a 4-3-3 with wide attackers is like having a single striker. Striker who is then only in the middle of the area almost always, unless the midfielders climb to the area, and is easy prey to the defenders.

yes, im using shadow strikers with stay wide, and if sometimes with PPM run on right/left, run in centre and cuts inside, them my AMC Shadow Striker goes a little to wide areas but stay most of the time in the middle making forward runs and turn itself on a 'second striker'

if i use inside forward is ALMOST the same as using a winger, lots of crosses and outside runs, not what i want