• Too many shots on woodwork - Data issue

dzek
    • Public Status: Info Provided Screenshot: PKM / REC File: TEAMEvTheBestAI5-2-3.pkm Files Uploaded: Screenshot, PKM / REC File

I've seen a lot of shots hit the woodwork ( like FM23 ) in the match engine but the problem is that in the match stats they don't show them all and by extension in the Data Hub it's probably the same.

I have read in a thread that you have checked the issue and that the numbers you see are as in real life. It may be why users are saying one thing and your team is saying another.

Timestamp:

1. 15:08 - Okonkwo

2. 43:26 - Rosiak

3. 43:29 - Okonkwo

4. 72:18 - King

*As you can see on timestamp there were 4 shots that hit the woodwork for my team and on my screenshot above only shows 3.

I've seen much more that weren't show in the match stats, especially those made from direct free kicks.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hello @dzek

We looked into your examples, in the first batch of examples in one of the four cases there's a deflection from a defender before the ball hits the bar, which is why it's not counted as it hitting the woodwork. In all of the other examples there were also deflections. This is why those are not counted as 'woodwork' stats.

So; The ball hitting the woodwork isn't always recorded as the ball hitting the woodwork unless it hits the woodwork without hitting another player.

It seems like SI might be using the OPTA definition of "off target" shots "A shot hitting the frame of the Goal is classified as a Shot Off Target unless the ball subsequently enters the net. A Blocked Shot is not classified as a Shot Off Target." when this should only be used for On Target, Off Target and Blocked Shots.