• New stadium

MisterX
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

My board annouced a new stadium and starting the search for a site.

image.png.550c6916faf50584de60a319a6181080.png

I have almost played 4 seasons after the announcement and this is still shown under facilities. I havent got any update after the announcement.

I expected one of the two following cases:

1. I can understand it takes a long time before a new stadium can be build. Finding a place, getting funds, getting permission from the goverment, ... All of these will take a long time. So i expected to get frequent updates about these things. Even things like a message about things are delayed and take more time would be fine. But curerntly i havent seen a single messages in almost 4 (!) years.
    2. The construction of the stadium starts quickly and you get an update about it.

None of these happens, so i think this is bugged. Can this be fixed?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I have a similar issue in that the new ground has been built, but the board are still searching for the site.

This possibly happened as I played one season in la liga with a stadium under the minimum capacity allowed and the next season I just got the new stadium, while we were still searching for a site.

Can you fix this please as I presume it means I can't expand the stadium for 25-30 years? 

Edited by keithbeaky

On 26/12/2023 at 23:27, Michael Sant said:

Thank you for making us aware of this. Would you be able to share your save game in which this is happening so that our QA team can take a look into this further? A guide on how to do so is available here: https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/instructions-and-notes/how-to-upload-files-to-us-r98/

I got an update: after about years the messages goes away without any message. No new stadium and the board even doesnt want to build a new stadium any more.

What kind of save do you want:

1. Just after the announcement of the board to search for a site.

2. One of the latest moments at which they are still searching.

3. Just my latest save file, so they aren't even searching any more.

I have probably all three. So tell me which one you want. All three is also possible. 

On 26/12/2023 at 23:27, Michael Sant said:

Thank you for making us aware of this. Would you be able to share your save game in which this is happening so that our QA team can take a look into this further? A guide on how to do so is available here: https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/instructions-and-notes/how-to-upload-files-to-us-r98/

Currently uploading all three saves, so the Q&A team can have a look at them:

1. San Marino 2025.07.16
    2. San Marino 2029.06.22
    3. San Marino 2030.06.05

Numbering of save games match with following descriptions:

1 hour ago, MisterX said:

1. Just after the announcement of the board to search for a site.

2. One of the latest moments at which they are still searching.

3. Just my latest save file, so they aren't even searching any more.

I think they announced it in May 2025 and it is cancelled somewhere in the season 2029/30. I havent seens a message. Currently they dont want a new stadium anymore, but they are allowing me to expand the current stadium, so in save 3 you will see we are expanding the stadium.

I do hope the save games arrived at the cloud. It was a really slow process to upload the files. It took about 5 minutes for each save, but i got multiple errors about file getting locked or about time outs, so i tried it again. So i hope they all three arrived in the end. If not, please let me know...

I also think there's an issue that once the club have built a new stadium, if you then go on to do well and grow beyond that they will never look to build another one.

On 29/12/2023 at 10:00, MisterX said:

Currently uploading all three saves, so the Q&A team can have a look at them:

1. San Marino 2025.07.16
    2. San Marino 2029.06.22
    3. San Marino 2030.06.05

Numbering of save games match with following descriptions:

I think they announced it in May 2025 and it is cancelled somewhere in the season 2029/30. I havent seens a message. Currently they dont want a new stadium anymore, but they are allowing me to expand the current stadium, so in save 3 you will see we are expanding the stadium.

I do hope the save games arrived at the cloud. It was a really slow process to upload the files. It took about 5 minutes for each save, but i got multiple errors about file getting locked or about time outs, so i tried it again. So i hope they all three arrived in the end. If not, please let me know...

I also have a Victor San Marino save. The board started a new 12,000 stadium plan. Now, after two seasons and after the new stadium has been built, they are still searching for that 12,000 site! I have played two seasons with full stadium capacity, %100. average attendance is 11,900. We have since won the Italian Cup and Europa League. It is frustrating that I can't ask for expansion or a new stadium to built.

Edited by fm_08/09

On 04/01/2024 at 21:42, fm_08/09 said:

I also have a Victor San Marino save. The board started a new 12,000 stadium plan. Now, after two seasons and after the new stadium has been built, they are still searching for that 12,000 site! I have played two seasons with full stadium capacity, %100. average attendance is 11,900. We have since won the Italian Cup and Europa League. It is frustrating that I can't ask for expansion or a new stadium to built.

I am using a custom database, so i can play in San Marino, so not with Victor San Marino.

The stadium thing is a mess in this game. First this. Then the board doesnt want a new stadium anymore. And stadium expensions are blocked by the government. So I am still stuck 350 max people attending my home game, even after winning the champions league :idiot:

On 08/01/2024 at 19:07, MisterX said:

I am using a custom database, so i can play in San Marino, so not with Victor San Marino.

The stadium thing is a mess in this game. First this. Then the board doesnt want a new stadium anymore. And stadium expensions are blocked by the government. So I am still stuck 350 max people attending my home game, even after winning the champions league :idiot:

That sucks! I know in previous editions there was a cap on minimum number of years that had to pass before a new stadium could be built! 25 years! Last year I was managing Pro Vercelli. After a couple of years in Serie A, the board built a new stadium with an expansion capacity at 28,000! I was the best team in the world, but had to constantly sell my best players because I couldn’t afford them!

Update on my San Marino stadium, the board decided to expand my staium to 18,000! So the glitch I had earlier is fixed for now!

This stadium has a max expansion capacity set at 23,000. I’m playing my 3rd UCL season! Not a super power yet but I had great youth players that can take us to the next level! Won’t be able to compete with the PL teams if I can’t get my modern stadium 😂

Hoping that the stadium issue is fixed this year! Stadium was built 4 years ago! 

Edited by fm_08/09

Update: I requested the board to build a new stadium after our new stadium which was built 6 seasons ago reached full capacity (23,520) and couldn't be expanded any further. The board rejected it, but then I leaked to the press and they planned a new 39,000 stadium. So, the hard limit of 25 years is not there anymore. 
    We have the CL once and the Serie A 3 times since our previous new stadium was built. we went from National reputation to Worldwide since then.

Edited by fm_08/09

I have one the CL twice, also lost a final once. I even won the WC for clubs. Based on reputation i am one of the biggest clubs of the world.

Meanwhile i am still playing for 350 people :mad:

On 31/01/2024 at 21:36, MisterX said:

I have one the CL twice, also lost a final once. I even won the WC for clubs. Based on reputation i am one of the biggest clubs of the world.

Meanwhile i am still playing for 350 people :mad:

Do you still have the message in your original post? The one that states "searching for suitable site"?

23 hours ago, fm_08/09 said:

Do you still have the message in your original post? The one that states "searching for suitable site"?

No, i think i had that for about 5 years and then it completely disappeared without any warming/message. So the new stadium was official silently cancelled.

From that moment on:

• If i ask for a new stadium, then the board wont allow it, because they think are fan base is too small.
    • If I ask for expanding my stadion, then the board allows it, but the goverment will always block it.

So it is 2038, i have won multiple Champions Leagues. I even won the Club World Cup. But i am still playing my home games for 350 people :mad:

• SI Staff

Hello @MisterX

We have looked into your saves and it seems like this is a San Marino specific issue.

Because of this we might not be able to resolve this in this FM cycle. 

I have also sent you a DM if you can check.

On 06/02/2024 at 23:24, MisterX said:

No, i think i had that for about 5 years and then it completely disappeared without any warming/message. So the new stadium was official silently cancelled.

From that moment on:

• If i ask for a new stadium, then the board wont allow it, because they think are fan base is too small.
    • If I ask for expanding my stadion, then the board allows it, but the goverment will always block it.

So it is 2038, i have won multiple Champions Leagues. I even won the Club World Cup. But i am still playing my home games for 350 people :mad:

Try leaking to the press when the board refuse. In my case, they refused to build a new stadium because the current stadium was built recently 9 season ago. So, I leaked to the press and voilà! The board approved a new 47000 stadium!

Edited by fm_08/09

On 08/02/2024 at 17:52, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello @MisterX

We have looked into your saves and it seems like this is a San Marino specific issue.

Because of this we might not be able to resolve this in this FM cycle. 

I have also sent you a DM if you can check.

I send my reply.