• negative transfer budget

CrackeNel
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

I have a problem in my beta game. I'm in 2036, and despite having excellent financial health, I start each season with a negative transfer budget. This is quite bothersome as it forces me to sell a player at the beginning of each season.

The issue is that all the budget is allocated to the wage budget. As soon as I return to a positive balance and can reallocate my budget, I end up with hundreds of millions in the transfer budget.

I'm attaching two screenshots to provide a clearer view of the situation.

transfert fm24.JPG

budget transfert.JPG

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I've had the same problem, with Anderlecht as well. At the end of every season I have a positive balance but the board sets a negative transfer budget.

image.thumb.png.b1ac5847c47461bde85e0c14e2fc565e.pngimage.thumb.png.eb9aba6a2bdd42bee35de9c72f71ae83.png

Same with me in Feynord, i have lik 100m and 20m in wages at the end of the season, and one day transfer budget just go in minus, and all money bassicly dissapear.

I had the same problem with Huddersfield in the Premier League, and even after surviving relegation and the club being considered "rich" by the game, i got a $0 budget for my second season in the top flight and board refuses to give me any funds at all. fm24bug.thumb.PNG.edcbd1bb70602a51273a1e73d6875521.PNGfm24bug2.thumb.PNG.fa482f01959485cac7e58a28d692f939.PNG2023-10-24(1).thumb.png.9cb19c0c9c7dd62f00339564054f9bca.png

Edited by Hohezeit

• SI Staff

Hello, we have been looking into this issue internally. 

Extra examples would be very helpful, could we please get some save files from just before your club is given negative budget.

You can see how to send us save games in the link below.

• SI Staff

Thanks for providing that. As mentioned, any other examples other have would be appreciated too so we can review all avenues of decision making behind why this is determined in-game.

If it helps: After selling a few players I have now had three messages in a month that the board has relinquished control from the transfer budget without having had a messaged that they took back control before.

I've added another save: "Östersunds FK - Negative Budget After Win".

The budgets are set immediately after the match this is saved at (assuming you win, since I think the budget is set upon winning the league).

In any case, the club has £41.5 million in the bank, but as soon as the budget is set, I have a -817k transfer budget, with a wage budget 6 times higher than my current spend. If you check the next season budget before the match, you can see that it's locked at 0, and the board always rejects attempts to alter it due to the current finances at the club. This happens every single season, regardless of the money available to the club.

Edited by elerossel

• SI Staff

Hello @elerossel

Looking into your save, this happened because your club has the vision 'recoup funds'.

Once you regain around £800K from player sales you should be able to adjust your budget.

Will we look to get this logged and make improvements in the area.

Same problem with me. I have uploaded my first save Ivan Rusatev - Arsenal starting of 9th season and inital transfer budget was set to -2,5 billion.
    Unfortunatly I donot have save before the issue appeared:
    image.thumb.png.21b170695880c19d8511ac9a37795ea2.png

Edited by THE_B@RD

Started second game save with Juventus and on third season match before securing Champions league qualification:

image.thumb.png.d66dc80d2cfa6d4f1ad94b299815a224.png

And after wining the next match:

image.thumb.png.4e72c98f6fba6a8f254b1161d41e4d7b.png 

Both saves uploaded : Ivan Rusatev - Juventus before  and Ivan Rusatev - Juventus. 

On 01/12/2023 at 23:20, bigtukker said:

If it helps: After selling a few players I have now had three messages in a month that the board has relinquished control from the transfer budget without having had a messaged that they took back control before.

Just made an account because of this issue. I also start in the negative and after every outoing transfer (loans as well), for 1.5 seasons now (the transferbudget bug started back then) get this message.

image.png.40f7e79ac917d0d97c673851a0ea4da3.png

These figures, especially those of the salary budget, do not align with the actual numbers:

image.png.33e62f1924c08717aa24137ef1cc3f10.png

Also, for the second time now, I have experienced, and this is the frustrating part, that after a season with a (very) positive transfer balance, I was set back to minus 15M after the season, despite having saved over 200M in transfer budget in my last season. Even adjusting the transfer slider (which is only possible when I am back above zero) does not seem to have a great effect. Here is my transfer balance for this early season:

image.png.682808200b29bc1bdae1b6fbc6ade74a.png

And for the past season:

image.png.a92df567a9b5a385f3752dd6933ac363.png

And here a screenshot of earlier in the game when my budget was still negative:

image.png.eac160e715d58d1e0b7c8370f41860a4.png

Sadly I don't have a saved game of just before the board was giving me the negative budget so I added the earliest (january in the season), the one closest after it happened and the most recent (where you maybe can reproduce the top screenshot). They are called: Sven D - Feyenoord 26.fm, Sven D - Feyenoord 27 (v03).fm and Sven D - Feyenoord 28.fm

If you wish I can look if I can find a save from the season before when the same transfer bug occured.

Edited by DontLikeBugs

Any word on whether it's a bug or working as intended? Also I'm uploading a new save a few days before the allocation of the transfer budget which is -7 million in a club with secure finances.

• SI Staff

It's an issue we still have under review. There are times when it can be intended, but we wouldn't just look to dismiss it out of hand as being intended in all instances. 

If you can upload your save file too where it is happening it does help, given just how much is involved with clubs determining budgets.

There definitely is an issue, in my bolton save I started  one season with a negative budget of 5 and a half million. I sold a few players and had amassed a budget of 10 million to spend. I had saved my 10 million transfer budget till the end of the season because there were a few good players with expiring contracts that i knew i would be able to sign but as soon as the season ended it took it all away and gave me another negative budget of 5 and a half million for the new season. I knew something wasn't right so I thought to check online and see if anyone else had mentioned some sort of bug and that is what brought me here. I'm gutted as I spent over a week playing really enjoying the game and now I just feel like uninstalling it because even if a fix is made I would most likely have to start over from the beginning on a completely new save.