• make changes on pregame editor, but game doesn't allow me to upload it-stuck with original database

hulkius
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

The changes on I've made on the pre-game editor won't load into new games and therefore I'm always stuck with original database

As a test before I started anything major, I have made some simple changes to a few players (changing place of births/nationalities etc), to see if it worked OK and loaded up into the game play properly.

However, when I start a new game these changes do not load up into the game and I am left with the original database and no changes.

Very basic issue, but I can't get it.

This is what I'm doing

Saving the file

1/Save editor data as

2/ users

3/ public *

4/ documents

5/ Sports Interactive **

6/ Football manager 24 ***

7/ editor data

8/ i then name my file (at present i have 2 test files in here, both of which contain minor changes like changing the DoB for a few players)

all of this is done in fmf format

* at this junction, in addition to the folder of 'public' (which i select), i also have the options of A/ default user (but there are no further folders here) and B/ a file with my name go it, but when opened it appears to have system files with no relevance to FM.

** i also have the option of 'editor 24', which then has the file skins, but there is nothing further. I choose Football manager 24

*** at this point there are 2 other options - 'games' and 'skins', both of which have no further folders, so i choose editor data

Starting the game.

When I go to the database option button in the top right hand corner, the only option that appears is the original database, not the 2 named files I've made from points 7 and 8 above.

it looks like I'm not saving the files in the right place - but having read on-line instructions i don't know what I'm doing wrong - my above points of 1-8 all appear to be correct.

Any ideas

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hello, Firstly can you make sure your file is tested and verified in the editor. Then make sure the file is saved as a .fmf file.

Then check in-game where the editor data is being grabbed from by going to: Preferences -> Advanced -> All -> General -> Location.

Editor Data is the correct folder in this location.

Hope this was helpful. :) 

hace 3 horas, Zachary Whyte dijo:

Hello, Firstly can you make sure your file is tested and verified in the editor. Then make sure the file is saved as a .fmf file.

Then check in-game where the editor data is being grabbed from by going to: Preferences -> Advanced -> All -> General -> Location.

Hi, I still with the same problem that hulkius. That's my file

canarios.fmf

7 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

1/ "your file is tested and verified in the editor" - how do you do this?

2/ "Then make sure the file is saved as a .fmf file." - they defo have been saved this way

3/ "Preferences -> Advanced -> All -> General -> Location." - checked where this is and I can do this.

points 2 and 3 I can sort, but can you give me further guidance on step 1 - i'm not 100% sure now you do this.

Thanks very much for your help I really appreciate this,

• SI Staff

Hi @ericelmax

We tested your editor file and it worked fine in game. It does not need to be verified as only minor database changes have been made. As long as you have the file in the correct location it will work.

For @hulkius

To test and verify a file in the editor you have to follow the following steps:
    1. Save the .fmf file.
    2. Go to: Rules -> Test Rules -> Test All.
    3. If test is verified, save the .fmf file again.
    4. If test is failed, fix the errors and try again.

En 8/12/2023 a las 16:09, Zachary Whyte dijo:

Hi @ericelmax

We tested your editor file and it worked fine in game. It does not need to be verified as only minor database changes have been made. As long as you have the file in the correct location it will work.

For @hulkius

To test and verify a file in the editor you have to follow the following steps:
    1. Save the .fmf file.
    2. Go to: Rules -> Test Rules -> Test All.
    3. If test is verified, save the .fmf file again.
    4. If test is failed, fix the errors and try again.

oh, I'm happy to hear that but, I would like to enjoy my file. I saved the file in "editor data" but not appear in game

Hi, I've been having the same issue but I think I've managed to see the problem. I have the location for my editor files to be saved to 'D;\sports interactive\football manager 2024\editor data' however the files are not saving there instead they are saving in the folder path 'C:\VTRoot\HarddiskVolume1\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2024\editor data'. The VTroot folder is hidden so I've had to turn 'view hidden files' on. I've copied this file over and now I can load the file I saved.

I found this out by searching my computer for the file name so you may want to do the same. It seems to be not be saving in the right place as I selected the D drive path to save the file in but it's saved it on a different drive.

Edit - This seems to be my firewall thats doing this rather than anything to do with sports interactive. I'm using Comodo Internet Security so not sure if there is an issue with the program thinking that the file I'm saving is malware.

Edited by tansey

The game can have issues finding files if the game and editor are not on the same drive. This is a familiar problem that has been noted in the Editors Hideaway.