• Central American Cup has a host nation in the rules - wrong, may cause schedule issue

Rygel16
    • Public Status: Under Review Screenshot: Other: CRC.fmf Files Uploaded: Screenshot, Other

The Central American Cup rules have a host nation defined. The nation is set to pick from 4 caribbean nations, e.g. Jamaica.

Of course caribbean is already totally wrong, but the central american cup has no host nation at all actually.

I believe this causes a serious issue:

when creating rule files for nations that compete in the central american cup (e.g. Costa Rica), no matches get scheduled during the entire group stage of the central american cup.

the central american cup group stage plays on wednesdays from aug 2 to aug 30 more or less.

during this entire time, costa rican teams playing in the cup will not get any league games scheduled! Normally they should have games on the saturdays. in the costa rica league, in schedule, I can see the saturdays are scheduled, but all matches get moved, although there is no need.. it should be fine.

I believe it is because of the host nation (I tried changing everything else) that the game thinks the teams travel and there are no other matches during the entire group stage.

Because of this block, the schedule for Costa Rica gets congested enormously and not all matches can be played in time.

(I noticed the same happened for Belize)

I attached Costa Rica file, so you can check the consequence of game schedule for e.g. CS Herediano as soon as 

just doing test competitions for Costa Rica will show the schedule issue 

CRC.fmf

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

as proof of concept, I edited the central american cup (i.e. loaded my CONCACAF continental file) and loaded it together with the Costa Rica file in game.

And then the schedule is normal with saturdays league and wednesdays cup. So I think my hunch is correct. The host nation for the cup prevents scheduling games for participating teams in this entire period causing havoc on the domestic league schedule.

The tournament like has 3 or 4 set as the amount of days to schedule games around - so if there's a game Wednesday or Thursday, often it's cancelling that Saturday fixture