• SPFL Winter Ball

joe5p
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

It seems this year's database does not have the Winter Ball ticked for the SPFL. As far as I know, it should be as the yellow ball gets used every year. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

The yellow ball hasn't been used this season at all that I've noticed. Checked back through the last few Rangers games and the recent SPFL round up and they are all using the white ball. 

Looking back to last season a white ball was used up to Hearts v Rangers on 1st October but a yellow ball used from Rangers v St Mirren on 8th October up until Motherwell v Rangers on 18th March when the white ball returned

For a number of years it was a yellow ball used for the entire season

On 21/11/2023 at 15:07, Ter said:

The yellow ball hasn't been used this season at all that I've noticed. Checked back through the last few Rangers games and the recent SPFL round up and they are all using the white ball. 

Looking back to last season a white ball was used up to Hearts v Rangers on 1st October but a yellow ball used from Rangers v St Mirren on 8th October up until Motherwell v Rangers on 18th March when the white ball returned

For a number of years it was a yellow ball used for the entire season

Thanks Ter, I think the issue is maybe that while the main ball all season was yellow, it didn't need altered from one main ball. When the main ball is white, there are weather issues in Scotland that mean they do use a yellow ball, but likely not as early as October in the main. I think December to March would make sense but know that until anyone can source clarity it may not be implemented.