• Wrong Player Positions/Roles

Jusjus1902
    • Public Status: Open Screenshot: Files Uploaded: Screenshot

I just started my save in the 3rd German Division club "MSV Duisburg" and noticed that some of my Players have the Wrong Position/Roles. 
    For example: "Sebastian Mai" is the Captain of MSV Duisburg. He is a Central Defenders and is also able to Play as a Target Player (Striker). Ingame, he is a Defender, Defensive Midfield and Central Midfield player, this is wrong.
    Another Example: "Tim Köther" is IRL a Left Winger and Left wingback, ingame he is able to play every central role, from defender to an offensive midfielder but not the Position he actually plays in.

Casper Jander, Marvin Knoll, Niklas Kölle, Thomas Pledl, Kolja Pusch, Marvin Bakalorz and Santiago Castaneda are also players with wrong Positions.

I would recommend you to fix this. For Sources i used https://www.transfermarkt.de/msv-duisburg/startseite/verein/52 and my eyes (i watched multiple games IRL).

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Sebastian Mai" is the Captain of MSV Duisburg. He is a Central Defenders and is also able to Play as a Target Player (Striker). Ingame, he is a Defender, Defensive Midfield and Central Midfield player, this is wrong.

He should have DC (20) as his main position, as well DM (13), MC 10 and ST (13) - is set in the database correctly
    image.png.c21a3476f4b0f2247ed1b49b2a9a5a83.png

"Tim Köther" is IRL a Left Winger and Left wingback, ingame he is able to play every central role, from defender to an offensive midfielder but not the Position he actually plays in.

Unfortunately, he came with the wrong positions (the one you have mentioned) from Heidenheim as a loan player to the club. - Is under review

Casper Jander

Casper Jander - his main position in the database is MC (20)m as well DM (18) and AMC (16) - so can´t see any problem
    image.png.5b1516a641b6f8bc8108fce36d201f78.png

Marvin Knoll

His main position is DC (20), as well added DM (18) and MC (15) in the database - same, can´t see any problem with his position

image.png.6dea381e51ed625cbf6fa4fd6cf8e7dc.png

Thomas Pledl

His main position is AMR (20), as well added MR 19, AMC (18), AML 15, ML 15 - i can´see any problem with it, to be honest.

image.png.e408cbfd149a08f4ce647e6ff1b1a6f6.png

Kolja Pusch

His main position is AMC (20), with MC 18  (with 10 on the left flanks) - as I have seen him many times while his time in Austria at Admira Wacker, I can't understand why his position should be AMR too, as listed below. He never played there in any of his matches.

image.png.1ec2247ac869fc834b3de71476927c90.png

Marvin Bakalorz

Main role is DM (20) with MC (19) - Hmmm, again, I can't see any problem with his positions

image.png.a1093ab1453c3f9420579ab6e3f94aa2.png

Santiago Castaneda

This player came from U.S.A. with the given positions (AMC 20).  - is under review

As you can see, I've also used the sources from Transfermarkt at

Cheers

Hey, thanks for your answer!
    In my save, the Players you stated as "they arent wrong" are kinda right. I shouldve explained further.
    For example: Marvin Knoll is a left winger + CD/DM. So he is indeed right, but also not, if you get what i mean.

I dont mind the "secondary" role at all but im pretty sure this should be ranked lower since he didnt play it for quite a while or even get it taken out.

Im very happy to look forward to start a new save with MSV Duisburg. Game looks great so far.

vor 23 Minuten schrieb Jusjus1902:

Hey, thanks for your answer!
    In my save, the Players you stated as "they arent wrong" are kinda right. I shouldve explained further.
    For example: Marvin Knoll is a left winger + CD/DM. So he is indeed right, but also not, if you get what i mean.

I dont mind the "secondary" role at all but im pretty sure this should be ranked lower since he didnt play it for quite a while or even get it taken out.

Im very happy to look forward to start a new save with MSV Duisburg. Game looks great so far.

I know what you mean, but if you don't know the player because we can't know all players in Germany and their positions, we need to take it out from different sources.  Transfermarkt is not the best source at all, but at least it gives us Researchers an overview of their position(s). As long there is no Assistant Researcher for the specified club, who can check on this and balance it, we can only give our best to have it accordingly in the database and furthermore more or less correct in the game. 
    We know, we can not satisfy everybody and there will always be different opinions about a player or players, but if you like, send me your thoughts on the incorrect data and I will change it as good as possible for the next update.

I really appreciate feedback from supporters and will also take their feedback into account.

I totally agree with you and understand your point. Especially about the source problems. Transfermarkt has been a good source so far for MSV Duisburg, because they get informations from Reporters that are very good linked within the Club.
    If my informations can really change something that would be great, if not, heres a ROMAN/ Novelle or whatever:

I will list now Players and their Positions ingame, IRL and maybe some extra notes.
    15+ Positions are underlined and use "/". Every other position is marked as cursive and "\".
    ST: Striker
    AM: Attacking Midfield
    AMR/L: Attacking Midfield Right/Left
    LM/RM: Right/Left Midfield
    LWB/RWB: Left/ Right wingback
    RB/LB: Right/Left Back
    CD: Central Defender
    DM: Defensive Midfield
    CM: Central Midfield

Thomas Pledl: INGAME: AM / AMR / RMALM \ LM \ CM \ DM \ RWB \ RB \ ST   --- IRL: AMR / AM / AML \ RM/ LM

Kolja Pusch: INGAME: AM / CM / DM \ ST \ AML \ LM \ LWB \ LB --- IRL: AM / CM \ AML

Marvin Knoll: INGAME: CD / DM \ CM \ AM \ LM \ AMR --- IRL: CD / DM \ CM --- He is super slow, often gets muscular problems but he is a true leader and good with the ball and got good passing aswell (Increase Passing / Vision / leadership by 1 and reduce accelaration / pace / fitness by 2)

Casper Jander: INGAME: DM / CM \ AM \ AML \ LM \ ST--- IRL: DM / CM --- He is an excellent ballwinner, as he just proved in the U20 national team (Increase Tackling/Aggression/Anticipation by 1 and reduce decisions / finishing by 1 aswell) Additional note; he never shoots and always passes instead | he is very constant (performancewise)

Baran Mogultay + Niklas Kölle: Positions are correct but their stamina and fitness are a bit low for players that play a lot and run for 90min straight. also they are very fast. since niklas kölle plays offensive now, he trys to do bicycle kicks often (scored a banger already)

Santiago Castaneda: INGAME: AMC --- IRL: DM / CM \ AMC | At Duisburg, he did play Defender in Preseason but not in the league. He is a good playmaker and has really good vision and passing but i think his stats ingame do not reflect that. I think vision and passing should be atleast ranked 2-3 Points higher. his determination should be around 14

Alexander Esswein is an Angry player, he is talking to the ref all game long and keeps collecting yellows because of his behaviour. He uses the outside of the foot extremely often ("Außenrist").

Benjamin Girth is slow af, his acceleration and pace is 2-3 points too high.

Niclas Stierlin: (he didnt Play RWB / RB for 6 years now), but i think his tackling/strength rating is 2 or 3 points too low (he wins most of his tackling duels by ease) His passing is 1-2 points too high, he sucks at passing. he is already 23 but he started to play better this season when playing as an offensive ballwinner (idk his potential but he seems to be better than expected)

Tim Köther: you got it already, he plays everything on the left side but thats it. he often shoots from distance and his corners are atleast 1 point higher than ingame

Sebastian Mai: INGAME: CD \ DM \ CM --- IRL: CD \ DM \ ST --- his passing is 1 point too high and his strenght 1 point too low + he is a player that likes to get yellows by talking to the ref | he is very constant (performancewise)

Jonas Michelbrink: he often shoots from distance even though his shots suck and his biggest strenght is passing and vision (ingame: 7 and 13, wich is simply wrong) | increase passing by atleast 3 points

Robin Müller: increase pace by 2 and reduce dribbling and flair by 2, he cant dribble around his enemys but just outpaces them

Marvin Bakalorz: IRL: DM / CM nothing else! he got great headers so maybe 1-2 points higher

Chinedu Ekene: he is a physical only player, winning almost every tackling duel getting the ball back and is always pressing hard (even after he ran for 80min straight) his stamina, fittnes should be 2-3 points higher and his tackling is just too low, maybe increase it by 3-4 points, he is also very determined --- in the ongoing season he proved he is unable to score but as i said, is good physically

Alaa Bakir: he isnt very constant, sometimes he plays very well but most of the times he underperforms hard, maybe reduce this hidden stat and raise his flair by 2 points

If you put in the injury of Niklas Kölle (Shoulder) you have to put in the injury of Thomas Pledl aswell! they got the same stuff, and are missing for 9 weeks already. BUT BOTH GOT INJURED ON THE FIRST AND SECOND GAMEDAY! 

Dominik Volker left MSV Duisburg 1st July of 2022 and was unemployed for about half a year when he joined Atlas Delmenhorst

Im missing Leeroy Kwadwo, Marvin Ajani and Lukas Raeder in the Transfer history (all three left the club in the summer unemployed. Kwadwo and Ajani soon found a new club but Raeder is still unemployed)

Also VFL Bochum is a rival of MSV Duisburg about the same level as Schalke 04.

For the MSV Duisburg Main staff i saw missing: 
    source: https://www.msv-duisburg.de/mannschaften/profis-herren/

Norman Marx Physiotherapist
    Peter Kaup Doctor
    Robert Roenick Doctor

For the U19 Team i found that the staff is wrong. Here the OFFICIAL SOURCE OF THE CLUB ITSELF: https://www.msv-duisburg.de/fileadmin/content/user_upload/Organigramm_22-23.pdf
    https://www.msv-duisburg.de/mannschaften/nachwuchs/u19/

Engin Vural: U19 Coach
    Andre Panz: U19 Co
    Dimitri Steininger: U19 Co
    Alexander Weber U19 CO + Scout
    Timo Ridderbusch U19 Goalkeepercoach
    Kai Clausmeier: U19 Athletic Coach / Niklas Trupp U19 Athletic coach
    Damir Salkovic: U19 Scout
    Marion Trawinski: U19 Video analyst
    Katharina Keßler: U19 Chef physiotherapist
    Marvin Langer U19 Physiotherapist
    Simon Glodek U19 Physiotherapist
    Ouissam Bachiri U19 Physiotherapist
    Fabian Arimond U19 Sportspsychologist

vor 56 Minuten schrieb Jusjus1902:

I totally agree with you and understand your point. Especially about the source problems. Transfermarkt has been a good source so far for MSV Duisburg, because they get informations from Reporters that are very good linked within the Club.
    If my informations can really change something that would be great, if not, heres a ROMAN/ Novelle or whatever:

I will list now Players and their Positions ingame, IRL and maybe some extra notes.
    15+ Positions are underlined and use "/". Every other position is marked as cursive and "\".
    ST: Striker
    AM: Attacking Midfield
    AMR/L: Attacking Midfield Right/Left
    LM/RM: Right/Left Midfield
    LWB/RWB: Left/ Right wingback
    RB/LB: Right/Left Back
    CD: Central Defender
    DM: Defensive Midfield
    CM: Central Midfield

Thomas Pledl: INGAME: AM / AMR / RMALM \ LM \ CM \ DM \ RWB \ RB \ ST   --- IRL: AMR / AM / AML \ RM/ LM

Kolja Pusch: INGAME: AM / CM / DM \ ST \ AML \ LM \ LWB \ LB --- IRL: AM / CM \ AML

Marvin Knoll: INGAME: CD / DM \ CM \ AM \ LM \ AMR --- IRL: CD / DM \ CM --- He is super slow, often gets muscular problems but he is a true leader and good with the ball and got good passing aswell (Increase Passing / Vision / leadership by 1 and reduce accelaration / pace / fitness by 2)

Casper Jander: INGAME: DM / CM \ AM \ AML \ LM \ ST--- IRL: DM / CM --- He is an excellent ballwinner, as he just proved in the U20 national team (Increase Tackling/Aggression/Anticipation by 1 and reduce decisions / finishing by 1 aswell) Additional note; he never shoots and always passes instead | he is very constant (performancewise)

Baran Mogultay + Niklas Kölle: Positions are correct but their stamina and fitness are a bit low for players that play a lot and run for 90min straight. also they are very fast. since niklas kölle plays offensive now, he trys to do bicycle kicks often (scored a banger already)

Santiago Castaneda: INGAME: AMC --- IRL: DM / CM \ AMC | At Duisburg, he did play Defender in Preseason but not in the league. He is a good playmaker and has really good vision and passing but i think his stats ingame do not reflect that. I think vision and passing should be atleast ranked 2-3 Points higher. his determination should be around 14

Alexander Esswein is an Angry player, he is talking to the ref all game long and keeps collecting yellows because of his behaviour. He uses the outside of the foot extremely often ("Außenrist").

Benjamin Girth is slow af, his acceleration and pace is 2-3 points too high.

Niclas Stierlin: (he didnt Play RWB / RB for 6 years now), but i think his tackling/strength rating is 2 or 3 points too low (he wins most of his tackling duels by ease) His passing is 1-2 points too high, he sucks at passing. he is already 23 but he started to play better this season when playing as an offensive ballwinner (idk his potential but he seems to be better than expected)

Tim Köther: you got it already, he plays everything on the left side but thats it. he often shoots from distance and his corners are atleast 1 point higher than ingame

Sebastian Mai: INGAME: CD \ DM \ CM --- IRL: CD \ DM \ ST --- his passing is 1 point too high and his strenght 1 point too low + he is a player that likes to get yellows by talking to the ref | he is very constant (performancewise)

Jonas Michelbrink: he often shoots from distance even though his shots suck and his biggest strenght is passing and vision (ingame: 7 and 13, wich is simply wrong) | increase passing by atleast 3 points

Robin Müller: increase pace by 2 and reduce dribbling and flair by 2, he cant dribble around his enemys but just outpaces them

Marvin Bakalorz: IRL: DM / CM nothing else! he got great headers so maybe 1-2 points higher

Chinedu Ekene: he is a physical only player, winning almost every tackling duel getting the ball back and is always pressing hard (even after he ran for 80min straight) his stamina, fittnes should be 2-3 points higher and his tackling is just too low, maybe increase it by 3-4 points, he is also very determined --- in the ongoing season he proved he is unable to score but as i said, is good physically

Alaa Bakir: he isnt very constant, sometimes he plays very well but most of the times he underperforms hard, maybe reduce this hidden stat and raise his flair by 2 points

If you put in the injury of Niklas Kölle (Shoulder) you have to put in the injury of Thomas Pledl aswell! they got the same stuff, and are missing for 9 weeks already. BUT BOTH GOT INJURED ON THE FIRST AND SECOND GAMEDAY! 

First at all - some of the skills are random ingame. Those skills are blank in the database. 
    It is hard to know how many points will be an inrease from 1 or 2. Best would be to tell us the suggested skill points to amend it accordingly.

My recommendations: 
    Marvin Knoll: Passing 14, Vision 13, Leadership, 10 / Pace 9, Fitness 11, Acceleration 9

Casper Jander: Finishing 4, Long Shots 4, Tackling 13, Aggression 14, Anticipation 11 | player trait: look for the pass instead of attemting to score | constancy about 15 if 20 is the best

Baran Mogultay: stamina 12, fitness 13
    Niklas Kölle: Pace 14, Stamina 13, fitness 12, player trait: trys bicycle kicks

Santiago Castaneda: Passing 12, vision 14, determination 14

Alexander Esswein: player trait: argues with officials, winds up opponents

Benjamin Girth:  pace and acceleration 7 and 8

Niclas Stierlin: Tackling and strength 14, passing 8, idk his potential but increase it a tiny bit

Tim Köther: Player trait: shoots from distance corners and crossing 10

Sebastian Mai: player trait: argues with officials, passing 11, strenght 15, constancy about 16 if 20 is the best

Jonas Michelbrink: player trait: shoots from distance, passing 11, vision 14

Robin Müller: Pace 15, dribbling 8. flair 7, player trait: knock ball past opponent when taking on him

Marvin Bakalorz: heading 14

Chinedu Ekene:  stamina 15 fitness 13, determination 13,  tackling 10 (constancy about 13 if 20 is the best)

Alaa Bakir: lower constancy (if 20 is the best do it like 8), flair 15

If i didnt do a mistake i added the current stats of the save i just started (first day) of the players i mentioned have "wrong" stats or missing player traits that are important 

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Fire_03

Posted (edited)

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Jusjus1902:

Dominik Volker left MSV Duisburg 1st July of 2022 and was unemployed for about half a year when he joined Atlas Delmenhorst

Never heard about this guy. Can you provide me anything about him?

Im missing Leeroy Kwadwo, Marvin Ajani and Lukas Raeder in the Transfer history (all three left the club in the summer unemployed. Kwadwo and Ajani soon found a new club but Raeder is still unemployed)

Kwadwo appears in the transfer list in ORDB, while Ajani and Raeder not. - Please send me a screenshot of the transfer screen for further investigations.

@Zachary Whyte - could you or someone else have a quick look on that and why it happens? He also provided some screenshots, where you can see Kwadwo is missed, but Volkmer who left the club end of 2022 season will appear there, which is incorrect.

That Reader is still unemployed, while the others not, could maybe be because of lack of interest for a 3.Liga player without having an extra lower file.

Also VFL Bochum is a rival of MSV Duisburg about the same level as Schalke 04.

Is a licence issue - nothing we can do from research side.

Engin Vural: U19 Coach - Is Manager U19 as mentioned on the website. Is correct
    Kai Clausmeier: U19 Athletic Coach - at Mönchengladbach since 01/07/2023 - https://www.transfermarkt.de/kai-clausmaier/profil/trainer/96640
    Damir Salkovic: U19 Scout - at Mönchengladbach since 01/07/2023 - https://www.transfermarkt.de/damir-salkovic/profil/trainer/16118

On the list for a future update

• Norman Marx Physiotherapist
    • Peter Kaup Doctor
    • Niklas Trupp U19 Athletic coach
    • Andre Panz: U19 Co
    • Dimitri Steininger: U19 Co
    • Alexander Weber U19 CO + Scout
    • Timo Ridderbusch U19 Goalkeepercoach
    • Robert Roenick Doctor
    • Marion Trawinski: U19 Video analyst 
    • Katharina Keßler: U19 Chef physiotherapist 

• Marvin Langer U19 Physiotherapist - no birthdate or at least year of birth
    • Simon Glodek U19 Physiotherapist - no birthdate or at least year of birth
    • Ouissam Bachiri U19 Physiotherapist - no birthdate or at least year of birth
    • Fabian Arimond U19 Sportspsychologist - no birthdate or at least year of birth

We will not create any non-players or players without at least a year of birth.

Edited by Fire_03

Thanks a lot for your effort. I know it might seem irrelevant because its "just the 3rd German Division".

Oh yes. I did a mistake on Kai Clausmeier and Damir Salkovic. Even though Salkovic is a U19 Staff member in the game atm, wich is wrong then.

When writing Dominik Volker i did a spelling mistake. Its Dominic Volkmer. https://www.transfermarkt.de/dominic-volkmer/profil/spieler/339596

https://www.msv-duisburg.de/mannschaften/nachwuchs/u17/ a screenshot of this website, where u can see date of birth and name of the wirst two in ur list with "no info for date of birth", for the others i didnt find anything aswell. 
    image.png.c98259b9feffb411b3a90da60ed8e460.png

Raeder is unemployed IRL too, so a mistake of me. Still, he doesnt appear at me. 
    Kwadwo and Ajani:
    THIS IS TSV 1860 MÜNCHEN wich Kwadwo should be listed in as new player
    image.png.d1c380ebcf590d14fecdc72c51c4baf5.png

THIS IS HALLISCHER FC wich Ajani should be listed in as new playerimage.png.a2b8aa1de8769efa724f50fabdb9fd96.png 

THIS IS MSV DUISBURG transfer of those who left, where we can see Dominic Volkmer (left a year ago) but dont see Kwadwo Ajani and Raederimage.png.a7de2682aee4488b1c0e401ba396a361.png

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Jusjus1902:

On the list for a future update

• Marvin Knoll: Passing 14, Vision 13, Leadership, 10 / Pace 9, Fitness 11, Acceleration 9
    • Casper Jander: Finishing 4, Long Shots 4, Tackling 13, Aggression 14, Anticipation 11 | player trait: look for the pass instead of attemting to score | constancy about 15 if 20 is the best
    • Baran Mogultay: stamina 12, fitness 13
    • Niklas Kölle: Pace 14, Stamina 13, fitness 12, player trait: trys bicycle kicks
    • Santiago Castaneda: Passing 12, vision 14, determination 14
    • Alexander Esswein: player trait: argues with officials, winds up opponents
    • Benjamin Girth:  pace and acceleration 7 and 8
    • Niclas Stierlin: Tackling and strength 14, passing 8, idk his potential but increase it a tiny bit
    • Tim Köther: Player trait: shoots from distance corners and crossing 10
    • Sebastian Mai: player trait: argues with officials, passing 11, strenght 15, constancy about 16 if 20 is the best
    • Jonas Michelbrink: player trait: shoots from distance, passing 11, vision 14
    • Robin Müller: Pace 15, dribbling 8. flair 7, player trait: knock ball past opponent when taking on him
    • Marvin Bakalorz: heading 14
    • Chinedu Ekene:  stamina 15 fitness 13, determination 13,  tackling 10 (constancy about 13 if 20 is the best)
    • Alaa Bakir: lower constancy (if 20 is the best do it like 8), flair 15

vor 30 Minuten schrieb Jusjus1902:

Kwadwo appears in the transfer list in ORDB, while Ajani and Raeder not. - Please send me a screenshot of the transfer screen for further investigations.

@Zachary Whyte - could you or someone else have a quick look on that and why it happens? He also provided some screenshots, where you can see Kwadwo is missed, but Volkmer who left the club end of 2022 season will appear there, which is incorrect.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raeder is unemployed IRL too, so a mistake of me. Still, he doesnt appear at me. 
    Kwadwo and Ajani:
    THIS IS TSV 1860 MÜNCHEN wich Kwadwo should be listed in as new player
    image.png.d1c380ebcf590d14fecdc72c51c4baf5.png

THIS IS HALLISCHER FC wich Ajani should be listed in as new playerimage.png.a2b8aa1de8769efa724f50fabdb9fd96.png 

THIS IS MSV DUISBURG transfer of those who left, where we can see Dominic Volkmer (left a year ago) but dont see Kwadwo Ajani and Raederimage.png.a7de2682aee4488b1c0e401ba396a361.png

• SI Staff
    22 hours ago, Jusjus1902 said:

Thanks a lot for your effort. I know it might seem irrelevant because its "just the 3rd German Division".

Not at all. It's a licensed division in an important country - both in and outside of FM - so it's much appreciated and we are always looking to improve our research and database!

We're happy to receive feedback for Vanuatu too, mind you - although, sorry to Vanuatu, that is slighty more irrelevant.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Jeroen Thijssen:

Not at all. It's a licensed division in an important country - both in and outside of FM - so it's much appreciated and we are always looking to improve our research and database!

We're happy to receive feedback for Vanuatu too, mind you - although, sorry to Vanuatu, that is slighty more irrelevant.

Apart from saying thank you to JusJus1902 for the great feedback, I would like to heartily welcome him as Assistant Researcher for Duisburg.