• Pascal Struijk declared nationality

FourFiveOne
    • Public Status: Open Files Uploaded: None

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

10 minutes ago, Jeroen Thijssen said:

Moving to England data issues - but he was in the picture for the Dutch NT (last season)

The player himself said that he wants to play for the Netherlands (see link to article) so he shouldnt be playing for any other country in FM, only the Netherlands.

Until he plays a game for Netherlands he is still eligible to play for Belgium so therefore shouldn’t be marked as declared for nation until after that point.

8 hours ago, Yer Maw said:

Until he plays a game for Netherlands he is still eligible to play for Belgium so therefore shouldn’t be marked as declared for nation until after that point.

When a player clearly says that he wants to play for the Netherlands and even has been close to playing for them already it just not isnt realistic to see him play for Belgium. Nobody in Belgium thinks or believes Struijk will play for Belgium. It breaks the realism in FM in this particular case.

• SI Staff

At this moment in time it's realistic that The Netherlands is the option. However, it can still change. Perhaps he will pick Indonesia...

This currently also needs to be reflected in FM - so there should be the option in a few years time - but I agree that a switch away from NL would be strange "this season".

9 hours ago, FourFiveOne said:

When a player clearly says that he wants to play for the Netherlands and even has been close to playing for them already it just not isnt realistic to see him play for Belgium. Nobody in Belgium thinks or believes Struijk will play for Belgium. It breaks the realism in FM in this particular case.

There is nothing right now to say he will never ever play for Belgium though as he is still eligible to. It breaks realism to complete remove that in option in game in this particular case.

16 minutes ago, Yer Maw said:

There is nothing right now to say he will never ever play for Belgium though as he is still eligible to. It breaks realism to complete remove that in option in game in this particular case.

Are you even from Belgium? Because i am. Struijk is not even a topic in Belgium or for national team coach Domenico Tedesco, nor does Struijk talk about Belgium. That was all in the past. Struijk has no connection with Belgium apart from being born there, thats all. He made clear (check the article that i shared)  that he wants to play for the Netherlands, and like Jeroen said he'd probably pick Indonesia as second option because of his origin. Belgium/Tedesco also have other young CB's in the picking order like Zinho Vanheusden, Sebastiaan Bornauw, Ameen Al-Dakhil and Koni De Winter, so chances are incredibly slim that Struijk would be called up for Belgium anyway. So i disagree with you and i'll leave it at that. End of discussion.