• Finances

Craig_R.U.F.C
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Feels like these are very high for a lot of teams all things considered. I am an outsider looking in, so I assume there is reasonable explanations for this however it does feel a little bit too much considering the reputation of the league & comparing to rival leagues? Again, I could be completely misjudging!

Copenhagen - 55m
    Brondby - 49.3m
    Midtjylland - 33.9m
    Nordsjaelland - 32m
    Aarhus - 16.8m
    Odense - 15.9m
    Viborg - 12.3m
    Silkeborg - 7.4m
    Randers - 4.1m
    Lyndby - 3.2m
    Velje - 2.2m
    Hvidovre - 43k

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Girafi

Posted (edited)

Hi Craig!

All the Danish finances have been looked at very closely this year. It´s all based on the clubs public-facing financial records.
    If you look at the transfer fees players have been sold for in especially the top 5 in your list, that would probably show you why they´re set to the level they are :) 

Brøndby specifically recently got new owners, which have pumped quite of bit of money into the club.

Edited by Girafi

3 minutes ago, Girafi said:

Hi Craig!

All the Danish finances have been looked at very closely this year. It´s all based on the clubs public-facing financial records.
    If you look at the transfer fees players have been sold for in especially the top 5 in your list, that would probably show you why they´re set to the level they are :) 

Brøndby specifically recently got new owners, which have pumped quite of bit of money into the club.

Guess that explains it! :)

Brilliant work on the research, by the way!

I think FC Midtjylland is too low in finanses and Brøndby too high.
    Brøndby have not been willing to pay high tranfers and they don´t massively invest in salaries.
    FC Midtjylland also had a new owner (he is the richest person in Denmark!) They have spend around 20 million euro this year, much more than both FC Copenhagen and Brøndby, FC Copenhagen can splash and should be highest, but it seems weird to put FC Midtjylland so low, they are without doubt the secound largest in terms of budget in the Superliga.

Yes, its public and therefor I don't understand the finances of Brondby as well. 

Brondby IFs balance ('egenkapital' in danish) is 187.640.000 in danish kr > £21.565.089 - I think transfer budget should be around £3 million after spending "big" in the summer.

Link: https://regnskaber.cvrapi.dk/xhtml/01433938/amNsb3VkczovLzAzLzA1LzVhLzZkLzZmL2RmYjQtNDEyNi05YzNjLTNjZDM1Mjc1ZTE2NQ.pdf <-- Look for 'egenkapital'

FC Copenhagen is owned by a company. The company have around £100 million in balance so balance/transfer budget looks fine.

FC Midtjyllands balance is closer to £40 than £30 million but no huge mistake there. Transfer budget seems okay as well. As one pointed out they are bit richer than Brondby - also after the new owners of Brondby.

FC Nordsjælland looks OK as well.

Actually Silkeborg is quite rich and a very healthy buisness. They have around £35 million but they spend very little so maybe its "dangerous" to change the balance because then they will suddenly spend too much in the game.

..to sum up. I'm a huge Brondby supporter. They DO NOT have £49 million in the bank and transferbudget is not 7 million. Both things should be at least halved. 

Edited by ajoobah

"Egenkaptial" is not equal to the amount of cash the club have in the bank, it´s the value of all their assets. 

You´re however right that Brøndby is too high, will be looked into for a future data update :)