• macOS Sonoma Game Mode is not recognized

talhak

The latest feature of macOS, which was made available with Sonoma (14.0), Game Mode is not recognized when FM24 starts. As you know, it does bring many promises for game performance. You may find my system report attached.

Feel free to ask any further information.

Cheers.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

I've flagged this to our team and we'll investigate, it could well be it's not something that's not available until full release or later, as from what I'm reading Game Mode was only introduced last month (if I'm wrong, please let me know!).

Hmm, the announcement goes back to June as it was announced at WWDC '23. And during the Beta phases of the new OS, Apple do provide support to devs for the implementation of the new features.

Thanks for flagging this feedback to the team. :thup: Hope to get this critical support with the full release. @Kyle Brown

Edited by talhak

• Administrators

We have it in the database for a future feature request to be added, but I can't speak to when that will be - I can only confirm it won't be for launch. I'm really sorry for the bad news.

I see, thanks for your confirmation, Kyle. Surely it's a shame to not see it is not going to be ready for the release as I believe FM should be known for being a pioneer for new tech - especially if it's something related to game performance. It would double the happiness for the Mac users, who are generally not prioritised in the gaming world. Anyway, all the best to the team! @Kyle Brown

I can confirm that the macOS Game Mode Feature is now enabled by the release. Great work by you, SI - and congrats for making it available than expected! 🙂👏  @Kyle Brown

Edited by talhak

I've seen Game Mode enabled when fm24 is launched in full-screen mode (external display) from my MacBook Pro, but not when I'm starting it in windowed mode.

• SI Staff
    5 hours ago, Heilan Coo said:

I've seen Game Mode enabled when fm24 is launched in full-screen mode (external display) from my MacBook Pro, but not when I'm starting it in windowed mode.

From what I understand and have read on it so far, I believe that's intentional behaviour on the OS side of things and not something in our control. :thup:

What it's really doing is just prioritising the game that's running more priority over the CPU and GPU usage. So any other application running at the same time might take a performance hit.

Thanks. :)

2 hours ago, Jamie King said:

From what I understand and have read on it so far, I believe that's intentional behaviour on the OS side of things and not something in our control. :thup:

Yes, that's right. :thup: And, according to the experimental results, it does really improve gaming performance. Great to have this support with the release. Congrats to the team behind this support! 👏 "Innovative game on innovative tech" 😎

Edited by talhak