• FM24 Match graphics is running jagging

phd_angel
    • Public Status: Need More Info Save Game: Cadiz 2032 May Files Uploaded: Save Game

FM24 processing speed is quite fast but matches are running pretty jagged. It's a minor yet constant oscillation of speed (up and down, up and down, up and down...).

It happens regardless of graphics quality settings: from low to very high, the jagged effect is the same. I always set my Crowd to low. It happens whether or not of other applications are open (Chrome or Mozilla browsers). Yes, I use face, logo and kit packs... No skins yet (waiting for Zealand's skin update...) 

My laptop specs can handle Very High graphics at 5 stars (see below). It's a ROG Strix 17 G713. AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX (16GB). NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070. 1TB SSD.

I've already verified integrity of files via Steams but match jaggedness remains.

Any suggestions please? Thanks for your help.

image.png.b807f98e7676ec02658fa5db67e41cfa.png

image.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Do you have a lot of leagues running at once? This happened to me in FM23 in my last save where all of my matches stuttered during play, and it was really difficult to watch. It wasn't the GPU that was the problem - it was the processor (I'm using a Ryzen 5800X, 32GB RAM, and an AMD RX6900XT GPU). I'd just wait until my processor fan died down before clicking on the 'Tactical Meeting' button to start my match, and it'd run smoothly after that because the background matches had already been processed. I thought I could load a lot of leagues at once with those specs, but it didn't turn out that way tbh.

Probably the best way to test is wait about ten minutes before clicking 'Tactical Meeting' and seeing if your match experience is suddenly smoother, or just do a quickstart save with one league loaded and test a friendly match with it.