• Unable to accept job offfer

redders1977
    • Public Status: Resolved Screenshot: Files Uploaded: Screenshot

Manager of MK Dons, applied for the Celtic job. Meanwhile my board tried to persuade me to stay, saying they were aware of interest from other clubs.

I stated my mind was made up and resigned, being offered the celtic job before I pressed continue. However, there was no option to accept their offer, status said I was still in talks, and eventually the job was given to someone else

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

This has also just happened to me. I was offered the role at Cercle Brugge, and my current team Lokeren asked for a meeting for me to reconsider. I attended but still decided to leave the club. When that meeting ends, there was no option to accept the Cercle Brugge offer.

Apparently I'm still favourite for the Brugge job, but nothing happens with it.

image.thumb.png.e36ab7fdda336ca85d46f5cf6edfb597.png

Also, accepting the job offer first and then going to the meeting with Lokeren still ends up with the same outcome; resignation from Lokeren and no Brugge offer.

Same thing happened for me recently. Manager of Boston. Got offered a job at Charlton.

Went to the meeting where Boston tried to convince me to stay. Still said I'm going, but then couldn't take the Charlton job and the end of the meeting effectively meant I resigned as well.