• Gary Johnson given role as DoF when I took over at Torquay. News item said he was 0!

anagain
    • Public Status: Under Review Save Game: anagain_GaryJohnson0.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game

As I said in the title, I just started a new career with Torquay.

The game gave me an option to have Gary Johnson as DoF.

I then got the following message, suggesting that Johnson is 0!

image.png.532faaf181e41c6c57955d7d8a57c23f.png

I can click on Johnson and he is 67 in his profile.

I wondered if this is just something to do with the manager being replaced by a player. This may not be the best bug forum but wasn't sure what it came under.

It should be pretty easy to replicate. I just started as Torquay. I am using the "Your World" game start option. I'll upload my save though.

The only thing I have done to the game are fake file changes

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Funnily enough was looking on here as have just had the same thing happen with the default database (no mods). I was using the Original game mode option.

Edited by TUFCfan

Hi, 

I'm managing Torquay and I'm being forced to manage U18 league games (National South West) which is ruining the save. 

I've tried to sign any member of staff to coach the U18's but the starting point is always £450 p/w (even the terrible regens). Torquay's wages for U18 staff members is only £300 p/w making it impossible to negotiate. 

Did you have this problem or am I missing an option to delegate the U18 league games to a first team member of staff? I've already delegating the U18 friendly matches. 

Thanks. 

13 hours ago, RuffJustice13 said:

Hi, 

I'm managing Torquay and I'm being forced to manage U18 league games (National South West) which is ruining the save. 

I've tried to sign any member of staff to coach the U18's but the starting point is always £450 p/w (even the terrible regens). Torquay's wages for U18 staff members is only £300 p/w making it impossible to negotiate. 

Did you have this problem or am I missing an option to delegate the U18 league games to a first team member of staff? I've already delegating the U18 friendly matches. 

Thanks. 

My assistant manager manages the U18s. Head of Youth provides advice.

The screens you want are Responsibilities > Staff and Responsibilities > Match Day. You should be able to delegate someone to handle U18s. I changed it so DoF manages the U18s.

If you want to push the board to hire managers, as they may find it easier to appoint someone on the wages you have, then delegating "hiring and firing the Torquay U18s Manager" may help prompt the board to start hiring coaches.

image.png.8098845df1486ed07533358eaa93d066.png

I have certainly used this option before and had my board fill up my youth coaches.

• Administrators

We've got the OP's issue under investigation now. Ruff, yours is a different issue if you could please open a new thread, we can then track it from there. :)