• Can't hire coaches for my B squad

dukebone
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

Not terrible sure where to post this, but as Nashville I am unable to hire coaches for my B squad club Huntsville. I know in the latest patch these affiliates were put in and I'm wondering if there is a problem with the code? I understand MLS does things way different than the rest of the world so is the MLS affiliate system playing havoc with the FM code for B squads?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hello @dukebone

We checked your save, if you go into a staff member and offer them a contract the roles from Huntsville are an option in the 'job' drop down of the contract offer and you can pick the Huntsville roles from there.

2 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

We checked your save, if you go into a staff member and offer them a contract the roles from Huntsville are an option in the 'job' drop down of the contract offer and you can pick the Huntsville roles from there.

That does seem to work. What I am noticing at the moment is that when looking for candidates to fill those roles, when I try to filer by interest in B squad only, which Huntsville should be classified as, the filter doesn't seem to understand that as the candidates I'm being show only want first team positions.

• SI Staff
    2 hours ago, dukebone said:

That does seem to work. What I am noticing at the moment is that when looking for candidates to fill those roles, when I try to filer by interest in B squad only, which Huntsville should be classified as, the filter doesn't seem to understand that as the candidates I'm being show only want first team positions.

Thanks for raising that, we'll look into that further. 

On 17/11/2023 at 10:34, Zachary Whyte said:

Thanks for raising that, we'll look into that further. 

Any update here? Or is this a case of me being dense (very likely).

Just wanted to follow up here. Started a new MLS save today to test this out and still can't find anyone who is willing to be a B team coach manually. I have checked the boxes that indicates the candidates should only be interested in the B squad vacancies and they do not, despite the filter believing they should.

I have found that very few staff will accept a B team job unless you offer them £300-£400/week more wage than they originally want to be an U18 coach.  At least for Belgium where my B team is in a non-playable league, the value of a role to any potential staff is far lower than the lesser squad.  It makes the B team squad an absolute deadzone for talent development.

2 hours ago, TtD said:

I have found that very few staff will accept a B team job unless you offer them £300-£400/week more wage than they originally want to be an U18 coach.  At least for Belgium where my B team is in a non-playable league, the value of a role to any potential staff is far lower than the lesser squad.  It makes the B team squad an absolute deadzone for talent development.

I can make it work with leagues that aren't MLS. This seems to be an MLS issue that I am talking about.

16 hours ago, TtD said:

Geez! It's bad enough in it's default broken state.  Hate to think what the MLS version must be like.

Foreign player slots seem to be wonky still too which is a death sentence for MLS

I have the same issue with New England Revolution. Though there are staff in the search filter who appear as B team options, every single coach expects a $2.0k/week salary and to be a first team coach. I've attempted to negotiate with more than 50 coaches and none will accept the salary that my board lets me offer a B team coach (700k/week after I requested a coach salary improvement). This makes it impossible to hire coaches for B team.

I've noticed that the game doesn't seem to be treating the B/II/affiliated teams as separate entities; for instance, if I try to delegate the hiring/firing of staff to someone else by clicking on the staff/player contracts options under Staff Responsibilities for Vancouver II, absolutely nothing will happen with the team in terms of signing new players and/or staff (In one save, the head coach of the II squad was fired by the Club President but he never made an offer for a replacement head coach the rest of the season despite also being in charge of the hiring process.)  However, if you choose to delegate those same responsibilities for the main team, the delegated person will begin filling vacancies for the II squad.  Obviously, this can create a huge problem when you simply want to add players to the II squad but the person in charge starts making offers for the main squad (this also applies to coaching staff.)

I wonder if this also ties into the fact that manually trying to hire staff for the II squad results in the interested party asking for wages that are more in-line with the first team, regardless of how (un)talented they are?  It's almost as if the game doesn't realize that there is a difference between the main club and the sub club and treats them almost as two versions of the main club...