• B Team staff functionality broken

Jamaicaman90
    • Public Status: Known Issue Screenshot: Save Game: Spain Sniff Files Uploaded: Save Game, Screenshot

The functionality of B Team staff is broken. It's a bug I've seen going back at least as far as FM22, and I to some extent 20.

When going to the staff overview screen, you are taken to a screen that should the number of staff you have and are allowed in each role, as well as providing options to request more staff, put out adverts, and request higher wages available for roles. At the bottom of the screen, you can find buttons that take you to the equivalent screens for other squads at your club (see screenshot Unionistas Staff).

For age group squads (in Spain, Under 19s), this works fine and takes you to a screen that functions identically. However, for B (and C) squads, it takes you to the Staff > All screen, rather than the Staff > Overview screen for that squad (see screenshot Unionistas B Staff).

Now, I am still able to access the overview screen for the B team by clicking Staff > Overview from this page. However, I am not able to use any of the functionality it offers in terms of requesting more staff, putting out adverts, and requesting higher wages available for roles, as the buttons are greyed out and unclickable (see screenshot Unionistas B Staff Overview Workaround). This is true for Unionistas in the screenshots and save attached, and it is also true for the A. Bilbo team I have added a second manager to in order to test if this is a general or club-specific issue - it affects all teams. It is also not impacted by any skins or graphics - I have tested both completely default as well as with various skins.

Furthermore, the game seems to randomly take away my ability to set staff responsiblities in all categories (e.g. Staff, Training, Tactics etc.) for other squads (see screenshot A. Bilbao Staff Responsibilities). I can reactiviate some of these in a very manual way - for example, I can go to the Development Centre and find a youth team player and manually change their training, and then through the popup take control of all individual training for that squad, also reactivating it in the responsibilities screen. However, at a random point further on, this will be taken away again and the game will issue responsibilities as it sees fit, including everything from staff contracts being renenwed (or not) to when and with what content reports on those teams include.

Unfortunately, these are far bigger than UI problems - they have a huge impact on gameplay. Player development is a huge part of the game, and as things stand I can't play with any club in a country with B teams (although I've only tested Spain so I don't know if the same applies in the Netherlands, Germany etc.), as I can't trust the game not to take control silently and take apart everything I've worked on, be it changing individual training, selling players I want to keep, messing with my staff setup etc.

While this may be something a player can ignore if they're just spending a couple of seasons in the Spanish First Division, any long term save idea in Spain is currently completely unplayable as your long term strategies are ignored and your player development plans are dismantled. This is the third game (going back to 20) where I've tried to start a save with Unionistas only to abandon it due to (the same) serious bugs.

Reports for bugs I've logged in previous games can be found below:

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hello, the issue with responsibilities vanishing/being blank is known and we're looking into it.

The issue with B team staff is also known and we're looking into but it is very complex as b-teams work differently country to country.

We appreciate the detailed information.

54 minutes ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, the issue with responsibilities vanishing/being blank is known and we're looking into it.

The issue with B team staff is also known and we're looking into but it is very complex as b-teams work differently country to country.

Thanks Zachary, appreciate the response.

On 15/11/2023 at 18:52, Zachary Whyte said:

Did this ever get addressed in FM24?  I have imported a Spanish FM23 save into it and the bug still exists... does it work the same way for new FM24 saves?