• First team players can't play in U19 matches that happen on the same day as first team matches

n3ziniuka5
    • Public Status: Info Provided Screenshot: Save Game: Laurynas Tretjakovas - Le Mans.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game, Screenshot

I've moved some of my more promising U19 players to the first team so that they can be mentored, and can be trained by better coaches. However, they are not registered for first team competition, and have been made available for U19 squad (screenshot 1, players prefixed with (Y) at the bottom).

I am notified about the U19 match one day before and the youth players correctly appear in the squad (screenshot 2).

However, none of the players are actually included when the match happens (screenshot 3). The player "(Y) Saïd Tadjidine" is the only one selected, but that's the player that is added directly to the U19 squad, as you can see he's not in the first screenshot.

When I take control of the youth team I cannot manually put those players in because it says that they have another match on the same day (screenshot 4).

The expected behavior is that if a player is not selected for the first team match, and have been made available for the U19 squad, they should play in that U19 squad.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I'm dealing with this exact same problem but on FM22 and I was reading about posts from 2020 about the exact same problem. I also have a problem with my 2nd team manager not playing some of the real players and opting to play the greyed out players instead. It's a 23 man squad with 2 players for each position but there's still greyed out players. Hopefully they fix these problems soon.

Hello I have the same problem. Did it fixed for you by any chance ? I can't find any solution or answer by the game staff and it really is an annoying problem.

• SI Staff

Hello, speaking with the match team this is by design.

If the 1st team game and youth game are taking place on the same day, than being available for selection for the 1st team will take precedence over playing in a youth game.

If the youth game is on a different day the players will play, you could also temporarily drop the players down to the U21 team but that will need to be done before the match day.

This is something we could potentially change but it might be a complicated change when factoring in game start time, player travel etc.