• Can't Request Youth Facility Upgrade

iplayfifa42
    • Public Status: Info Provided Screenshot: Save Game: College Europa.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game, Screenshot

Never had this issue before but no matter what I try I cannot seem to get my youth facilities to upgrade. As seen in the screenshots I can upgrade training facilities, increase youth budgets and junior coaching budgets however I just cannot seem to get the option to upgrade youth facilities, even after 3 years with plenty of money. I have excellent everything else but only basic youth facilities. This is doing lots of harm as without good youth facilities it is hard to get good homegrown players. 

All you have to do to reproduce this issue is to go in to board requests > facilities and there is no option to upgrade youth facilites.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I have got the option for youth facilities a few time, but it is much more rare that training facilities. Currently i am stuck at adequate youth facilities, while most of the others are maxed out.

I have the exact same problem. Currently managing Hibs in 2030 but have never had the option to request to increase youth facilities. Training facilities has been fine and when I have been given the option to increase they have been accepted. I have won the UCL and have good finances so the option not being available is likely a bug with FM24. Potentially linked to saves being started during the beta. 

Edited by kyzo1104

On 26/12/2023 at 16:18, kyzo1104 said:

Potentially linked to saves being started during the beta. 

Probably not. I didnt even own the game during the beta and i have this issue as well. 

• SI Staff

Hi, if you don't have the option to request an upgrade your youth facilities, it's simply because your club's board has no interest in doing so at the current time. (this can change of course) This is something we can look to make more clear in a future FM game.

8 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hi, if you don't have the option to request an upgrade your youth facilities, it's simply because your club's board has no interest in doing so at the current time. (this can change of course) This is something we can look to make more clear in a future FM game.

Shouldnt be that the case as well for other facilities, like training facilities, junior coaching and youth recruitment. It is weird to see them all updated, while only youth facilities suck.

I use a skin giving me numbers. All of the above are at 20, so really at the maximum. Youth facilities are at 8. This difference doesnt make much sense to me. Why does this problem only happens for youth facilities? Why doesnt not apply to others? 

I also have this exact same issue. It is with Basel and the save was started after Beta as well. I have over $200m in the bank and have maintained a very positive balance for 5 seasons. I assumed it was an issue with the board not wanting it to be done, but now that the facilities are downgrading as they go out of date it is incredibly frustrating. My board objectives and culture are "Maintain the best youth system in the country" and "Develop players using the club's youth system" so it doesn't make sense that my owner that loves the club doesn't want to support his own objectives.

On 30/12/2023 at 15:49, Zachary Whyte said:

if you don't have the option to request an upgrade your youth facilities, it's simply because your club's board has no interest in doing so at the current time. 

Don't think this is it chief, unless it has been changed for this year. We should at least be able to request the upgrade, and if the board is not interested in that then fine. But it has always been the case we are able to at least request an upgrade. 

If it is now by design its pretty backwards from a games development point of view as it restricts the players gameplay as the average player will just assume they've hit their limit for youth training facilities.

Definitely a larger problem going on at the moment with board requests which needs attention.

On 01/01/2024 at 19:47, kyzo1104 said:

But it has always been the case we are able to at least request an upgrade. 

This is indeed why i still think it is bugged. You should still be able to request it, but the board should deny your request with a specific reason.

I did some research in the mean time. It looks like it is very will tight toward reputation. When your reputation increases, you are able to ask again and they will accept. I was stuck at 8/20, but now i am at 10/20 and they are currently improving it again.

For some reason this is also only applied for youth facilities. All the other options arent tied to this. So i already have 20/20 for training facilities, for youth recruitment, ... For all fo these reputation doesnt apply and if you got the money, then the clubs just accept your demands.

On 01/01/2024 at 19:47, kyzo1104 said:

If it is now by design its pretty backwards from a games development point of view as it restricts the players gameplay as the average player will just assume they've hit their limit for youth training facilities.

Definitely a larger problem going on at the moment with board requests which needs attention.

I do agree. 

On 09/01/2024 at 04:03, MisterX said:

the mean time. It looks like it is very will

Still bugged. I am real madrid and have an objective for best youth facilities in the world.
    I have been with the club for 4 seasons, am the most reputable team in the world, won everything and have had no option to upgrade this entire time. It doesn't have the option and I just continue to fail the objective each season.