• Rangers and Celtic have B Teams and U21 Teams

steven180290
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

In my game both teams have a B team and an U21 team, B teams plays in lowland league and U21 team plays in the challenge cup. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

Can I just clarify what you're saying is the issue here?

This season, both halves of the Old Firm have B teams entered into the Lowland League on a one season deal in an effort to provide a boost to the footballing pyramid. :) 

Is it maybe to do with the complexity of registration across the different competitions? I think some players are eligible for the Challenge Cup games but not the B team Lowland League games. Players like Lee O'Connor, Kerr McInroy (before he went on loan) etc. can play in the Challenge cup but are too old for the B team. Think SI might have to have two different squads to replicate how the game lets some players play in one competition and some in the other. 

Yeah, the problem is that Celtic & Rangers can't have B Teams aswell as U21 teams in the Challenge Cup or SPFL Trust Trophy as its' known.

2021–22 Scottish Challenge Cup - Wikipedia

The above link advises of the criteria to be involved, although Celtic & Rangers B could technically win the Lowland League, they wouldn't be allowed to play in the tournament, just like they wouldn't be allowed to be involved in the Scottish Cup/League Cup etc.

On 07/11/2021 at 14:49, Kyle Brown said:

Thanks for clarifying that, I'll hand it back over to QA. :

Cheers, as time has gone on I've realised the issue.

The issue applies for the Scottish Cup Competitions;

The SPFL Trust Trophy & The Scottish Cup.

I am unsure of whether it happens in the Premier Sports Cup, not seen any evidence of it yet but it may well happen.

The problem occurs is that if Rangers B or Celtic B finish high enough the Lowland League they are automatically entered into these tournaments.

Just like they're not allowed to be promoted into League 2, they can't be entered in these competitions.

So in season 1 the issue doesn't occur but it tends to happen in the future.

On 02/12/2021 at 11:24, Logan1888 said:

Is there any update on this issue?

Seems like it's still under review....

Possibly waiting to fix in January Update of game, might not get a faster fix anytime in between such as a hotfix would be my guess...

Be good to hear what stage this issue is at though.