• Real Madrid registration problem (Wage too high)

meb9dk
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

I've been playing in the Danish Superliga for a year in game, and noticed that a lot of Real Madrid players were getting sold for cheap to other top clubs (Camavinga, Benzema, Militão, Valverde and put up Courtois, Kroos and others for sale etc.)

When looking at their squad it seems there's a problem with registering players, so I added a manager to manage the club and tried to register the correct players and found out that there's a wage cap of £475.000/week for the whole squad. 

Is this a part of the new ruling system in La Liga or is it a bug?

Hope you can help!

Skærmbillede 2021-11-25 kl. 15.37.03.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I got the Valencia job (playing with AI-generated players) early mid season and found I'd landed in a hot mess. I've got two senior players who aren't in the squad for salary cap reasons: the cap in my case is 850,000 -- £ or €, don't remember which. I reached the winter window, and they want to play or leave, which is fair enough. I can't even add an under-19 to the squad without going over the cap. 

I've been looking for answers about this, because I've never encountered it in the past. Is it something specific to La Liga? There's no mention in the competition rules. Is it a FFP sanction? That would be plausible, but again there's no mention of it anywhere.

Uploading files: limit is 9.77 mb; my saves are around 140 mb

13 minutes ago, du Garbandier said:

I got the Valencia job (playing with AI-generated players) early mid season and found I'd landed in a hot mess. I've got two senior players who aren't in the squad for salary cap reasons: the cap in my case is 850,000 -- £ or €, don't remember which. I reached the winter window, and they want to play or leave, which is fair enough. I can't even add an under-19 to the squad without going over the cap. 

I've been looking for answers about this, because I've never encountered it in the past. Is it something specific to La Liga? There's no mention in the competition rules. Is it a FFP sanction? That would be plausible, but again there's no mention of it anywhere.

Uploading files: limit is 9.77 mb; my saves are around 140 mb

There is no limit. SI need something to investigate.

Can I get an update on this? Is it addressed in the 22.2 update, and if so, is it one of those that would require starting a new career?

Just that I haven't played on since reporting the issue, and would like to know where things are.

Hello and thanks for the feedback.

I think it was since this season that Spain introduced a wage cap in order to combat spending levels - and it's been carefully implemented in-game. The Real Madrid example given by @meb9dk looks interesting enough to investigate, granted he still has the savegame - here's how it can be uploaded:

I reckon even it will have logical explanation (i.e., Real overspending and not taking it into consideration), but maybe worth getting such examples to see the AI behaviour.

As for @du Garbandier's example - apologies for getting so late back to you, but 1M wage cap seems good enough - I'm not fully aware of the whole details regarding the wage cap changes in Spain, but even in the latest real life events we had an example of it - Barcelona rushing to loan out Coutinho, so they can register Ferran Torres. 

Kind regards,

Vik 

It now seems to be a standard FM22 thing in Spain -- I just noticed a 2nd division side advertising for a manager, and since I was unemployed at the time I checked it out. After following the link to the club, look at the first team squad info, and it gives the budget figure there. 

How the figure is set, and suchlike information, isn't clear to me.