FM 2009 - AJ Auxerre - AJA

DirtyJoe

100px-AJ_Auxerre.svg.png

History

Founded in 1905, A.J.Auxerre are famous throughout Europe, their success at the highest level being unprecedented for a club from such a small town (under 40,000). With Nantes being relegated into Ligue 2 in 2007, Auxerre remain the only French team who have never been relegated.

Enjoying their greatest spell of success during the 1990's, L'A.J.A have a history they can be proud of, boasting a total of 21 competition wins, here are some of their highlights. A.J Auxerre won the French Top Division only once in 1996, won the French Cup 1994, 1996, 2003, and 2005 and finished runner's up on once occassion.

Past Players

Eric Cantona, Laurent Blanc, Philippe Mexes, Jean-Alain Boumsong and Djibril Cisse.

Auxerre Team

Goal Keepers

Olivier Sorin - First Choice Keeper

Remy Riou - A good understudy to Sorin, flick him a few games through out the first season, and he will push the next.

Denis Petric - A loan candiate.

Defenders

Gabriel Tamas - With out doudt your best Centre Half, but is out for loan with purchase clause -

Stephane Gritching - At 29 and slow will be your next best choice

Jean-Pascal Mignot - Is a solid partner with Gritching at the back

Adama Coulibaly - Merely a back up player for most teams, not good enough IMO - Look to sell him.

Full Back Positions are well covered with with solid players and the strongest part of your defence.

Serge Akakpo - Youth Product and is a good rotation player who develop.

Cedric Hengbart - First choice Right back, solid stats, but lacks overall pace (No Forward runs for him)

Amadou Sidibe - Great physical Stats, at 22 gives him chance to develop techincally.

Jeremy Berthod - Out injured for the first 3 months but will be important.

Midfield

Moussa Narry - DMC/MC at 22 is your greatest prospect here! He is a natural DMC with strong passing skills.

Benoit Pedretti - Probadly the one of the most recongized players for Auxerre, including their Captain.

Thomas Kahlenberg - Your most creative player, will no dodut partner Pedretti in the Midfield.

Kevin Lejeune - A promising Left Winger, who with game time will develop to a solid squad player.

Alian Traore - Anothe young Left winger, with speed and good crossing skills gives you depth on the Left.

Forwards

Daniel Niculae - A strong forward, but will struggle to be a consistent threat, dosnt have the quality.

Julien Quercia - At 21, he has pace, dribbling, off the ball and finishing skills to be a star of the future, Will lead the line.

Jelen and Dale are the next best, and really will not cut it. The best is they will cover your injuries.

The Verdict

GK - Sorin

DL - Sidibe

DR - Akakpo - I picked him ahead of the experienced Hengbart, to help assist his development for the following season.

DC - Gritching

DC - Mignot

ML - Kahlenberg - to good not have here.

MR - Jelen - Your only option.

MC - Pedretti

MC - Narry

FC - Niculae

FC - Querica

I have gone with a 442, even though I dont have any quality on the right side. The reason is clear, you will need a solid formation to avoid relegation, I dont have the quality to fight for a top 6, so I have to beat the teams who I am fighting relegation against?

Areas for Improvement

With $2M to spend and no room left in wages, I strongly recommend to off load players that are never going to figure beyond your first season and players who are just not worth the money. Keep your First Team squad small, and focus on staying up, use your First Class youth facilities and play the kids in the cup.

In order of priority -

Right Winger

Striker

Centre Back

a few loans to cover positions will help your depth.

Good Luck!

Transfer Window closed, I brought in 3 players only to fit the positions i was looking to strengthen, Right winger, Defender, and a Striker. Cygan is 34, which I signed for i year only. I am hoping to get Tamas back next season. Thereau is a solid striker who will rotate with Niculae up front, ans Santon right Back/Wing will give me good cover there.

Santon - 1.2M

Cygan - 50K

Thereau - 575K

A positive start to the season with 2 wins, 1 draw & a loss from 4 starts -

• 4 months later...

I had a 3 year game going at Auxerre recently. Couple of comments

-Acapandie absolutely needs first team games too develop.

-Delvin Ndinga turns into a great DM, Narry ended up Transfer Listed in Ligue 2

-Sell Olivier Sorin and play Remy Riou straight away, you'll gain the benefit of it in 6 months

Recommended Buys:

Nelson Rivas - 5 Star Center Back and an absolute rock in Ligue 1, transfer listed at beginning

Marvell Wynne - American Right Back with tremendous physical stats, got on a free in Jan.

Loic Nestor - Signed him for 2.5 m pounds in second season, sold for 7.5m after 6 months, too good.

Eduardo Costa - I think he starts at Internacional, transfer listed for 425 k, brilliant all around stats for a DM

And in general look for bargains at teams that get relegated. Rennes got relegated in my game and I was able to purchase Lucien Aubey for a cheap price.

Archived