FM09 : Official West Brom Thread: Boing Boing!

dexta200

150px-West_Bromwich_Albion_crest.png

Welcome to the West Bromich Albion thread a.k.a. The Baggies, Albion or WBA

West Bromwich Albion Football Club are an English professional football club based in West Bromwich, West Midlands. The club was formed in 1878 by workers from Salter's Spring Works in West Bromwich, and have played their home games at The Hawthorns since 1900.

Albion were one of the founding members of The Football League in 1888. The team have played in blue and white stripes for most of their history.

Last time they one a trophy was in 1968 which was the FA Cup, in recent years they have been a bit of a yo-yo club and won The Championship last season to return to the Premiership.

Only won the First Division in the 1919-20 season, so its about time they were back at the top!!

Club Information:

Manager: Tony Mowbray

Chairman: Jeremy Pearce

Affiliates:

Rivals: Wolves, Aston Villa, Birmingham.

Club Legends: Cyrille Regis, Bob Taylor, Tony Brown

Icons: Richard Sneekes

Finances: Secure

Media Prediction: 17th

Club Captain: Jonathan Greening

Club Vice-Captian: Paul Robinson

Finances

Avoid Relegation gets you £6.25m to spend with a wage budget of £320k

Stadium

West Brom play at The Hawthorns, a 26200 all-seater with Top Training Facilities and Good Youth Facilities and Academy. Possible expansion after first season.

First Team Squad

GK - Scott Carson, Dean Kiely

DR - Carl Hoefkens, Gianni Zuiverloon

DL - Paul Robinson, Marek Cech

DC - Abdoulaye Meite, Leon Barnett, Ryan Donk, Jonas Olsson

MR -James Morrison, Filipe Teixeira

ML - Chris Brunt, Robert Koren

MC - Jonathan Greening, Borja Valero, Kim Doo-Hyun

FC - Roman Bednar, Ishmael Miller, Luke Moore, Graeme Dorrans

Star players in Bold.

Good luck guys. Not played with them as of yet made this for my mate to use really. hopefully some of you are playing with them.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good opening post dexta

I am currently going through the chistmas period with West Brom and i am sitting 9th in the table

Players brought in:

Peter Masiela £240K DL

Terry Dixon £0 AMC

Juan Pablo Angel £0 ST

Celso Borges £425K AMC

Marko Babic £375K AML

Only one signing in the area which you really need to improve on, that being the strike force

Angel has only just joined up with the squad as i aquired him on a free transfer meaning he couldnt join until the 1st December. He has played two games, yet to score but has won me two penalty's

I have found that Ish Miller is the best striker you start with, the others have got a few for me but i tend to bring Koren into forward play alot of the time and he grabs a fair few, including some screamers from distance :)

So far a solid start to the season winning the games against the teams around me and getting a noticable 1-1 draw at Old Trafford.

No serious thrashings have been dealt out to me yet, then again neither have i done that to any team

On a side note i do like the transfer rumors section, makes me laugh when i see im being linked with the likes of Jermaine Defoe and Emile Heskey

Cheers mate :)

Yer i didnt want to spend to much at the start of the season, feeling that the squad you start with is capable of avoiding relegation. But then i wanted some left over for January just incase it all went wrong. Touch wood it doesnt look like it will so as you say next season when i have a bit of spare cash i can go get Defoe ;)

Erm, on Borges like you say his stats are good, but i have only played him 3 times this season. Once i am on a good run i try not to mess around with the squad to much and unfortunatey for him i havent played him to often. Im sure in the next couple of seasons he will become a regualr for me, because i have a lot of teams buzzing around my midfielders (Morrison, Brunt, Koren, Greening) Will i be able to resist the money!

Ah thats fair enough, I like to have a squad I don't change but it seems players get very tired and injured quite alot still, so a big squad is needed.

give him some cup games could turn out very good.

Personnally I would sell Greening and probably Koren if the money was above 3m. The other 2 I would hold out for a bit more though.

Just finished my first season with West Brom

Ended up Finishing 12th

Was 8th to 13th all season long so finishing 12th was a little dissapointing in the end after feeling i could have broke into the top half. But then again its much better than what i was expecting.

Form slipped away towards the end of the season, but 3rd game from the end i did beat Chelsea at the Hawthorns 2-0 :)

Biggest loss of the season came at the hands of Man Utd 5-1, they absolutley carved me apart, but i did have another chance to redeem myself, when i came up against the in the FA Cup Final.

I wasnt to suprised to get to the semis in all fairness. Had to beat Derby, Sheff Wed, Wolves, Villa and Chelsea to get their all games in which i dominated. Apart from the chelsea game which was even but i won 4-2 on penaltys :D

But as the full time whistle blew at my second Wembley appaerence of the season i had once again came causualty of a Sir Alex Ferguson masterclass. In the end they beat me 5-3, we didnt play badly and it was 2-2 at half time. Then after the break we gifted them two goals and we never really looked like posing to much of a threat.

All in all not a bad season, if i was being picky i would say we could of done better. But as i said before much better than what i was expecting

Yer i shall let you know but should have a bit of extra cash :)

And am i right in thinking, because Man Utd came 2nd in the league and have already qualified for europe, that means that i get into it via being the runners up of the FA Cup?

Just wondering cause i know this has happened in real life before, for example Millwall a few seasons back. But i tend to recall something about it not happening anymore

:s

Well after not playing the game at all yesterday, i have eventually managed to get on it tonight

Still looking for a striker, centre back and a centre midfeilder, all on a budgt of just under £12mil

Trying for Obafemi Martins and Ched Evans upfront

And then for centre back and centre mid, just some decent cheap cover, someone that can come in and do the job well if needed

Hmm for CB try Leandro Gioda, Mathias Jorgensen, Garry Bocaly, Daniel Carrico, Habib Bellaid, Marco Andreolli, Paolo Hernan Dellafiore.

for CM try Ismail Aissati, Theo Janssen, Adrien, Alberto Zapater.

for FC try - Oscar Trejo, Yannick Djalo, Antonio Floro-Flores, Daniele Vantaggiato.

Hope someone from that will help you.

I am halfway through my second season with the albion and things r going ok not the best game i have ever had with them but its ok. went through a bit of a barron spell at the eend of last season winning only 1 game in the last 8 amd after an awsome start including beating arsenal and man u in their own back yard! then being 8 points behind 4th i was getting excited!! but it was arsenal in the return game who put me to the sword scoring in the last minute beating me 3-2 and my boys never really recoverd and i slumped to 7 defeats in my last 8 games!!! the signings i made were Martin Palermo, Laurito acosta, Landon Donvan, Abou Trika, Henrik Larsson, Alexandre song (on loan), Geoffery Jourderen, Douglas Costa and Rafael Carioca all did ok but my scouts told me Acosta was to be better than morrison but he won worst signing of the season and Trika won runner up!

Things have gone a little better this season with some good signings and a mass exodous of the squad selling a vast majority of the "real life" playing squad which even tho it hurt when the transfer of Koren Johnno and "The Saviour" Valero i managed to get Salvador Cabanas (the guy is a personal FM Legend), Mauro Zarate, Edu, Andy Johnson and Fabian Delph. I managed an average start to this season but i some how havent managed to get past 14 and i dont think i will finish anywhere near the top 6 this year so again just building a squad who can one day take on the world!! im in february of my season now and a very inconsistant season but my january signings have raised my team up another level as i have managed to get in Ben foster on a free! Damian Duff, Marco Matterazzi, Javi Navarro, Gonzalo Barreto and a regen Aitor Aguero.

i have been playing Lateef Elford-Alliyu quite alot recently and he has been putting in some brilliant performances and as he is dubbed the "new Micheal Owen" it would be really interesting to see how he turns out on other games!! if he was this good i think he should be giving big TM a shout for the first team to solve out goalscoring issues!!

anyway keep it updated on how lateef gets on!!!

Keep the faith BOING BOING!

Good stuff,Did you know you can get more transfer funds,at start by telling Peace you can finish higher than expected ?

I finished 9th in my 1st season,but strangely managed a league Cup final win,I thought game was bugged as I beat Arsenal amd Chelsea on pens and beat Man City in the Final in last few mins.But I got knocked out of FA cup early by Everton in 5th round.

Bednar was very prolific for me,other stars was Meite and Donk,Zuiverloon was highest rating for me,until he got injured,so was forced to play Hoefkins,he then went on to become a fans favourite and finished as top rated player for me lol.

Also try and play Dorrins,every now and then,he scored goal of the Season with a 40 yarder.I played him up front as sub or when main strikers was injured,he was very good in 1st season and might play him more in 2nd Season.

Some players that might help your Squad,I will add more if I find any.

Artum Milevskyi FC (Very Good)

Andreas D'Allessandro AMC RLC

DaMarcus Beasley AM LC

Alexandr Kerzakhov ST (Can sign 1st Season)

Landon Donovan Am/FC (1st Season)

Phil Jagielka DC/DMC (Mainly Play in Midfield)

halfway through my first season (7th in Jan) with the almighty baggies

got enyeama 300k (you can get him for 60 k)

Ariza Makukula 275k

Daniel Aquino (class) 2.5m

Peter Masiela 375k

Barry Robson 2.7m

got a bit greedy and spent all my money but hey...its paid off!!!!

doing really well in the Prem probably selling Koren for 5m then going for fleck for 2m.

long term ill go for VDV from real madrid at the end of the season (apparently you can get him for 3m!!!??)

Well after a good first season and a good start to the second season, my game started to freeze on match screens quite often :( annoying as hell, but hey not the place to moan :)

Anyhows just started up a new game, wether i can repeat my brilliant first season on my last game is a challenege i am looking forward to though

Keep you all updated

Got 10 games of my first season left sitting in 17th 1pt clear of Bolton in 18th, problem this year is inconsistency. Thrashed Boro 4-0 and beat Villa 2-1 but had games where we would lose like 3-0 at Bolton and 1-1 with Stoke at home. My plan was always just to stay up first season and build in the 2nd season. Signed Kevin Doyle to partner Miller but wish I would of kept the £5mil he has been awful. On the other hand Demy Landzat (£1.2mil), Gravesen (Free), Larsson (Free), Donovan (Free) have all been great.

Best players have been Meite, Zuivy & Morrison. How has everyone found Valero? Been inconsistent for me. I believe if we can stay up next year we will push for top half as I got a new tactic in the making and think it will work well If I can get a Drogba style player, tried it with Miller as the Drog style player but not clicking 100%.

Sorry!!

DANIEL aquino...him and Alberto Paloschi up front.Both are very young but potential is unreal.

got aquino for 2.5 and offer milan 1m and Parma i think 1.7m for Paloschi so youl get him for around 2.7m.

needed goals so got paloschi in jan and hes scored 7 in 5 games and his stats are shooting up very fast indeed!

just sold robbo for 6m to newcastle!!! and teixeira to bordeaux for 5m!!

Penultimate game of the season at Old Trafford a win in either of our last 2 games would guarantee survival, and a Doyle brace has got me a 2-0 win. Kevin Doyle is really coming good now as I have made a new formation which utilises him as a TM and Ishmael using his pace to get in behind. Still want another striker next season, and a fantastic Midfielder.

Sorry!!

DANIEL aquino...him and Alberto Paloschi up front.Both are very young but potential is unreal.

got aquino for 2.5 and offer milan 1m and Parma i think 1.7m for Paloschi so youl get him for around 2.7m.

needed goals so got paloschi in jan and hes scored 7 in 5 games and his stats are shooting up very fast indeed!

just sold robbo for 6m to newcastle!!! and teixeira to bordeaux for 5m!!

Great sales mate!! and the two strikers will be amazing for you! Paloschi looks awesome!

Penultimate game of the season at Old Trafford a win in either of our last 2 games would guarantee survival, and a Doyle brace has got me a 2-0 win. Kevin Doyle is really coming good now as I have made a new formation which utilises him as a TM and Ishmael using his pace to get in behind. Still want another striker next season, and a fantastic Midfielder.

Good season mate! 15th aint bad! I see Doyle didn't do too well. Only 2 players with plus7 AvR lol not good, but then again your West Brom so I suppose thats understandable!

Have a look to see if Altidore is on the transfer list.

Well done dingle eater, gives you nice space to improve next season

West Ham going down should also gve you a good chance of getting some of there decent players, but i do snese that you will have to sell some of your dead wood to generate the funds

Garys87- I am not sure myself mate, i want to put my end of season 1 screenshots on, wheter someone would be able to help

On my previous season i finished 11th and got to the final of the FA Cup and still only got £8 mil transfer budget for a mid table finish, bearing in mind aswell that i spent just over £1mil on transfers in the 1st season

Seemed a bit unfair to me, but as you say a bit of wheeling and dealing will be in order

Just out of interest who went down in your game?

fulham,hull and stoke went down in my game.was hoping for a slightly better club to go down so i could steal some players but no luck there either..=(

sold valero to newcastle for 7.75m!!! a great piece of business as he was useless last season for me.

sold bednar for 5m to boro

sold morrison 6m to wigan

you could say i had a clearout!!!

got wijnaldum 2m

stefano celozzi 250k (when i thought I was going to sell zuiverloon for 20m....yes 20m!!!!) hes a wicked second left back.

Mirel radoi 4.5m

kenny otigba 1m

Modeste M'bami 3m

im rebuilding my squad to push for a top 6 finish.gotta hope the squad gels quickly though!!! Trying to save myself a season or two!

fulham,hull and stoke went down in my game.was hoping for a slightly better club to go down so i could steal some players but no luck there either..=(

sold valero to newcastle for 7.75m!!! a great piece of business as he was useless last season for me.

sold bednar for 5m to boro

sold morrison 6m to wigan

you could say i had a clearout!!!

got wijnaldum 2m

stefano celozzi 250k (when i thought I was going to sell zuiverloon for 20m....yes 20m!!!!) hes a wicked second left back.

Mirel radoi 4.5m

kenny otigba 1m

Modeste M'bami 3m

im rebuilding my squad to push for a top 6 finish.gotta hope the squad gels quickly though!!! Trying to save myself a season or two!

Some very good sales there mate! and good buys should put you in good stead for the league! good luck.

Guys how are you doing atm,played about a third of the 2nd season,managed to stay in top 4 so far,but I am joint 2nd in my group in Euro Champions Cup,so will be disappointed if I go out early in this,as I hope better players will join if I do well in Europe.

How is baggieboy doing Dexta ?

I just switched the game off in disgust lol.

Had so many draws,then I go and I beat Inter 3-0 away believe it or not,then I lost 4-1 to Chelsea at home,scraped a win against Boro and then lost 5-0 against Inter at home,can't get my head around the inconsistency,starting to get a little fed up :(

haha yer i started again, in my opinion i had the a miles better squad than the game thought i did! i just couldnt get the consistancy tht i needed to make any good progress and it was really frustrating me!! so i have started again and doing ok couple of dodgy results but in the main some decent performances and some vital wins! i set my start of season epectations to finish mid table. this is a first for me as i have in previous games gone with avoid relegation and the extra bit of cash mr peace gave me has gelped me massively i managed to sign pavel pogrenbynak from zenit for 7.5 over 24 months, celso borges from samprissa (100k), Fabricio Fuentes from villerreal (450k) Alexandre Song from Arsenal and a rengen from bolton.

Pavel has been the missing link the Albion have been missing up front and we could prob do with him up top at the minute in real life! Borges has walked straight into the first team kicking out the likes of koren and Valero! so hopefully a massive player for the future!! Chris Brunt has been awsome for me so just wondering if he has been any good for any1 else??

hows your game comming along AlbionDiaz?? hows your squad looking?? u been bringing lateef through much at all ???

This is my squad at the start of Season 2. After 2 league games both away we got 2 wins and are sitting top. The squad is alot stronger this season now. Apart from Zuivy was unhappy so shipped him of to City for £10mil and got Nicky Hunt in for £6mil to replace him. Chris Brunt is unhappy like Zuivy but he wont be going unless I can get a reasonable offer, I would rather have happy players, Olsson got unsettled too but managed to give him a new contract

BaggiesSquadSeason2.jpg

These are my Transfers Ins and Outs for Season 2.

BaggiesTransferSeason2.jpg

AlbionDaz - Stick it out mate, it will come together sooner or later, tweak the tactics.

baggieboy - I have spoke to you anyways so won't bother replying on this lol.

dingle - Great signings mate, spent alot of money though hope it pays off. great buy with altidore and ashton, should both fire them in! also Noble and Lasbury should do well. 6.25m for Nicky Hunt not sure about that one, but suppose you needed a new Zuiverloon.

Good luck guys.

I'm currently in a clan as W Brom, 1st season, and in Jan and I'm 13th. Starting to go off form. So need a striker, and a defender, a defender being the priority though. I've only got just over 3m to spend though... So anyone suggest any players? Loan or transfer?

TBH mate Im thrilled with the Hunt signing I thought IRL a few seasons back he was a great RB and on FM 09 he had a good season 1 and hes got good stats in areas I wanted from him Tackling 18, Heading 16, Passing 15, Bravery 16, Aggression 16, Stamina 17, Strength 15, Positioning 15, he got a 7.0 on his debut so it was steady and I think he will do a good job but I can see why you might think its not a great signing. I might of spent a lot of money but I bought in another £1million.

Archived