Picture sizes for FM09

rille56

• SI Staff

Picture sizes are unchanged. The kits are done as 3D textures now although I believe the old style 2D stuff is still in there and can be reactivated if you prefer that style via a few simple XML changes

• SI Staff
Hi Ter, Mark Hill here...... are the standard logos remaining the same this year as well?

Yep

Are the 3D textures customizable, or we will have just the default one's.

I'm not sure what you will be able to do with it at this stage apart from you being able to add your own 3D textures and assign them to teams much in the same way we have done in the past for 2D kits.

It would be great if you were able to, for example, customise the mesh and UV's to make your own style of shirts but I'm not sure if that will be possible.

We'll try and help out people customising their game once we have released

• SI Staff

Actually, now that I think of it, the small logos have slightly changed. Those are now sized 25x18.

Should be easy to do a batch script to update these for those who want to use their existing ones.

• SI Staff
So if I download a facepack for FM08, will it work for FM09? Will all the players be at the right teams, etc?

The pictures are assigned to players so as long as the picture is linked up correctly it will appear on the profile of that player in the game regardless of what team he may be at.

• SI Staff
I don't think the resize code is used with the small logos.

That is correct, it takes too long to resize all of the small logos and slows the game down when navigating to screens where they are displayed

Archived