FM10: Official River Plate Thread- Home of Los Millionarios

ArranoBeltza

River_Plate_logo.png

Background

Club Atlético River Plate, known also as River Plate or simply River, is an Argentine sports club best known for its football team, established in 1901. The club is based in the Buenos Aires neighborhood of Núñez, and play at the Estadio Monumental Antonio Vespucio Liberti. River is the 9th football club in the All-Time Club World Ranking and the 1st in America, according to the International Federation of Football History and Statistics (IFFHS). The club is currently ranked 136th in the world and in the past it has been ranked as the best football club in the world six times in the monthly IFFHS club world ranking, the last time being in October 1998. River Plate is also the originary club of legendary soccer players such as golden ball winners Alfredo Di Stefano and Omar Sivori, who later became famous in Real Madrid and Juventus FC respectively, and legendary goalkeeper Amadeo Carrizo, who was awarded by the FIFA as the best goalkeeper of all time of America continent.

River has always been one of the most important teams of South America. They have combined to win 38 official tournaments which includes 33 Argentine League titles, 2 Copa Libertadores (1986, 1996), a Supercopa (1997) and an Intercontinental title (1986). In 1986 River Plate fans had the distinction of watching River win the league title, Copa Libertadores, Interamerican Cup, Intercontinental Cup, as well as Argentina's triumph in the 1986 FIFA World Cup with Hector Enrique, Nery Pumpido, Oscar Ruggeri.

Team Info:

Finances: Okay

Estimated Value: $41Mil

Media Prediction: 2nd

Stadium: Antonio Vespucio Liberti (Capacity- 65,645)

Training/Youth Facilities: Top Training Facilities/State-of-the-Art Youth Facilities

Transfer Budget: $2mil

Available Wage Budget: -$631

Squad Analysis

Goalkeepers

Nicolas Navarro

Daniel Vega

Leandro Chichizola

Analysis: This is a decent area of the team, and one that doesn't necessarily need immediate improvement. Vega or Navarro should be first-choice and Chichizola is young, but doesn't look like he'll amount to much so it wouldn't be bad to sell him. Since Chichizola is on loan, it may be good so sign him permanently if he performs. However, I would advise letting him go and bringing in a stronger number one.

Defenders

Gustavo Cabral

Facundo Quiroga

Nicolas Sanchez

Maximiliano Coronel

Javier Cohene

Analysis: River have a solid group of central defenders and there should be no need to bring anybody in. Cabral and Quiroga should be first-choice, with Sanchez and Coronel as backups. Both Sanchez and Coronel are young and have enough potential to keep around. I'd keep Cohene around for the sake of depth, but it shouldn't hurt to let him go. Quiroga can also play right-back if need be, but he's a natural central defender.

Full-Backs

Cristian Villagra (LB primary, RB secondary)

Paulo Ferrari

Rodrigo Archubi

Analysis: Ferrari is very good at right-back, Archubi is a good enough backup, and Quiroga and Villagra can both play there if needed, so this position is covered. On the left side, the only natural LB is Villagra and he's decent. You should look to bring in at least a backup for Villagra.

Midfielders

Matias Almeyda (primarily DM)

Oscar Ahumada (primarily DM)

Nicolas Domingo (primarily DM)

Miguel Paniagua (primarily DM, on loan from Guarani)

Diego Barrado (primarily RM)

Martin Galmarini (RM)

Matias Abeliaras (primarily CM)

Analysis: Very good in the DM area. Because of the formation I use for River, Barrado, Galmarini, and Abeliaras are surplus and can be sold for extra funds. Almeyda is aging and could be kept around for a year, but also sold.

Forwards

Ariel Ortega (primarily AMC)

Mauro Rosales (primarily AMR)

Diego Buonanotte (primarily AMC)

Marcelo Gallardo (AMC)

Analysis: Given the system I like to play, this area could use improvement. Use transfer funds from other areas to invest in a left-winger (although Buonanotte can be re-trained here, but I don't advise it given Gallardo's advancing years) and backups for starters in the other areas.

Strikers

Cristian Fabbiani (on loan from CFR Cluj

Andres Rios

Analysis:Fabbiani is on loan. Not a bad idea to sign him, but he is a bit expensive given the budget. An area that could use one or two more players.

Overall Analysis

Even without transfers, this is definitely a solid team. The only area that I would say is essential is the striker position, but I'd still make improvements here and there.

Recommended Formation- 4-2-3-1: (This is a recommended formation using only the already available squad)

GK: Navarro

DR: Ferrari

DC: Cabral

DC: Quiroga

DL: Villagra

DMC: Ahumada

DMC: Domingo

AMR: Rosales

AMC: Gallardo

AML: Buonanotte

ST: Fabbiani

U-20 team

Three players to note here- Daniel Villalva (ST), Mauro Diaz (AMC), and Erik Lamela (AMC). Villalva can definitely be a star, the other two aren't quite as good but still worth keeping an eye on.

Transfers

Not needed: Barrado, Galmarini, Abeliaras, Chichizola

Look for: An extra striker or two, a true left-winger, and a left-back

Archived