FM10: Official 1860 Munich Thread

yCymro

Welcome to the TSV 1860 München Thread for Football Manager 2010

logo1860.gif

Club Information:

Team Name: Turn- und Sportverein München von 1860 (TSV 1860 München)

Nicknames: Die Löwen (The Lions), Die Sechz'ger ("Sixties" in Bavarian)

Founded: 17 May 1860

Chairman: Rainer Beeck

Current Manager: Ewald Lienen

Current Club Captain: Benjamin Lauth

1860_home.png1860_away.png

League: German Second Division / 2nd Bundesliga

Media Prediction: 10th place

Fierce Rivals: FC Bayern and FC Augsburg

Other Rivals: SpVgg Unterhaching and FC Ingolstadt 04

Icons: None

Finances:

Estimated Value: £19.25m

Debt: £12.5m

Balance: £2.7m

Transfer Budget: £0

Wage Budget: £145k p/w

Facilities:

allianz.jpg

Stadium Name: Allianz Arena

Stadium Capacity: 69,901

Corporate Facilities: Good

Training Facilities: Good

Youth Facilities: Excellent

Youth Academy: Yes

Club History:

TSV 1860 München, commonly known as 1860 Munich is a German sports club based in Munich, Bavaria. The club's football team plays in the Second Bundesliga, after relegation from the Bundesliga following the 2003–04 season. The club was one of the founding members of the Bundesliga in 1963 and has played a total of 20 seasons in the top flight.

The roots of the TSV's founding as a physical fitness and gymnastics association go back to a meeting held 15 July 1848 in a local pub, Buttleschen Brauerei zum Bayerischen Löwen. Banned in 1849 by the Bavarian monarchy for "republican activities", the club was formally reestablished on 17 May 1860 and after mergers with a number of other local associations in 1862 was known as Turnverein München. A football department was created on 6 March 1899 and played its first matches against other squads three years later.

The club's exile from the Bundesliga would last a dozen years. They were promoted to the top flight in 1994, but found themselves in immediate danger being sent back down again. However, president Karl-Heinz Wildmoser and manager Werner Lorant made several shrewd purchases including striker Olaf Bodden, winger Harald Cerny, playmaker Peter Nowak, and defensive stoppers Miroslav Stević, Jens Jeremies and Manfred Schwabl. Stars like Abedi Pele, Thomas Häßler and Davor Šuker played for 1860 as their careers were winding down, becoming crowd favourites and making important contributions.

Under the heavy-handed, dictatorial leadership of Wildmoser and Lorant, the combination of proven veterans and young talent helped the club avoid relegation and become a decent mid-table side. 1860 earned a fourth place Bundesliga finish in 2000 and were entered into the Champions League 3rd qualifying round where they faced Leeds United, however a 3-1 aggregate defeat saw them play in the UEFA Cup that season, advancing to the third round where they were put out by AC Parma. However, the club was unable to build on this success and after some mediocre performances by the team, manager Lorant was fired.

After a decade in the top division, 1860 spectacularly burnt out in the 2003–04 season with a 17th place finish that returned the club to the 2. Bundesliga. Wildmoser made the extremely controversial decision to co-habitate with hated rivals Bayern Munich in the Allianz Arena, a move that outraged fans and led to accusations of a sell-out. His downfall came when he and his son Karl-Heinz Wildmoser Jr. were caught in a bribery scandal around the awarding procedure for the contract to build the stadium.

In addition to flirting with relegation to the Regionalliga Süd (III) in the 2005–06 season, 1860 experienced severe financial difficulties. Stadium partner Bayern Munich bought out TSV's 50% interest in the Allianz Arena in late April 2006 for €11 million, providing the club some immediate financial relief. Following this move, the DFB (Deutscher Fussball Bund or German Football Association) was satisfied with the financial health of the club and duly issued 1860 a licence to play in the 2. Bundesliga for the 2006-07 season. [1]

TSV hired several new managers during its 2. Bundesliga period. The first was Rudi Bommer, followed by Reiner Maurer, Walter Schachner, Marco Kurz and Uwe Wolf. Also, former German national squad player Stefan Reuter as a general manager. However, neither of the new managers could lead the squad back to the 1. Bundesliga. 1860's current team is due to the financial situation very young and consists of many talents from its own football school. Since May 13. 2009 the coach is Ewald Lienen.

Team Analysis:

* Note: Key Players Profiles Linked On Names

GK Gábor Király

GK Philipp Tschauner

GK Michael Hofmann

Analysis: Good strength in depth however Hofman and Tschauner are not really players you can rely upon if Kiraly gets injured. Would recommend signing another goalkeeper to push Kiraly for a spot as number one.

Key Player: Gábor Király

Key Prospect: Björn Bussmann

DF Antonio Rukavina

DF Torben Hoffmann

DF Radhouène Felhi (on loan from Étoile Sportive du Sahel)

DF Mathieu Béda

DF Florian Jungwirth

DF Mate Ghvinianidze

DF Benjamin Schwarz

DF Matthias Wittek

Analysis: Although Rukavina and Felhi are strong the rest of the defence are weak and its therefore crucial for you to improve this area quickly. The left hand side is very weak and is pretty much the first point of call you need to address when you take over 1860 Munich. There is much deadwood here so best sell any weak players to provide much needed cash and wage budget space.

Key Player: Antonio Rukavina and Radhouène Felhi

Key Prospect: None

MF Daniel Bierofka

MF Aleksandar Ignjovski (on loan from OFK Beograd)

MF Marcos Antonio

MF Sascha Rösler

MF José Holebas

MF Stefan Aigner

MF Alexander Ludwig

MF Tarik Çamdal

MF Sandro Kaiser

MF Florin Lovin

MF David Manga

MF Ardijan Djokaj

MF Emanuel Biancucchi

MF Dominik Stahl

Analysis: Midfield is also an area that needs addressing. Bierofka is the strongest link but is injured for the first 4 months of the season so midfield needs to be addressed sooner rather than later. A strong central midfielder with a bit of experience is needed as the squad is fairly young.

Key Player: Daniel Bierofka

Key Prospect: Aleksandar Ignjovski

FW Benjamin Lauth (captain)

FW Antonio Di Salvo

FW Charilaos Pappas

FW Peniel Kokou Mlapa

FW Manuel Schäffler

FW Mathias Fetsch

FW Kushtrim Lushtaku

FW Kenny Cooper

FW Marvin Pourie (on loan from FC Schalke 04)

Analysis: 1860 has much strength in depth in the forwards department. Lauth and Cooper and the main goalscorers and Di Salvo is no mug but if one gets injured dont hold out on the rest to provide goals so a possible signing could be made here.

Key Player: Benjamin Lauth and Kenny Cooper

Key Prospect: Peniel Kokou Mlapa

Transfer Targets:

*Not due to lack of cash all transfer listed below are Free Agents at the beginning of the game

GK:

Jürgen Macho

DF:

Mortiz Volz

Ifeanyi Udeze

Iliasu Shilla

Abubakari Yakubu

Rémo Meyer

Vratislav Gresko

MF:

Dietmar Hamman

Hamed Namouchi

Nicolae Mitea

Camel Meriem

FW:

Ebi Smolarek

Conclusion:

Hopefully I have convinced you to start a new game with 1860 Munich in FM10 and if your looking for a challenge to take a club with little transfer funds, but big potential back to the Bundesliga, then 1860 Munich are the team for you. Remember they play in super modern stadium with good training facilities and produce good youth through their youth system and have the biggest rivals in FC Bayern. So if you want to prove that there are more than one team in Munich then 1860 Munich is definitely worth it.

In addition to flirting with relegation to the Regionalliga Süd (III) in the 2005–06 season, 1860 experienced severe financial difficulties. Stadium partner Bayern Munich bought out TSV's 50% interest in the Allianz Arena in late April 2006 for €11 million, providing the club some immediate financial relief. Following this move, the DFB (Deutscher Fussball Bund or German Football Association) was satisfied with the financial health of the club and duly issued 1860 a licence to play in the 2. Bundesliga for the 2006-07 season. Taken from Wikipedia

• 5 months later...

Damn, 10 minutes away from championsleague qualifier in the first season i played Bundesliga.

Got promoted in the first season as second behind Bielefeld. After a bit of a rocky start and a tactics change I had an amazing season (with 3 wins against Bayern :)). One win, even two draws, out of the last two matches would have been enough for place 3, but I screwed up and ended up on five. Still awesome and the Euro League is propably better for my team for now, but still a bit of an upset to lose the spot.

But at least I already won my first title. 2-1 victory over Stuttgart secured me the german cup.

Had luck finding a bunch of great regens in this season so my team is pretty young and if I can keep them together I see great things in the future :) Only problem I have so far is the lack of german players in my squad.

Archived