Bolt v1.3

*Disclaimer: In this tactic, certain settings were used from Heathxxx and Genetic Deviant. I have gained approval from them to post the tweak tactic

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Introduction

==========

Hie There! My aim of posting this tactic is to help those who are having trouble winning titles with Liverpool and also try to reel in help for certain positions which my tactic seems to lack of.

Quick Overview of this Tactic

======================

- Dominate possession

- Short passing style with slow build up tempo

- Wide playing style - look to involve wingers as much as possible

- Largest pitch size

- Formation - 4-2-2-2 (some would say 4-2-4 or 4-4-2)

formation.png

Strong Points in this Tactic

====================

Currently Im only satisfied with the DR/DL settings as they provide support to my wingers and also the corner set pieces which saw Chiellini becoming the top scorer in the club for two seasons straight.

topscorer.png

Bolt's Tactic History

================

-Bolt v1.7: http://www.filefront.com/14002445/Bolt%20v1.7.tac

-Bolt v1.7 WIP *Newly uploaded: http://www.filefront.com/14002477/Bolt%20v1.7%20W.I.P.tac

-Bolt v1.8: http://www.filefront.com/14002415/Bolt%20v1.8.tac

Bolt's Tactic Changelist

==================

---------

Bolt v1.3

---------

Current Problems

~~~~~~~~~~~

- Concede goals either from long range shots or players losing their markers

- Players aint tackling them in danger areas resulting in giving opposition long shots

- Wingers and strikers dont link up well enough

- Wingers doesn't supply ball into the six yard box but would love to dribble in to the penalty box and have a try resulting in them losing the ball very often

- Poor ratings from strikers

- Strikers don't score often

Area of Improvements Needed

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Set Pieces for free kicks and throw-ins (Seldom get goals from free kicks)

- Trying to emulate a deep-playing style for MCd. Hoping to gain the aspect of a deep-lying player like how Essien is doing for Chelsea now

- Dominate possession

- Right passing style and tempo

Strong Points

~~~~~~~~~

- Fullbacks playing in supporting roles

- Corner Set Pieces

---------

Bolt v1.7

---------

Current Problems

~~~~~~~~~~~

- Still conceding goals from long shot but lesser then the previous version

- Defenders always aim for the opposition player with the ball and leaving another player unmark resulting in them most likely to score

- Poor ratings from strikers

Promising aspects from last Tactic version

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Wingers start to play their part in the attacking roles

- Strikers seems to start to score

*Note: As Im still testing out this tactic, Im still early to give comments that Wingers and Strikers seems to work now.

- Set Pieces from free-kicks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Set Pieces for throw-ins (would lose possession near opposition corner line)

- Trying to emulate a deep-playing style for MCd. Hoping to gain the aspect of a deep-lying player like how Essien is doing for Chelsea now

Strong Points

~~~~~~~~~

- Corner Set Pieces

- Dominate Possession

---------

Bolt v1.8

---------

Current Problems

~~~~~~~~~~~

- Defenders always aim for the opposition player with the ball and leaving another player unmark resulting in them most likely to score

Promising aspects from last Tactic version

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Wingers start to play their part in the attacking roles

- Strikers seems to start to score

- Goals concede almost none

*Note: As Im still testing out this tactic, Im still early to give comments that Wingers and Strikers seems to work now.

- Set Pieces from free-kicks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Set Pieces for throw-ins (would lose possession near opposition corner line)

Strong Points

~~~~~~~~~

- Corner Set Pieces

- Dominate Possession

Extra: I practically tweaked abit of the mentality from the previous tactic. Please note that I tick Targetman and Playmaker. Playmaker is the MCa and Targetman I used in this order: Deep Striker (Left), Winger (Better one), Winger, Advanced Striker.

----------

My Game

----------

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Part 1 - Deciding the team

Part 2 - Squad in and out

Part 3 - Achievements

Part 4 - How I achieve it?

Part 5 - Season Two Results

Part 6 - Full First Team Squad List (Up-to-date)

Part 7 - Season Three - Match by Match Analysis

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Part 1 - Deciding the Team (IRL vs In-Game Stats)

=======================================

Defensive Line

~~~~~~~~~

- IRL

Liverpool starting back-four is sufficient for them to get titles. With commanding centre-back Jamie Carragher playing a major role in it, emulating a shot-stopper. Along with Daniel Agger or Martin Skrtel this liverpool team defence is unbreakable. This season Rafa played his fullbacks as a supporting role with Arbeloa and Aurelio gaining license to move up when the team has the ball.

-In-Game

Liverpool starting back-four is abit shaky. Why I say so? I love to play my defensive line to be push-up. Agger, Skrtel and Carragher doesnt have the quality of pace and acceleration to chase after long balls. I would then lose out quite often if opposition has fast pacey strikers like Walcott or Rooney. As for fullbacks, I have the same sentiments as Rafa. Playing them in supporting roles giving them the license to move up and also start of and attack. Both Arbeloa and Aurelio doesnt have the quality of attacking stats and it would tire them out fast too if I will to play them in supportings roles.

Rating: 3 out of 10

Midfield

~~~~~

- IRL

Alonso, Mascherano, Gerrard 3 Musketeers of Liverpool. Having Alonso as a deep-lying player, Mascherano as the "Tackler". This leaves with Gerrard having the license to attack and taking defence off his shoulders.

-In-Game

I do not have any complains for the midfielders as the quality is there and their abilities are reflected in their stats. I have Xabi Alonso who can pass well and Mascherano who can tackle well. Leaving Gerrard to go all out and attack.

Rating: 7 out of 10

Wingers

~~~~~

- IRL

Albert Reira, Ryan Babel, Yossi Benayoun and Dirk Kyut. They are good players with Albert Reira the best left winger by far for Liverpool producing well-timed crosses and terrorising the left side of the park. Ryan Babel has made an impact substitute for Liverpool seeing him coming off the bench to score a winner for Liverpool against Man Utd at Anfield. Dirk Kyut seems to be that tireless player running the midfield. Yossi Benayoun gaining his good form recently after the 1-0 triumph at Santiago Bernabeu.

- In-Game

The wingers abilities IRL does not reflect well in their stats except for Ryan Babel who has the potential to become a better winger than any of them.

Strikers

~~~~~

- IRL

Liverpool are only surviving of Torres as their main striker this season having sold away Robbie Keane which has been the largest flop I would say in the summer transfer. He has been outstanding scoring lots of goals after his return from hamstring injury.

- In-Game

One striker up alone isnt enough to break the line against the D-Line. Most of all I prefer to play 2 strikers up front rather then one.

Rating: 1 out 10

Part 2 - Squad in and out (Rank According to Date Joined and Date Left)

=======================================================

Season 1

----------

Out

~~~

-Summer Transfer

Sami Hypia 2m to Fulham

Daniel Agger 30m to Man City

Ronald Huth 300k to Benevento

Yossi Benayoun 15m to Man City

-January Transfer

Aurelio 11.25m to Man City

Dirk Kyut 20m to Aston Villa

Albert Reira 20m Man City

Javier Mascherano 35m to Chelsea

Alvaro Arbeloa 15m to Napoli

In (Start Transfer Kitty: 19.25m)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Summer Transfer

Davide Santon £0 upfront 24 months 1.2m

Gokhan Inler £0 upfront 24 months 20m

Mamadou Sakho £0 upfront 24 months 15m

Vagner Love £0 upfront 24 months 24m

Yury Zhirkov £0 upfront 24 months 21m

Giorgio Chiellini £0 upfront 24 months 22m

Mario Balotelli £0 upfront 24 months 21m

-January Transfer

Sofiane Feghouli £0 upfront 24 months 4.7m

Juan Manuel Mata 75m (cant rmb the pay format)

Cristian Zapata £0 upfront 24 months 17.5m

Miguel Veloso £0 upfront 24 months 20m

Ignacio Camacho £0 upfront 24 months 16.75m

Marcelo £0 upfront 24 months 44m

Season 2

----------

Out

~~~

- Summer Transfer

Craig Linfield free to Dag & Red

Jay Spearing free to Walsall

Jack Hobbs free to Scunthrope

Steve Irwin free to Bohemians

Miki Roque free

Jermain Pennant free

Jordy Brouwer 750k to Bristol City

Raymond Putterill free to Dag & Red

Martin Hansen free to Bury

Godwin Antwi free to Exeter

Sebestian Leto 7.5m to Middlesbrough

Francisco Duran free to Barcelona "B"

Martin Skrtel 17m to Sunderland

Diego Cavalieri 7.5m to PSV

Lucas 15m to Aston Villa

In (Start Transfer Kitty: 149m)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Summer Transfer

Andre Ayew £0 upfront 24 months 8m

Bojan 85m (cant rmb the pay format)

Sergio Asenjo £0 upfront 24 months 15m

Sergio Ramos 155m (cant rmb the pay format)

-January Transfer

Giuseppe Rossi £0 upfront 24 months 21.5m

Nacer Barazite £0 upfront 24 months 27m

Season 3

----------

Out

~~~

-Summer Transfer

Andriy Voronin 3.5m to Leverkusen

In (Start Transfer Kitty: 114m)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Summer Transfer

David Silva 116m (cant rmb the pay format)

Cesar Azpilicueta £0 upfront 24 months 22m

Eduardo Salvio £0 upfront 24 months 8m

Cristiano Ronaldo 140m (cant rmb the pay format)

Part 3 - Achievements

===================

A picture speaks a thousand words

achievements.png

Part 4 - How I achieve it?

=====================

For the 1st Season I basically used Heathxxx Tactic with his OI.

For 2nd Season I start to mix and match to develop Bolt.

Currently into 3rd Season

Part 5 - Part 5 - Season Two Results

=============================

In total I played 68 matches that season excluding friendlies. The Tallies are 63 Wins 4 Draw 1 Lost. In this season, Liverpool and Man Utd are like husband and wife never fail to seperate from each other almost meeting each other in every competitions.

results1.png

results2.png

results3.png

results4.png

Part 6 - Full First Team Squad List (Up-to-date)

======================================

Goalkeepers

------------

25. José Manuel Reina

1. Sergio Asenjo

Central Backs

--------------

3. Giorgio Chiellini

5. Mamadou Sakho

24. Cristián Zapata

23. Jamie Carragher

Fullbacks (L)

-------------

18. Marcelo

22. Emiliano Insúa

Fullbacks ®

-------------

4. Sergio Ramos

6. César Azpilicueta

Midfield (Defending)

--------------------

20. Ignacio Camacho

21. Miguel Veloso

14. Xabi Alonso

Midfield (Attacking)

-------------------

8. Steven Gerrard

29. Nacer Barazite

31. Sofiane Feghouli

16. Gökhan Inler

Winger (Left)

--------------

7. David Silva

11. Juan Manuel Mata

15. Yury Zhirkov

19. Ryan Babel

Winger (Right)

---------------

33. Cristiano Ronaldo

2. Eduardo Salvio

13. Mario Balotelli

4. Sergio Ramos

26. André Ayew

Deep Striker

-------------

28. Giuseppe Rossi

10. Vagner Love

13. Mario Balotelli

Fast Striker

------------

9. Fernando Torres

17. Bojan

Part 7 - Season Three - Match by Match Analysis

======================================

Match 1: Man Utd (N) Community Shield 4-0

Tactic: Bolt v1.3

Starting Line-up: José Manuel Reina (GK), Cristián Zapata (LDC), Mamadou Sakho (RDC), César Azpilicueta (DR), Marcelo (DL), Ignacio Camacho © (MCd), Steven Gerrard (MCa), Sergio Ramos (AMR), Juan Manuel Mata (AML), Giuseppe Rossi (DS), Bojan (FS)

Substitutes: Sergio Ramos off Mario Balotelli on (54), Steven Gerrard off Nacer Barazite on (54), Giuseppe Rossi off Vagner Love on (74)

Injury: None

Man of the Match: Giuseppe Rossi

Yellow Cards: 2 (Mamadou Sakho & César Azpilicueta)

Scorers: Juan Manuel Mata (14), Giuseppe Rossi (19, 45+1), Mario Balotelli (73)

Comments: None

Match 2: Middlesbrough (A) Premier Division 0-3

Tactic: Bolt v1.3

Starting Line-up: José Manuel Reina (GK), Cristián Zapata (LDC), Mamadou Sakho (RDC), César Azpilicueta (DR), Marcelo (DL), Ignacio Camacho © (MCd), Steven Gerrard (MCa), Juan Manuel Mata (AMR), David Silva (AML), Giuseppe Rossi (DS), Bojan (FS)

Substitutes: Bojan off Mario Balotelli on (57), Steven Gerrard off Sofiane Feghouli on (77)

Man of the Match: Mamadou Sakho

Yellow Cards: None

Scorers: Giuseppe Rossi (11), Juan Manuel Mata (46), Mamadou Sakho (77)

Comments: None

Match 3: Everton (A) Premier Division 2-3

Tactic: Bolt v1.7

Starting Line-up: José Manuel Reina (GK), Cristián Zapata (LDC), Mamadou Sakho (RDC), Sergio Ramos (DR), Marcelo (DL), Ignacio Camacho © (MCd), Steven Gerrard (MCa), Juan Manuel Mata (AMR), David Silva (AML), Mario Balotelli (DS), Fernando Torres(FS)

Substitutes: Juan Manuel Mata off Eduardo Salvio on (72), Mamadou Sakho off César Azpilicueta on (75), Fernando Torres off Bojan on (82)

Injury: David Silva (90+2)

Man of the Match: Steven Gerrard

Yellow Cards: 2 (Ignacio Camacho & Mamadou Sakho)

Scorers: Steven Gerrard (5, 38), Mario Balotelli (49)

Comments: Best start against my rival Everton. Long range efforts from Gerrard which gave me that 2-0 lead. Balotelli have a place shot which was 3-0 up. My Assisstant manager noted to me that Mamadou Sakho but I didnt replace him off thinking that playing him and encouraging him can do some good but he riddled two mistakes late in the game 72 and 82 which force me to take him off.

Full Match Team-talk: Angry with Mamadou Sakho

Match 4: Arsenal (N) Euro Super Cup 1-0

Starting Line-up: José Manuel Reina (GK), Cristián Zapata (LDC), Mamadou Sakho (RDC), César Azpilicueta (DR), Marcelo (DL), Ignacio Camacho © (MCd), Steven Gerrard (MCa), Ryan Babel (AMR), Juan Manuel Mata (AML), Mario Balotelli (DS), Fernando Torres(FS)

Substitutes: Ryan Babel off Eduardo Salvio on (58), Ignacio Camacho off Nacer Brazite on (66), Fernando Torres off Bojan on (85)

Injury: Ignacio Camacho

Yellow Cards: 2 (Steven Gerrard & Fernando Torres)

Scorers: Mamadou Sakho (88)

Comments: Best game I would say created 16 shots in the 1st half having gotten more then 60% possession in the 1st half but scorline was 0-0. Took off Ryan Babel for a youngster which my scout say could be better then Gerrard. The worse hit me when camacho got injured and I dont have any MCd to replace him so have to put Brazite on and switch Gerrard to MCd. The goal finally came in the dying minutes of the game from a corner set piece. It really saved me. Im really glad Sakho played well in that match, it could be the way I took the approached to be angry with him in the previous match.

Match 5: West Ham (H) Premier Division 6-0

Starting Line-up: José Manuel Reina (GK), Cristián Zapata (LDC), Mamadou Sakho (RDC), Sergio Ramos(DR), Marcelo (DL), Miguel Veloso (MCd), Steven Gerrard © (MCa), Cristiano Ronaldo (AMR), Juan Manuel Mata (AML), Mario Balotelli (DS), Fernando Torres(FS)

Substitutes: Cristián Zapata off Jamie Carragher on (60), Mario Balotelli off Giuseppe Rossi on (66), Fernando Torres off Bojan on (80)

Injury: Cristián Zapata

Man of the Match: Giuseppe Rossi

Yellow Cards: 2 (Mamadou Sakho & Miguel Veloso)

Scorers: Mamadou Sakho (44), Mario Balotelli (52), Fernando Torres (56), Giuseppe Rossi (72, 84), Cristiano Ronaldo (88)

Comments: Likewise the best match I would say ever since using the new tweak. The players showed that they can score more. With my team restricting to lots of long shots in the first half, Sakho gave me the lead by a corner set piece again. Team-talk: Disappointing. Balotelli and Torres then scored two goals in four minutes which was 3-0. At that time I thought the match was over so I replaced Rossi on for Balotelli but Rossi came on to score a goal from free kick. Running away from his marker and score a nice header at the end of the back post. The other was a typical "Liverpool" goal whereby Reina set a long ball all the way up front and Rossi pick up that goal. Ronaldo gave a very solid performance on his debut and scored a placed shot in the dying minutes of the game.

Forgotten to add that despite Steven Gerrard having a poor gam: Rating 5.7 my team still thrash them 6-0.

Match 6: Newcastle (H) Premier Division 4-0

Starting Line-up: José Manuel Reina (GK), Jamie Carragher (LDC), Mamadou Sakho © (RDC), Sergio Ramos(DR), Marcelo (DL), Xabi Alonso(MCd), Nacer Brazite (MCa), Cristiano Ronaldo (AMR), Juan Manuel Mata (AML), Mario Balotelli (DS), Giuseppe Rossi (FS)

Substitutes: Nacer Brazite off Gökhan Inler on (63), Juan Manuel Mata off Eduardo Salvio on (71), Mario Balotelli off Bojan on (78)

Yellow Cards: 1 (Mamadou Sakho)

Scorers: Giuseppe Rossi (9), Mario Balotelli (pen 25, pen 54), Mamadou Sakho (28)

Comments: Although the scoreline was 4-0, I was hugely disappointed as my team didnt have much possession. To me once I score 4-0 the match was over. I replaced fresh legs in thought of getting them to score more but they too think that the match was well over. Anyway Mamadou Sakho has a great match deserving his goal and Man of the Match. He clean-up all of Old Carragher messes well. Nacer Brazite is getting better every game I play him. Watching his performance he seems to be an all-rounder almost better then Gerrard. Except the fact that he doesnt go for long shots.

Extras: Gerrard, Torres, Veloso got themselves injured during International Break

Match 7: Olympiakos (A) Champions League Group Stage 0-2

Starting Line-up: José Manuel Reina (GK), Cristián Zapata (LDC), Mamadou Sakho © (RDC), Sergio Ramos(DR), Marcelo (DL), Gökhan Inler (MCd), Nacer Brazite (MCa), Cristiano Ronaldo (AMR), Juan Manuel Mata (AML), Mario Balotelli (DS), Giuseppe Rossi (FS)

Substitutes: Nacer Brazite off Xabi Alonso on (67), Mario Balotelli off Bojan on (67), Marcelo off Yury Zhirkov on (69), Ronaldo off (89)

Injury: Marcelo & Ronaldo

Man of the Match: Gökhan Inler

Yellow Cards: 2 (Cristián Zapata & Mamadou Sakho)

Scorers: Juan Manuel Mata, Gökhan Inler (90+3)

Comments: Great match I would say. My team got most of the ball back through the centre park resulting Olympiakos to have only 2 shots 1 on target 1 off. I was deeply fustrated as my team created lots of chances 25 shots 5 CCC. The opening goal came nearly at the end where Ronaldo dribble in from the right side of the field and got tackle inside the penalty box. Switching Inler to become a MCa is a right decision. He loves to shoot and he shot home another goal for me through injury time

Match 8: Sunderland (A) Premier Division 0-2

Starting Line-up: José Manuel Reina (GK), Cristián Zapata (LDC), Mamadou Sakho © (RDC), Sergio Ramos(DR), Marcelo (DL), Xabi Alonso (MCd), Gökhan Inler (MCa), Yury Zhirkov (AMR), Juan Manuel Mata (AML), Mario Balotelli (DS), Giuseppe Rossi (FS)

Substitutes: Giuseppe Rossi off Bojan on (60), Juan Manuel Mata off Eduardo Salvio on (64), Xabi Alonso off Nacer Barazite on (74)

Man of the Match: Mario Balotelli

Yellow Cards: 1 (Sergio Ramos)

Scorers: Mario Balotelli (14), Yury Zhirkov (37)

Comments: Didnt notice much in this match as I was sleepy after 1st day of school. Didnt tweak much in game to produce more goals too but Balotelli was all well running around and creating chances for others. Sakho was abit off today but managed to not make big blunders.

Match 9: Norwich (H) League Cup 5-0

Starting Line-up: José Manuel Reina (GK), Cristián Zapata (LDC), Mamadou Sakho © (RDC), César Azpilicueta (DR), Emiliano Insúa (DL), Damien Plessis (MCd), Nacer Brazite (MCa), André Ayew (AMR), Ryan Babel (AML), Vagner Love (DS), Bojan (FS)

Substitutes: Ryan Babel off Juan Manuel Mata on (58), Vagner Love off Mario Balotelli on (58), André Ayew off Eduardo Salvio on (81)

Man of the Match: Bojan

Scorers: Vagner Love (12), Bojan (14, 20), Cristián Zapata (27), Mamadou Sakho (45 + 1)

Comments: Good results but my team practically did nothing in the second half. They were too complacent with the 5-0 scoreline tat they did nothing and were just defending resulting in ball possession dropping to 41%. I was impressed with Bojan skill as he was disappointing for me when I bought him.

Match 10: West Brom (H) Premier Division 4-0

Tactic: Bolt v1.8

Starting Line-up: José Manuel Reina (GK), Cristián Zapata (LDC), Mamadou Sakho (RDC), Sergio Ramos (DR), Marcelo (DL), Gökhan Inler (MCd), Steven Gerrard © (MCa), Yury Zhirkov (AMR), Juan Manuel Mata (AML), Mario Balotelli (DS), Bojan (FS)

Substitutes: Juan Manuel Mata off Eduardo Salvio on (69)

Injury: Juan Manuel Mata

Scorers: Steven Gerrard (1), Mamadou Sakho (7), Mario Balotelli (pen 55, 61)

Comments: Return of Steven Gerrard into the starting XI give boost to my team scoring. He scored a long range from 35 yards. He created lots of chances for his teammates and is an all-rounder be it defending or attacking. Mario Balotelli was playing well too capping two goals.

Match 11: Dinamo (H) Champions League Group Stage 8-0

Starting Line-up: José Manuel Reina (GK), Cristián Zapata (LDC), Mamadou Sakho (RDC), Sergio Ramos (DR), Marcelo (DL), Ignacio Camacho © (MCd), Steven Gerrard (MCa), Yury Zhirkov (AMR), Juan Manuel Mata (AML), Mario Balotelli (DS), Bojan (FS)

Substitutes: Juan Manuel Mata off Eduardo Salvio on (69)

Yellow Cards: 1 (Steven Gerrard)

Scorers: Mario Balotelli (1, 10, 14, pen 83), Cristián Zapata (12), Steven Gerrard (18, 40, 48)

Comments: Great game I should say. The match was pratically over by the 18th minute as my team cruise 4-0. This time I change my Half-time team talk to only players with > 8.5 "Having Faith" the rest none. My team played well in the second half. Reina practically got nothing to do. He saved one wide goal and thats his job. His been keep a clean sheet for quite a long time. I hope he can break his old record and hit it to a 1000 minutes. Mario Balotelli was wonderful, scoring 4 goals breaking my team highest scoring record. He was perfect at the deep striker position.

Match 12: Chelsea (H) Premier Division 1-0

Starting Line-up: José Manuel Reina (GK), Cristián Zapata (LDC), Mamadou Sakho (RDC), César Azpilicueta (DR), Emiliano Insua (DL), Ignacio Camacho © (MCd), Steven Gerrard (MCa), Juan Manuel Mata (AMR), David Silva (AML), Mario Balotelli (DS), Bojan (FS)

Substitutes: César Azpilicueta off Jamie Carragher on (50), Bojan off Cristiano Ronaldo on (57), Mario Balotelli off Giuseppe Rossi on (80)

Injury: César Azpilicueta, Mario Balotelli

Man of the Match: None

Scorers: Terry own goal (76)

Comments: My team created lots of chances but Petr Cech denied all of them. Bojan was exceptionally poor in that match and have to take the risk to put Ronaldo on who just came back from injury. Mario Balotelli played superbly well but due to an early injury I risked continuing playing him. After Ronaldo created the goal for John Terry to score I immediately replace Balotelli with Rossi who came on and nearly scored a screamer but was yet to be denied by Petr Cech.

Match 13: Bolton (A) Premier Division 3-0

Starting Line-up: José Manuel Reina (GK), Cristián Zapata (LDC), Mamadou Sakho (RDC), César Azpilicueta (DR), Emiliano Insua (DL), Ignacio Camacho © (MCd), Steven Gerrard (MCa), Cristiano Ronaldo (AMR), David Silva (AML), Mario Balotelli (DS), Giuseppe Rossi (FS)

Substitutes: David Silva off Juan Manuel Mata on (63), Steven Gerrard off Gökhan Inler on (80)

Yellow Cards: 2 (Steven Gerrard & Mamadou Sakho)

Scorers: Mario Balotelli (11), Mamadou Sakho (41, 69)

Comments: Pepe Reina finally got beaten after 818 minutes. I would say Reebok Stadium sucks, its short and conjested and my team was playing badly. Mamadou Sakho scored a hatrick. The first defender to do so but one was an own goal which broke Pepe Reina cleansheet. Im beginning to like Mario Balotelli he has been scoring from that position. David Silva has a quite game and Steven Gerrard was tackling and running almost everywhere but did nothing. Dropped them both out and the team start to change a little bit better. Rossi has a quiet game with a few touches. Will try to tweak him to get him to score more often like Balotelli.

Match 14: Olympique Lyonnais (H) Champions Leauge Group Stage 3-0

Starting Line-up: José Manuel Reina (GK), Cristián Zapata (LDC), Mamadou Sakho (RDC), César Azpilicueta (DR), Emiliano Insua (DL), Ignacio Camacho © (MCd), Steven Gerrard (MCa), Cristiano Ronaldo (AMR), Juan Manuel Mata (AML), Mario Balotelli (DS), Giuseppe Rossi (FS)

Substitutes: Giuseppe Rossi off Bojan on (45)

Injury: Giuseppe Rossi

Man of the Match: Cristiano Ronaldo

Scorers: Mario Balotelli (pen60), Steven Gerrard (83), Cristiano Ronaldo (87)

Comments: Great game except the fact that my team failed to score in the 1st half. Most of the shots either hit the post or deflected away by defenders. Rossi got injured and I replaced with Bojan who practically did nothing much. A penalty was given by fouls on Ronaldo and Insua who dribbled into the box but Balotelli got the 1st one and not the second. Steven Gerrard got a trademark finish by curling the ball in while Ronaldo scored a corner set piece.

Match 15: Tottenham (A) Premier Division 1-2

Starting Line-up: José Manuel Reina (GK), Cristián Zapata (LDC), Mamadou Sakho (RDC), César Azpilicueta (DR), Marcelo (DL), Ignacio Camacho © (MCd), Steven Gerrard (MCa), Cristiano Ronaldo (AMR), Juan Manuel Mata (AML), Mario Balotelli (DS), Fernando Torres (FS)

Substitutes: None

Scorers: Mario Balotelli (27), Fernando Torres (73)

Comments: A very poor game I should say. My team simply cant play well with short pitches. They have a fair amount of shots and possession but failed to score more then 2 goals. Torres made an impact after being out for quite a long time. My team finally conceded a goal from corner ever since the start of the game.

Match 16: Man City (H) Premier Division 2-0

Starting Line-up: Sergio Asenjo (GK), Giorgio Chiellini (LDC), Mamadou Sakho (RDC), César Azpilicueta (DR), Marcelo (DL), Ignacio Camacho © (MCd), Steven Gerrard (MCa), Cristiano Ronaldo (AMR), David Silva (AML), Mario Balotelli (DS), Fernando Torres (FS)

Substitutes: David Silva off Juan Manuel Mata on (41), Mario Balotelli off Nacer Brazite on (61), Fernando Torres off Vagner Love on (73)

Injury: David Silva, Mario Balotelli

Man of the Match: Vagner Love

Yellow Cards: 1 (Giorgio Chiellini

Scorers: Mario Balotelli (35), Vagner Love (88)

Comments: Played well but mostly were denied by the crossbar or Shay Given. Torres played exceptionally poor today missing targets. Mario Balotelli seem to at least score a goal for my team in each match that he played in. Silva was a wonderful winger creating the goal for Balotelli while Ronaldo created a CCC for Vagner Love to have a place shot into the net

Match 17: Olympique Lyonnais (A) Champions Leauge Group Stage 0-4

Starting Line-up: Sergio Asenjo (GK), Giorgio Chiellini (LDC), Mamadou Sakho (RDC), César Azpilicueta (DR), Marcelo (DL), Ignacio Camacho © (MCd), Steven Gerrard (MCa), Cristiano Ronaldo (AMR), Juan Manuel Mata (AML), Mario Balotelli (DS), Fernando Torres (FS)

Substitutes: Giorgio Chiellini off Cristián Zapata on (34), Fernando Torres off Vagner Love (73), Steven Gerrard off Nacer Brazite

Injury: Giorgio Chiellini

Man of the Match: Juan Manuel Mata

Yellow Cards: 2 (Steven Gerrard & Ignacio Camacho

Scorers: Juan Manuel Mata (4, 80), Steven Gerrard (28, 34)

Comments: Wonderful match. I go in this game with odds stacked against me but my players did well. I thought the Man of the Match would go to Steven Gerrard. He was wonderful creating for Juan Manuel Mata a goal at 4 mins. He himself got two from his favourite shooting range. Ronaldo was perfect too setting up Gerrard and Mata goals. Balotelli finally didnt score in this match but his performance was good. This is the best Champions League Season by far. I have kept cleansheets all the way till now in the competition.

Match 18: Stoke City (H) Premier Division 8-0

Starting Line-up: Sergio Asenjo (GK), Giorgio Chiellini (LDC), Mamadou Sakho (RDC), César Azpilicueta (DR), Marcelo (DL), Ignacio Camacho © (MCd), Steven Gerrard (MCa), Cristiano Ronaldo (AMR), Juan Manuel Mata (AML), Mario Balotelli (DS), Fernando Torres (FS)

Substitutes: None

Injury: Ignacio Camacho (knock)

Man of the Match: Fernando Torres

Scorers: Fernando Torres (11, 38, 63, 90+2), Mario Balotelli (miss pen 9, 16), Cristiano Ronaldo (34, 53), Steven Gerrard (88)

Comments: Hmm I was fustrated at the start of 10 minutes. My team simply lose possession easily and the match was controlled by Stoke. Tweak abit of tempo and passing style they were playing okay. Mario Balotelli had a chance at 9 minutes to convert a penalty spot to a goal but was saved by Sorensen. Torres scored an amazing 4 goals in that match, one being the best of all or rather a goal I never seen my team could get from. A cross from César Azpilicueta and Torres head it back home. Torres scored another header from a free kick. Gerrard scored his usual goal at the edge of the penalty area while Ronaldo scored a solo effort.

Key Attributes

===========

For Key Attributes I would refer you guys to Heathxxx thread: http://www.community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=110062.

Pre-Match Team Talk

=================

Rival Teams: For the fans

Huge Fav: I expect a win

Slight Underdogs: You can win this/ Wish Luck

Half-Time Team Talk

================

Despite Win, Lose or Draw

Ratings more then 7.5: Have faith

Ratings between 6.1 - 6.5: Disappointing

Ratings below 6.0: Anger (sometimes plus sub out)

Full-Time Team Talk

================

Ratings more then 7.5: Well done

Ratings less then 6.0: Anger

Opposition Instructions

==================

Goalkeeper: Closing Down "Always"

ST/FC: Tight Marking "Always" & Tackling "Normal"

All: Weaker Foot

Dangerman: Closing Down "Always", Tackling "Hard" & Tight Marking "Always" [Additional: Use a player to man-mark him]

--------

Signed

Bolton

--------

*Edit I got a few questions to clarify:

1. What is direct and short passing?

[My understanding of direct passing is for eg. a CB is on direct passing he would pass the ball straight to the striker (ball goes thru the air). As for short is like eg. CB pass DL or wad so ever (ball is on the ground)] Is this understanding right?

2. In one of my save I alter the CF and I notice lower CF on attacking roles like Strikers, Wingers and even on MCa would go defensively as in they fall back to tackle but would lose ball quite often. Hence the whole game results in less chances created. What I wanna clarify is will CF affects the position of players when the team loses the ball?

3. I gave wingers and fullbacks (but I play them like wing backs) RWB often. I notice they would lose the ball almost immediately and it get me fustrated. In one of my save I put them on RWB mixed, FWR mixed and cross ball often. However, they were connecting well with passing yet they dont cross when they have a chance to? Someone can help me with this?

4. Strikers? Its the worse part of the game in this FM. I have Rossi, Vagner Love, Bojan and Torres. (Others who can play in FC roles but I play them as wingers are Ayew, Mata, Balotelli and Babel) All of my "main" strikers couldnt fit with the usual targetman and fast striker unless I play Balotelli with someone else. Yet I find it hard to pair any of the main strikers together except a few matches where the 2 youngsters Bojan and Rossi or even 2 oldies like Love and Torres are connecting together to terror the opposition. Other then that there is no other partnership. You may wonder how I win all cups with "lousy" scoring from strikers. Goals come from wierd angles like wingers want to cross in the end became a goal and sort. I seriously need help in Striker settings.

5. I have a MCa and MCd. MCd works well at the back and at times supporting at the front but I often see my MCa (usually Gerrard) running back to "fight" with MCd (usually Camacho) to win the ball back. Its like the old Gerrard we used to see before Benitez came to Liverpool. Is that his original mentality? I notice some of my other MCa like Brazite or Feghouli they too tackle at times but not as much as Gerrard. One more thing is MCa and MCd likes to leave loopholes in midfield. What I mean is for eg. the ball is with Opposition left winger. My MCa and MCd with my DR will try to tackle and win the ball back. Sometimes the winger got away leaving loopholes in central park giving opposition to have a shot at my goals. I have MCa and MCd on zonal marking with closing down often.

I have looked at the tactic mate, and played one game with it. I'm Motherwell in the SPL. I drew 0-0 with Airdrie in the First Division and after looking at the stats I was true shocked. We didn't manager one shot on target and players weren't passing the ball at all well. This was due to the direct passing ... Let me show you mate.

airdrievmotherwellplaye.th.png

It's very clear here that that sort of passing wasn't working. I mean there are players on there who have been on the pitch for 93 minutes and had 17 passes, 8 of which were completed. Those aren't good stats.

With simple tweaks it was easy to see the improvement. Here is the next match with only 2 sliders changed ...

queensparkvmotherwellpl.th.png

Even though it's not GREAT it's a lot better than what it was. More players are getting on the ball and creating things. We can also see that the players who weren't getting great many touches of the ball are still playing well because even though they aren't passing it, they are creating things. They are moving off the ball etc.

With only minor changes again, it's extremely clear to see that the tactic only needs small changes to make it work ... Here is the next match against Portsmouth with 1 more bar slightly tweaked

portsmouthvmotherwellpl.th.png

This last Screenie will show you that your not far off having a great tactic mate. I have only been working on this for something like 20 mins. I think you have a cracking foundation for a tactic Bolton, so just stick at it mate.

arsenalvmotherwellplaye.th.png

It's not very often you can pass arsenal off the park but look at the passing completion stats.

So very close. The News Title was "The Gunners Hang on, If Only Just".

Oh and BTW they scored by a penalty.

*Edit.

Since your playing lower league you may want to change the Tackling to normal. I notice in your first match I would guess his a DR got two yellows. Anyway Im using shortest possible passing and slow tempo now. Good to hear that its working for you. Can you post the scores of those games?

The scores are at the top mate.

I'm cruising in the SPL and Uefa Cup.

2nd in SPL and not lost a game.

I just tanked Dinamo 3-0 in the Group stages of the Uefa Cup after hammering Austria Wien 5-1. I was beat 4-1 in the return but I put out my youth team.

I mean all the scores of the games that you played using my tactic.

This is the new tweak: http://files.filefront.com/13618134.

Havent played much games but I viewed full match with Everton (3-2) won 3-0 den let it two goals due too Sakho playing poorly in that match. Missing tackles and sort. Now playing 2nd match with this tactic. 1st half against Arsenal have 16 shots 63% possession but scoreline still 0-0. Passing seems fine but strikers cant score. Now into 2nd half.

currently in the new version Im using a tall and fast striker combination. Left being the tall striker and right being the fast. With TGM tick and run onto ball for the right. Playmaker is my MCa. MCa can be normal AMC but look for one who has high creativity and long shots. I got Inler, Gerrard and two youngsters who can fill up that place. I notice that Rossi can also play as the left striker having him scoring two goals in that position and creating quite alot of chances for bojan in the newcastle match that I have yet to post the analysis.

*Update: I have updated the results of my season three. Practically it looks promising as I did not concede any goals from my matches so far and my deep striker starting to score except my advanced striker. I have also uploaded a new tweak so please read the changelist as there are instructions for you guys to follow. Please give feedback too. Cheers:)

*Edit: I will constantly update my season 3 scores in the section I have allocated so please go there and have a look at it.

i have tried this in the half time of a match vs boro and i was 1-0 down.

i am southampton 1st season in premiership.

ended 3-3. attacking wise fantastic tactic so far.

will have to try it further to give you more accurate feedback.

i have tried this in the half time of a match vs boro and i was 1-0 down.

i am southampton 1st season in premiership.

ended 3-3. attacking wise fantastic tactic so far.

will have to try it further to give you more accurate feedback.

oh okay. I have never tried this tactic with lower leagues before hence will value ur feedbacks. please report back after a few matches thx.

*Update: I having the best season I have with liverpool by far. (in terms of scoring and conceding goals.)

(want to make sure) In v.1.8 which st is targetmen left or right?

I've tested by go on holiday for 2 season with Hull city, catania, cottbus, malaga,

Team

season pos w d l for ag

Hull

1st season #17 9 8 21 42 75

2nd season #15 10 8 20 50 69

Catania

1st season #7 19 7 12 62 47

2nd season #11 14 10 14 55 52

Malaga

1st season #10 15 9 14 51 64

2nd season #20 4 11 23 50 94

Cottbus

1st season #17 9 6 19 30 55

2nd season #5 18 6 10 68 36

i will test by play on my own again.(i mean not go on holiday)

Your tactic create many shots but still scoreless with my teams.

And some match my team got a big loss. (0-6, 1-5)

keep trying(if i have time to play more) and will send feedback.

(want to make sure) In v.1.8 which st is targetmen left or right?

I've tested by go on holiday for 2 season with Hull city, catania, cottbus, malaga,

Team

season pos w d l for ag

Hull

1st season #17 9 8 21 42 75

2nd season #15 10 8 20 50 69

Catania

1st season #7 19 7 12 62 47

2nd season #11 14 10 14 55 52

Malaga

1st season #10 15 9 14 51 64

2nd season #20 4 11 23 50 94

Cottbus

1st season #17 9 6 19 30 55

2nd season #5 18 6 10 68 36

i will test by play on my own again.(i mean not go on holiday)

Your tactic create many shots but still scoreless with my teams.

And some match my team got a big loss. (0-6, 1-5)

keep trying(if i have time to play more) and will send feedback.

Here is an update on Targetman and Playmakers that I used for my team:

Targetman (in the following order) - supplyt ball to feet

------------------------------------------------------

Left Striker: Balotelli

Stronger Winger: Ronaldo

Right Striker: Torres (preferbably a good finisher)

Other Winger: Mata/Silva/Zhirkov

Note: If you find tat your right striker always lose ball immediately change the order to this format:

Left Striker, Stronger Winger, Other Winger, Right Striker

Playmaker (in the following order)

----------------------------------

Left MC (MCa): Gerrard/Inler/Brazite

Right MC (MCd): Camacho/Veloso/Alonso

Left Winger: Mata/Silva/Zhirkov

Why add in left winger into playmaker list?

His the last choice of TGM and most often players will look into the 1st 3 TGM and he seldom create chances. Hence place him in free role with playmaker and it makes a good combination. I see my left winger creating lots of chances while my right winger do create chances and score on his own.

din I dont quite understand wad u mean in your game. could you explain please?

This looks like a good tactic, well done!

- is it a plug and play tactic?

hmm.. maybe if you got the right qualities for certain positions, other than that you can consider it as a plug and play tactic. could you post some of ur results?

• 1 month later...
Been testing this tactic for a few games and im impressed so far, defense seems to be solid and goals a plenty.

Will test it for longer and see how it goes

hope to hear from you. is there anything that u find its lacking off? like certain areas please let me know.

I find that from set pieces outside of the box the AI lays the ball off to a midfielder has a lot of time to shoot and pick his spot. Only happened on a few occasions though but im on a 16 match unbeaten run at the moment with fulham.

I find that from set pieces outside of the box the AI lays the ball off to a midfielder has a lot of time to shoot and pick his spot. Only happened on a few occasions though but im on a 16 match unbeaten run at the moment with fulham.

nice to hear that from you. with my liverpool team currently reina has kept clean sheets for more den 9 matches alrd.

*Edit: my bad he kept 900mins clean sheet alrd

going to give this a try later with my Celtic team just started a new game and have already bought a few players in so will se how it goes.Will post updates early tonight mate cheers.

alright thx.

A.L sorry for not answering ur qns just now. maybe you could put 1 player down when defending. cos i rmb putting my right wing and right striker up front the rest back. use tat extra man to defend the guy.

Archived