EFL Cup Academy Sides

dannymesser93

had the same idea.. created "U21" teams for the 16 academies, I've given them the same reputations as their parent club to ensure they seed 1 into each group and then had to give up as I'm baffled how to actually set up the cup using advance rules.. also have no idea (or if its even possible) how to set match/competition rules so that only the U21 sides field u21 players whilst the league 1/2 sides play who they like..

You don't need to create the U21 teams. Just do what I said in my previous post.

For instance:

Use the get team command "Get Best EPPP Teams", set team type to "U21 team" and nation to "England" and maximum number of teams to "16" and it will get the U21 teams that are used for the U21 leagues etc. for the 16 highest ranked academy teams in England.

You don't need to create the U21 teams. Just do what I said in my previous post.

For instance:

Use the get team command "Get Best EPPP Teams", set team type to "U21 team" and nation to "England" and maximum number of teams to "16" and it will get the U21 teams that are used for the U21 leagues etc. for the 16 highest ranked academy teams in England.

Cheers dave, quick question if you know mate.. I've just fired up the editor and went in to fixture rules and there's a few options in there that could potentially be used to ensure the larger teams stick to playing young players.. I now know I CAN set up match rules for each specific team.. but that would mean each match rule duplicated for each U21 side (hell of a lot of work).

using your method if I merely duplicated each match rule and set it to teams in division "BPL" would the game recognise the U21's as a BPL teams reserve? if you get me..

cheers dave, with your assistance I think I've actually got this mostly done.. the teams aren't regionalised but after having a quick load of a new game starting in October ALL the EPPP teams "SEEM" to be playing the youth without actually editing the fixture rules.. so once again thanks:applause::applause:

I've created this competition using the advice from this thread (thanks Dave!), however using the "best EPPP" sides works fine for me in the first season, but in the second it just loads up random U21 sides from the Lower League. Changing it to "best youth setup" seems to be working for me so far (three seasons simmed).

Just one quick query despite setting the Final to take place at the National Stadium the Final takes place at the Home sides ground any ideas?

• 1 month later...

how do I set the 3 Over 21s and 1 over age keeper for u21 teams only dave? I've been in the fixture rules, tried B clubs only, home division as premiership, leagues lower than sky bet 2 all allow me to field a full senior side....

Basically because the u21's are going to eventually vary, I'm trying to set u21 teams in the EFL trophy to follow the same rules as the u21 league whilst the sky bet 1&2 teams field who they like..

Archived