[FM16] Help with creating new database

KrishnaSadhana

Hello fellow FM players. I'm quite new here in the forum, so pardon me if my question sounds silly.

I'm planning to create a database for FM16 based on my university's inter-student football league (picture of the current standings added in this post too). But that's not all - I'm also planning to add fictional football teams from various football-related media, such as Harchester United from Dream Team, Melchester Rovers from Roy of the Rovers, Supa Strikas and the other teams from the Supa Strikas universe, as well as Nankatsu SC and the other teams from Captain Tsubasa and many more. I'm also planning to add YouTube-based Hashtag United into this database to make things more interesting, and probably a couple of teams with players from the good lads and lasses in this forum and fm-base.

I'm planning to replace either Andorra or the Faroe Islands so that my fantasy nation teams could participate in the UEFA Champions League and the UEFA Europa League, but here's where things hit a snag. The problem with my plan is I'm planning to add a number of teams from various places in the Earth and gathering them into once place, but I'm planning to have their players, city and home ground the same as it is (e.g. Harchester United, even though in my database they're based in Andorra/Faroe Islands, they still have English players and play at Harchester in England, while Nankatsu SC still retains their Japanese players and still play in Saitama even though they're technically Andorra/Faroe Islands based). So the question here is...can I gather these teams in a fictional nation of my own but still assign their cities and home grounds in their own respective countries? Or should I make new cities named after the cities where these teams are originally from and their players must abide by the nationality of my fantasy nation? I know it's sounds kinda ridiculous but I don't know how to say this in any other way lol

Here's the standings of my university's football league that I'm planning to add to my database along with these fictional teams from all over the world. Since my university's an international university, these teams also literally came from all over the world lol

WnDiaTW

Any help is appreciated :D Cheers ^_^

Firstly, use CIS or pre-1922 ireland, change the continent to Europe (google or search on here how as you need to edit a .txt file setting from false to true) or another continent if you are not bothered about continental football.

If you do want continental football then there is a method for that.

As for clubs and countries etc the clubs need (I think) to be in the nation BUT the stadia do not. Put them all in the nations you want.

There are others ways to do this and make it work, I have not tried basing a single satellite league in another nation but it MIGHT work (again never tried it but its worth having a go).

Thank you! That really helped me in creating my fantasy database :D but I have another question...

I have created two fantasy teams on a different editor data and I want to move them to my fantasy database. Is there any way that I could do this quickly or should I recreate those two teams from scratch all over again? Thanks again in advance :))

EDIT: I've also hit a slight problem with my project. I've used CIS for my fantasy database and set it's continent to Europe so that my teams would qualify to the UCL and the UEL, but why does my fantasy "nation" comes up in the "Other Nations" list instead of the "Current Nations" list when I'm making its nation rules?

I have created two fantasy teams on a different editor data and I want to move them to my fantasy database. Is there any way that I could do this quickly or should I recreate those two teams from scratch all over again? Thanks again in advance :))

EDIT: I've also hit a slight problem with my project. I've used CIS for my fantasy database and set it's continent to Europe so that my teams would qualify to the UCL and the UEL, but why does my fantasy "nation" comes up in the "Other Nations" list instead of the "Current Nations" list when I'm making its nation rules?

What's editor is it? I think it's likely you'll have to recreate them from scratch

I think this is before you make the nation rules, your nation/CIS is technically a Other Nation, Current Nations are the leagues that are available through the standard game

What's editor is it? I think it's likely you'll have to recreate them from scratch

I think this is before you make the nation rules, your nation/CIS is technically a Other Nation, Current Nations are the leagues that are available through the standard game

Just figured out the way about three hours after I posted that question lol thanks anyway :D it's all smooth sailing so far :))

Right, I've tested my database a few times and it went on quite well...however during the transfer window the clubs on my database are quite "aggressive" in their transfers. Aggresive as in a team on my database's second division selling half of it's team (even though they're leading the league) and buying a lot of players to cover them. A few teams on my database's top division also ended up selling up to three quarters of their starting XI in the start of the season during the winter transfer. So my question is, what value in the editor should I change to make the transfer windows on my database more realistic? Bear in mind that apart from the aforementioned second division team, almost all of my team's players have their values set at 0 in the editor, which means the game randomly assigns their values.

Archived