Filtering by Gold/Grey star-ratings

With the new system in place since FM15 that shows 'potential' ability and potential in gray next to the golden 'certain' rating by scouts. I was wondering if it was possible to be able to filter on pure gold stars rather than it including the gray stars.

Right now I got a lot of players scouted, like in the thousands, and the issue I have is that the way it filters it gives preference over gray stars rather than assured stars. So if there's a player with 3 gold + 2 gray stars to make a potential of being a 5 star player, and there's a player with 4.5 gold and no gray stars, the first player gets placed above the other one, because technically he could have a higher potential than the next guy...

But that gets tough when you have a lot of players on the list that COULD be 4.5/5* players with extensive scouting. And as a result all those ones that were scouted better and have a clearer picture gets shoved down because technically their potential upper limit is higher than the other guy..

So my question is, is there a way to filter differently, so that full stars weigh heavily than the gray/blue ones?

example:

396f75bd7286c0b56b1d0f87de14e1ca.png

First is recommendation, second is ability...

As you can see the 3(4) players get preference over the 3.5(0) players, even though it's still up in the air whether the 3(4) players are going to be anything between 3/3.5/4 stars of ability once I sign them. And the ones that my scouts are certain that are 3.5 get pushed down the list...

Which means if I have to look through lots of marginally scouted youngster I get the 2(5) potential players before I get the 3.5(4.5) players, because 'technically' those 2(5)'s could have more potential than the 3.5(4.5)'s... Even though the latter their bottom line potential is much higher than the other...

Anyways, hopefully this isn't all too confusing because it's kinda tough to explain with gold and gray star ratings being a bit abstract to say the least... Hopefully someone reading this understand and can maybe tell me if it's possible to filter out the 'grays'. :)

Yeah. Scout the players to 100% and it should remove the grey stars. The more scouting you do the more accurate the report will be. The grey star is allowing for parts the scout hasn't finished with. This is why, as you said above in the second paragraph, the fully scouted players are pushed down. They have been fully scouted and aren't as good as your scout first thought.

Now, to solve your issue. I believe you can filter so that only players fully scouted show. I think it's in the same drop down menu as position, club, wage etc.

Archived