Wait for FM 2017 or buy FM 2016

Hi guys, the last FM I played was FM 2013... I need an opinion. Should I wait for Football Manager 2017 or rather buy FM 2016 and keep it for a year or two? It's a bit on the expensive side to buy each year's version.

Best bet is to try the demo version & if you like it then buy FM16, there are usually plenty of sales during the life of each release that you'll also be able to pick up a low cost copy of FM17 if you put it on your Steam wishlist once it is announce, this year FM16 has been as cheap as £7.99.

We're only 6 months into the life cycle of FM 2016 at the moment as it was released in November 2015.

I've missed a few years of management sims since my first game (CM 99/00) and while typically year on year the game improves I find if I'm engrossed in a save then I can forego a year and continue my existing save instead.

I think it's important to re-iterate the first point though, FM is typically released in November, you'll be waiting 5-6 months to buy the next iteration. Waiting for a sale and buying this version will last you plenty of time. The FM game also isn't usually 'finished' until the .3 update, which for FM 16 was released only a couple of months ago (while this includes data updates, it also has a lot of bug fixes that users have picked up). If anything, this is the perfect time to buy FM 16 - the product is finished, price drops are likely and the next 'finished' product won't be out for another 10 months.

Great. Thank you both. I'll get FM16 then!

For now, I don't even have a fixed telephone line and ADSL set up at home, so I'll be patient until I can install Steam and buy FM16 on my home PC.

Might as well go for FM16. There's still another 5 months until the FM17 demo and in that time you could use FM16 to get back in to the game and get a good feel of the tactics before the next one, seen as you haven't played it for a few years

Archived