Game keeps crashing during matches

I recently completed a 30 year career in which I experienced no technical issues whatsoever.

Last Monday, I began a new save and, as soon as the pre-season friendlies began, the game started crashing during matches. Not during every match but it became so unreliable that it is simply a matter of when, not if, the game next crashes. Sometimes, I've even had to go on holiday for a day so that it bypasses the match that keeps crashing.

I am playing on an iPhone 6 and have the most recent ios update (9.3.1). I have tried everything that the troubleshooting manual suggests including freeing up more memory on my phone and reinstalling the app. Nothing has worked.

Before last Monday, I hadn't started a new save for over 3 months and I am wondering if any of the app updates which have occurred since then may have caused this issue. I was using the November '15 database on my last save but this new one is using the February '16 database. Could that be the issue?

As things stand, I cannot play the game as it is so temperamental. The re-installation has already cost me all my unlockables which I will have to earn again.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas on how to fix it please?

• SI Staff

Do you have a save please showing this (ideally from before a match which frequently crashes), and do you have the most recent 7.2.2 update? This is something we'd be very keen to track down.

I am unable to send the save as I do not have an up to date version of iTunes that will sync with my phone. However, I have now started a new save using the November '15 database and I am not having any issues. Clearly the issue on my phone is with the February '16 database which I will simply avoid using from now on.

• SI Staff

Did you edit anything at any point with either the official or an unofficial third party editor? Were there any players you signed for both clubs? What match view settings were you using? We'd really like to track this down, it seems to have been affecting only an extremely small number of people but those it affects are having the issue consistently.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

Can you try going to Preferences from the main menu, then press View->Starting Configuration and turn off 'Quick Start Active'? Please let us know if this fixes the issue. Note that this will only affect new saves.

Did you edit anything at any point with either the official or an unofficial third party editor? Were there any players you signed for both clubs? What match view settings were you using? We'd really like to track this down, it seems to have been affecting only an extremely small number of people but those it affects are having the issue consistently.

I have never used any editor on my games. From memory, I may have signed one or two players for both teams - Leon Goretzka and Jose Gaya. Match settings are pitch and medium. Like I say, this was happening on the February '16 database only.

However, I am now using the November '15 database and I am playing as Real Madrid. The game has crashed 3 times and each time it has been whilst playing against Athletico Madrid. Twice in the 2nd leg of the Spanish Super Cup and once in a league match. Earlier in my save I had also managed Arsenal and Dortmund without any issue. It starting crashing around the year 2021.

• SI Staff
I have never used any editor on my games. From memory, I may have signed one or two players for both teams - Leon Goretzka and Jose Gaya. Match settings are pitch and medium. Like I say, this was happening on the February '16 database only.

However, I am now using the November '15 database and I am playing as Real Madrid. The game has crashed 3 times and each time it has been whilst playing against Athletico Madrid. Twice in the 2nd leg of the Spanish Super Cup and once in a league match. Earlier in my save I had also managed Arsenal and Dortmund without any issue. It starting crashing around the year 2021.

Do you have a save please from before one of these matches against Atletico?

• SI Staff
I don't have any saves before an Athletico game and I am unable to email my saves anyway. My computer does not allow me to update my iTunes account to a more recent version.

I'm sorry, I missed that higher up the thread. My immediate speculation is there could be an issue in a character of a name for one of what's known as 'evogens' - the new players that come into the game as it progresses. We will see if we can track it down at all. I don't suppose you can see any strange characters in any of the Atletico players' names?

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

We've put in a further fix that hopes to address this, but we're firing a little in the blind as nobody has been able to send us a save showing this behaviour. Can you let me know if you see the issue again, please?

Archived