[FM16] A project of Olympic proportions.

kris0710

XRTz2Kp.png

Olympique Marseille

Ligue 1 champions 9 times - only St Etienne have more (10)

Coupe de France winners a record 10 times

The only French club to win the Champions League back in 1993

No club has had more seasons in Ligue 1 (66)

1 of only 4 founder Ligue 1 members still in the top division

21 top 2 finishes in Ligue 1 (next best is 15 from Nantes & Bordeaux)

The recent dominance of PSG has slowed these figures down somewhat and for this challenge that is brilliant news.

XRTz2Kp.png

Olympique Marseille

SGbI4cy.png

uxXXaZr.png

A snapshot of the glorious history and stunning stadium that OM have.

Compare that to this

8qGzxFa.png

aububE0.png

and the gap couldn't be any wider. The time has come for another Marseille based team to grab the headlines.

jJ30iuH.png

GS Consolat Marseille

Zry9Xgp.png

A little bit of a footballing history for the manager this time around.

BYIcMfO.png

Hired. The challenge begins.

kU8gsNI.png

Very little in the way of history. A promotion could be enough to propel me to legendary status at this club.

A9JrUue.png

Okay financially but with limited knowledge of the National league in France i have no idea how this will look come May.

UfRE5wy.png

Avoid the drop in an eighteen team league where 4 go down is a challenge on it's own.

The aim of the save is simple:

Gain two promotions

Win 10 Ligue 1 titles

11 French Cups

2 Champions League

Do the double over Marseille season after season.

Of the aims above the top one should be achievable while the next two are more difficult. Winning 2 CL will be tough but certainly something that can be ticked off whilst the final aim is a little laughable.

Here we go...

Looking forward to this, enjoying the idea.

Cheers, i'm hoping for a long and successful spell in France.

Nice idea, and really liked the way you started it by making it seem you were going to OM!

Will be following :)

:D It wasn't my initial idea to deceive the viewing public but i wasn't happy with my original first post and came up with that.

jJ30iuH.png

GS Consolat Marseille

Pre Season - July 2015

Transfers Out

Nothing to report here at all. I want the first transfer window to go by with as little action as possible - only signing players if i really NEED them.

Transfers In

D59QWD8.png

Three loanees have joined for the season. These have been brought in as back up players due to an imbalance with the original squad.

Florian Chabrolle - Brought in from city 'rivals' Marseille for the season. With the speed OM left us have him it's fair to say they are not worried about our intention to rise to Ligue 1.

Dylan Bolnet - The second youngster joins from across the city and will provide some back up to my regular XI.

Florian Delestrain - The third and final loanee comes in from Belgian club Royal Mouscron-Péruwelz. As with the other two he is unlikely to start the season as a first pick.

Results

AB0GxVD.png

Hard to judge from friendlies but that is a solid July. Expecting a very tough season and one that i will deem 14th as success.

jJ30iuH.png

GS Consolat Marseille

French National - August 2015

Results

JS8JIeN.png

​A brilliant start to the season with ten points from a possible twelve picked up. Things didn't start great as we fell behind after 36 minutes at EFC Fréjus St-Raphaël - managing just a single first half effort on goal. The second period was better but still not all that. Winger Julien Lopez was our hero with a far post header in the 72nd minute to share the spoils. Another blot on the copy book was left back Marek Amiri picking up two yellows and seeing red in the final seconds of added time. The next two home games followed a similar theme, a penalty from Manset putting us in front then a winger scoring the clinching second goals. August ends with a third win, this time at RC Strasbourg Alsace. For me this is the team to beat, a huge average attendance of 16,665 was well above our tiny crowds of 400+. Beat them we did with a great all round performance despite falling behind after five minutes and losing Borgniet to a red card at 1-1 in the 59th minute.

Table

COPS2Zt.png

Very early days but that looks good to me.

jJ30iuH.png

GS Consolat Marseille

French National - September 2015

Results

JQHXaj1.png

A bit of a mixed bag this month that started well and brought around a 6 match unbeaten record for the club. A goal in each half secured a point against Vendée Herbiers although disappointed as the away side scored the equaliser in the 84th minute. A real fight for the points came away to FC Chambly - Thelle as Diawara struck early but left back Amiri was red carded after just 20 minutes. Within four minutes we doubled the lead through Lopez and held that lead until the break. Early in the second half the home side pulled a goal back and pretty much camped in our half for the remainder of the game but couldn't score that vital second. A first defeat of the season came next with all three goals in the first half with La Berrichonne before we were battered away to A.S Béziers, 5-0 with three of the goals coming in the final six minutes. September came to a close with a much needed win over USBCO, Gigliotti and Lopez scoring in each half before conceding late on.

Table

81VtsXC.png

Still massively overachieving and hanging onto the third and final promotion spot.

jJ30iuH.png

GS Consolat Marseille

French National - October 2015

Results

QKELo5v.png

More decent form from us, seven points from twelve keeping us going well. A third defeat in four came at Vendée Luçon with Marek Amiri's goal coming between the home sides double strike. Fell behind after just two minutes to USL Dunkerque but we were level soon enough thanks to Gigliotti and it was our Italian forward that struck the winner in the 90th minute. A very easy 3-0 away win followed against CS Sedan Ardennes with us two up inside fourteen minutes and added a third soon after the halftime break. Our first televised game of the season saw us disappointing in a 1-1 draw with SAS Epinal, Gigliotti again the man on target for us.

Table

Udigu2k.png

Maintain our three point lead over 4th place. Still early in the season but the fight for promotion has begun.

French Cup 5th and 6th Round

6pCsgnL.png

Abdoul Diawara was the hero of our two cup games this month, scoring a hatrick in both games as we put 10 goals past the lower league sides. The 7th Round sees us travel to Sporting Club de Feignies who scraped through the last round with a 90th minute leveller then a 115th minute winner.

Every single time I see this thread at the top of the page I think to myself, "oh good, someone is trying to win the Olympics, I wonder which Nation is it?"

Then the penny drops. :lol:

Was consolat a name for a chocolate bar or cigarettes or something?

Every single time I see this thread at the top of the page I think to myself, "oh good, someone is trying to win the Olympics, I wonder which Nation is it?"

Then the penny drops. :lol:

Was consolat a name for a chocolate bar or cigarettes or something?

:lol: I am going to post random, not needed updates daily now - just for you.

Consolat is actually a neighbourhood in La Calade area of Marseille - the residents there founded the club in 1964.

jJ30iuH.png

GS Consolat Marseille

French National - November 2015

Results

dG5p1Ym.png

A strange month for us here, very good defensively but poor in attack. We had two 0-0's then ended with a tight 1-0 victory over CA Bastia thanks to winger Lopez.

0iT5G1l.png

Looking strong as we approach the half way mark of the season. So much for a relegation battle!

Transfer In

With the lack of goals this month and a few frontline injuries i have brought in former Montpellier youngster Arthur Dallois who has agreed non contract terms.

Archived