Help with (inter)continental club cups

Jorgen

I would like to create some continental and intercontinental cups for club teams. (Some real, some defunct, some proposed or even fantasy) I.e. UAFA Arab World Club Cup, UNAF Club Cup, CIS Club Cup, or Atlantic Cup.

I have no idea how to do that, I started reading some some FAQ's and other topics on this website. Can someone point me out where to start, what to avoid and what is best practice? I want them to be compatible with Susie's fix and Claassen's league updates. I tried importing poop's international competitions for FM2014 in my copy of FM2016. Don't know what to test, or check or change to make those work. Also tried loading FusionDB's Mitropa Cup and copy that, but editing the copy, also meant editing the original (what I don't want, as I want to keep the Mitropa Cup)

You can use the Mitropa Cup file as a starting point. There should also be a Atlantic cup file around. The basics are all the same, you can use such a file as a template and add your own rules.

This is a collection of intercontinental cups:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/442266-FM16-Intercontinental-Cup-Collection

Thanks for the help and the links KUBI.

What is best practice?

Open such an editor file -> Copy one of the cups -> edit that cup? (Last time I tried that, the original cup which I copied, changed also.)

If that is possible, I could just copy the Uefa Champions League, or Copa Libertadores and edit the new cup to my liking.

The original cup should be untouched, you need probably to empty the editor cache, before you use the edited file. Load it and than save it with a different name, and after that start with editing.

Archived