Player value logic and skills

Ok, I've been playing this app since few weeks on two different devices, so I have some experience already.

Few issues here:

1. Does player skills get updated after the season? is it random? Example, completely different values after going back to my save from before going to next season:

KaahNO7.png

ov0o2Ve.png

Please have a look at the value as well.

2. I have a bad player who is valued at 12.000 EUR I sell him to a team from lower division and his value jumps to 475.000 EUR. And btw the player is bad.

3. It seems that app favors other teams on transfer market. My players can be easily compared with players worth 1-2 MLN and I can't even negotiate more than 100 K to sell them.

4. I found 5 great players on transfer market without contract. All young 21-25 superb stats. Although they are not interested in joining me (3rd Spanish Division) and I can't afford to pay this youngsters 35.000€ salary, since top salary in my team is 12.500€ they join another team from my division. This team signs 3 of them and obviously as soon as they are signed their value jumps to 1-3 MLN and this club (the same division) can afford to pay their salaries. Seriously?

• SI Staff

1. Seems like your player progressed a bit in training (he went up by 1 in a lot of stats), he is quite young so this doesn't seem too odd to me. But if you have any other examples of extreme changes then please do let us know.

2. Was the player you sold near the end of his contract? Players generally tend to be more valuable when they have a long-term contract rather than one that expires at the end of the season. His value will drop over time if he doesn't perform well. The player could also have had a lower value with you because he was seen as 'not-needed' at your club, but a key player for the lower-division team. Presumably they would be a lot less inclined to sell than you were!

3. There are many factors that can affect this, if you could send us a save file to have a look at that would be great.

4. Are the teams that they join expected to finish higher than you in the league? Also, are they in a better financial position than your club? If you could send us a save with examples of players that you are struggling to sign itwould be much appreciated!

Ad1 Yes but when does the player progress gets updated? during the season or after the end/start of new season? There should be some summary of progress - that would be nice.

ad4 Unfortunately I don't have these saves any more as there are only 4 slots for saves - but if I come across this again I will try to provide you with it - any hint how to extract it from tablet?

Ps.

I received an email saying "Team XXX offered transfer for player XXX", and it doesn't say how much and I have to pick a number - that's weird. Not always you get an offer that contains a bid.

I think that transfers should be a bit more complex than it is now :)

Except that I rate app 4/5

• SI Staff

Progress updates at different times for different players, this happens fairly frequently during the game.

Please also bear in mind that player stats will naturally decline at some points during the year - for instance in the 'off-season' players aren't training and their stats will decline somewhat according to their professionalism (more professional players will tend to stay in shape, less professional players will eat pie and chips while sitting on the sofa ...).

• SI Staff
I received an email saying "Team XXX offered transfer for player XXX", and it doesn't say how much and I have to pick a number - that's weird. Not always you get an offer that contains a bid.

Sometimes a team will bid ZERO for a player if he's low valued - this is simply them seeing if you want to cut him from the squad without paying his contract out ..

• 2 weeks later...

There is a bug with value, and it's not the case of the league or age or contract.

I tried doing this for fun. Fake team, fake players: 15 year old world class. Two players on each position.

I win 3rd division, they become unhappy because I reject every club. Their value is around 1.1M. I sold one just to check and his value jumped to 51M.

I've tried negotiating with big clubs something like 10M and they wouldn't agree. Like their maximum bid would be 1.5M-1.8M

So this app is biased against player in terms of transfers. If I would quit my fake club and go to bigger one I would sign them all for 1.4M I guess. And we are talking about World Class players with World Class current ability.

ps.

15 year old boys - no matter how talented they are shouldn't win with every senior team they meet. Seriously I had one draw during the whole season.

• SI Staff

This isn't a bug and no the game isn't biased against the player.

Simply put a 15 year old in a 3rd division team will have a limited valuation because he's never played at a higher level and thus is a risky prospect, HOWEVER if that player signs for Manchester United then his valuation will jump substantially as the football world will sit up and take notice and expect great things from him potentially.

This is simply how things work in real-life I'm afraid, think of the amount of promising youngsters who are sold in real-life from smaller clubs who are then valued FAR more when they are at their new club.

Gareth Bale for example left a smaller Premiership club for 7m UKP - only to then move on a few years later for a world record fee.

There are numerous examples of such things from real-life and I'm afraid this isn't anything out of the ordinary and is not in any manner unrealistic.

PS - When you are a larger club you will find the same thing happens when you sign players - they will (initially at least) be expected to have enough potential to make it at your club and thus get a bump in valuation, whether another team would truly sign them at that point however is debatable ...

Archived