[FM16 16.3] Leyton Orient (with January updates)

Leyton Orient

Obviously I'm massively biased but I think Orient are a great save to start, especially on the new patch. Yes their chairman is set to ruthless but apart from that, there aren't many drawbacks to managing them on the game. A fair bit of money, good squad depth and a decent reputation means you're one of the bigger clubs in League 2 and are set well for a title challenge. Also, being in London, you get a great choice of affiliate clubs and loan players. It can make getting high potential youth players through your academy harder because of the competition from other clubs but I've found that from time to you do get an absolute diamond come through.

Some General Info

Founded in 1881, Orient have plenty of history (albeit in the lower leagues). Since the takeover of Francesco Becchetti its been a turbulent time with the club going from a penalty shootout away from the Championship to League 2 in the space of a year.

Facilities

Not bad but not great either. Decent sized ground for League 1 or 2 level. Training and youth facilities need work but with Becchetti's money he might let you improve them (once you've proved yourself to be successful).

Staff

You will lose Kevin Nolan (unless you edit him to stay at the club) but you start with decent staff members. Andy Hessenthaler is your assistant with Lee Harrison as GK Coach. One negative is you will always (I'm pretty sure it happens every time) lose brilliant U18s manager Andy Edwards to a top side.

Players

Goalkeepers

Alex Cisak: top notch keeper for this level. You won't find many better than him.

Charlie Grainger: a bright prospect but unlikely to amount to being better than League 2 standard.

Defenders

Nicky Hunt: Experienced full back. Not much pace any more but good competition with Clohessy.

Sean Clohessy: Attacking minded full back. Similar ability to Hunt, just quicker.

Fraser Shaw: Potentially a decent left back but needs a lot of work.

Jerome Binnom-Williams: Loanee from Palace. Not brilliant technically but physically is an absolute monster.

Mathieu Baudry: Easily the clubs best defender. Club captain and good on the ball.

Connor Essam: Not really good enough for this level. Prone to mistakes.

Shaun Brisley: Decent partner for Baudry but you can do lots better.

Alan Dunne: The less said about him the better.

Midfielders

Callum Jahraldo-Martin: Pacy winger on loan from Hull. Inconsistent but dangerous at this level.

Blair Turgott: Very raw but another dangerous winger if used correctly.

Dean Cox: Best player at the club without doubt. Creative, good finisher, club talisman.

Jobi McAnuff: A very able veteran who can play across the midfield. Can pick a pass or the bottom corner all day.

Jack Payne: On loan from Peterborough, he's a good passing midfielder who sits deep.

Lloyd James: Basically the same player as Payne except he's not on loan.

Bradley Pritchard: Hard working midfielder but not much else. You might want to get rid of him.

Sammy Moore: All round midfielder but not really good enough past League 2 level.

Nigel Atangana: Tireless midfielder with a great work ethic. Better technically than Pritchard.

Forwards

Ollie Palmer: Strong and physical, not a lot else.

Paul McCallum: Great in the air and a decent finisher.

Armand Gnanduillet: Another physical striker but better on the ball than the other two.

Jay Simpson: Fantastic finisher at this level. Movement off the ball is excellent.

Scott Kashket: A decent young prospect but maybe not ready in the first season.

Youth Prospects

A few decent young players but not a lot to write home about. Henry Ochieng is probably your best one. Fresh Moncur, Sandro Semedo, Victor Adeboyejo, Sam Ling, Myles Judd could go be useful but are unlikely to pull up many trees.

Summary

Expected to be promoted in the first season. A very talented, deep squad means you won't need to do a lot in your first year in the transfer market. Tactically, you'll probably want to make use of your target men up front because they're very useful for Simpson to feed off.

Ask any questions you want!

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Into my 7th season now with Orient and in the Championship. Managed to get promotion first season in League two and have slowly moved up since then and now am having a new stadium built!

I play a 4-1-2-2-1 at home and 4-4-1-1 away from home, any questions please ask.

Archived