Signing player as staff

not sure if this is a bug or not, but Paul Robinson (Brum LB) he's got staff attributes available and is a player/coach @ brum

Despite having a year left on his contract (expires jun17) & non-playing job offer release clause in his current contract, whenever i try and speak to him to become a coach or even player coach the transfer date is always blanked out and I can't suggest anything to him

do i have to bid for him or is it a bug, maybe he still wants to be a player i don't know just a bit annoying if i have to wait for him to retire before he'll sign

not sure if this is a bug or not, but Paul Robinson (Brum LB) he's got staff attributes available and is a player/coach @ brum

Despite having a year left on his contract (expires jun17) & non-playing job offer release clause in his current contract, whenever i try and speak to him to become a coach or even player coach the transfer date is always blanked out and I can't suggest anything to him

do i have to bid for him or is it a bug, maybe he still wants to be a player i don't know just a bit annoying if i have to wait for him to retire before he'll sign

You can bid to sign him and then offer him a coaching role from that. Maybe I understood your Q wrong but I've done this many times with Paul Robinson (LB) he has great defensive coaching skills and still in 30's so only gets better and better.

You can't sign him. He is under contract as a player. You have to put a transfer bid in for him, and then when it is accepted and you move to the contract talks, you will then have the options to sign him as a player, non-player or a player/non-player.

Archived