South American help

I'm struggling to get a long term save going but have decided I'm going to try South America. Ive searched the forums & can find very little info about teams there, I'm tempted towards Colo Colo and/or U De Chile. Whichever team I pick developing & playing a large number of youth players will be how I want to develop the save before selling them in then repeating the cycle. Any advice or suggestions of teams or about Sth American leagues in general would be appreciated.

My favourite type of save :)

Firstly, if you have a computer able to run it, then have all the South American leagues loaded (inc. Mexico). This will give your world some depth and enhance the Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana as well.

In terms of teams to be, well there are some great historical names in all of the available countries, but in saying that it depends on the challenge you want and how you want to settle into managing in South America.

Most of the leagues have a format that may seem confusing, Wiki is your friend, especially in working out who qualifies for each continental competition.

If you fancy Chile as you have mentioned above, then the teams suggested are 2 of the bigger clubs in that country. Uruguay you have Penarol and Nacional as the big 2, Colombia is a little more complex in format, whilst Peru is probably the weakest of the 6 leagues in the game.

I think with most teams you will be able to get a good youth system going and there is plenty of scope to sell players and watch them develop overseas.

The main thing is, go into it open minded, try and do some side research (wiki etc) and be prepared for something different in terms of competition formats.

Yeah, I'm a big fan of South American leagues on FM and what bestbrother says is pretty much spot-on.

The lower leagues can be very difficult, try the Uruguayan Second Division if you fancy a challenge. Starting at a leading club though like Universidad or Colo Colo will give you a good platform to begin.

Banfield in Argentina is a good team to manage in SA. The Premiera division has 28 teams in the league which makes for a much more interesting save. Banfield have rich history but lack success and are predicted top half. Got some real talent but poached by a lot of good clubs in the league. Youth recruitment is where the club shines... avoid becoming a selling club and you will have success.

Banfield in Argentina is a good team to manage in SA. The Premiera division has 28 teams in the league which makes for a much more interesting save. Banfield have rich history but lack success and are predicted top half. Got some real talent but poached by a lot of good clubs in the league. Youth recruitment is where the club shines... avoid becoming a selling club and you will have success.

Argentina is my favourite league to play in.

The Primera is actually 30 teams with a 30 game season (you play your rival twice in this format). There is also a Copa to play in and a decent chance to qualify for continental football each year.

Archived