Hermes 4 3 2 1

I have been tweaking a tactic for 90 games (over two patches) and I am happy to release. Its a 4 3 2 1 formation. I have only tested with Aberdeen. First season I won the league, league cup and last 32 of Europa league. This season things are going very well by the end of Nov.

It's a tactic built around crosses and key passes. Your team won't have most possession in most games. I wanted to use a libero but could not get the role to work so have gone with one ball playing defender who is covering. He has to be good at passing. The only other thing I will say about the tactic is your CF must be good at heading.

Training set as General training 'attacking' and match prep 'defensive pos'

Standard pitch

Assistant manager IO instructions

If I am away against a much better side I tend to start with 'counter' mentality

V6

Tactic here

Formation

Team intrusions

Manager stats

Half second season

I have made some changes to this tactic and currently testing for the next 10 - 15 games.

*Goalkeeper distribution (short to fullbacks)

*Throw in routine

*Changed role of centre midfielder from CM automatic to advanced playmaker

My thinking in the 3 changes is goalkeeper was giving the ball away a lot with long balls. I did not have a suitable throw in routine. I felt my forward was only getting support from my 'box to box' midfielder, with late runs into the box. I am thinking the other DLP will offer enough defensive cover. In the 5 games I have tested the advanced playmaker he's got over 70 passes in each game and in the last game 9 of them were key passes.

the problem with this patch is having stability for me. cant perform well in a long period. anyway tested for 3 match not fluid yet. 2 draws, 1 defeat. waiting untill is fluid.

Cheers, let me know how you get on? Who are you playing as?

Archived