New to FMT16 - First Impressions

Hello

Tyson Fury won me a bit of money on Saturday, so thought I'd treat myself to FM Touch last night. Got to say, I am very impressed with how close to the Full Game this is, after the bitter disappointment of FM Mobile when I last played that (around 2013 I think it was).

The only difference I have noticed is that there are no team talks, but other than that everything seems to be there in full detail, and can see it being equally as addictive as the full game. Bearing in mind I have literally loaded a game up with Man City, sold Bruno Zucuilini, set my formation/tactics and played one friendly, so not much to go on as yet - but, so far, so good.

However, Two things I thought are worth mentioning:

1) I checked this morning on my laptop and the save I started on my iPad is not available to load up on my laptop, so not sure the Cross Platform save is working. I didn't tick the box "Remove Nation and League Restrictions" etc. (I have read some trouble shooting threads) - it just isn't there. Might try again the other way around tonight and create a new game on my laptop and then try to load it on iPad - but if not then I may need someone from SI to have a look into it.

2) The one friendly I have played (v Hannover, away) there wasn't a single highlight. I have it set for Key Events, but it just whizzed through the game, only alerting to me to a couple of yellow card, and their goalkeeper taking his time over a goal kick. Obviously, it finished 0-0 but seemed strange that not a single thing happened in 90 mins.

Anybody else experienced either of these two things?

And what are everybodies thoughts on FM Touch who have played through more game time than me? Are there any other notable differences?

1) Did your save upload successfully from your tablet? If so, check you've clicked the 'Cloud' button on the Load Game panel on your laptop. If so, quit FM. Wait a couple of minutes, then start FM again and try again.

There isn't a 'Remove Nations and League restrictions' box on tablet, as you can't remove those restrictions.

2) This isn't any different from full FM - just must have been one of those matches!

First point: Well done on the win :) always nice when the bookies have to payout.

Yeah, I've noticed that the cloud save take a few minutes to appear in the load options on either platform, and a restart seemed necessary (it does work though).

Thanks, Aaron Armstrong (Made me think of Alun Armstrong - used to play for Stockport County). I'll have a look at this later tongiht, maybe I've done something wrong. I just saved the game on my tablet, but didn't know to look to see if there was an 'Upload to Cloud' option.

Rich10 - It is nice when the bookies have to pay out - and what a performance from the big man! Dead pleased for him! I started the game last night and tried to load it this morning so has been more than a few minutes - but as I said above, I think I might have missed the 'Upload to Cloud' option so will try again tonight.

How are you finding the FMT Version?

On the start screen on the Tablet game, there's a 'Cross-Save' option. Use that and you'll be prompted to sign in to your Steam account. Once you've done that, you'll see a list of your tablet save games and your cloud save games, and you can upload/download from there.

On the start screen on the Tablet game, there's a 'Cross-Save' option. Use that and you'll be prompted to sign in to your Steam account. Once you've done that, you'll see a list of your tablet save games and your cloud save games, and you can upload/download from there.

Great, thanks.

I'll have a look after work!

How are you finding the FMT Version?

Well I never thought I'd get into FMC when it first hit the PC (and I didn't at first) but the pure convenience of having FM right there - right THERE! - wherever I was too good a thing to pass up. I'm now telling anyone who'll listen to invest in a decent tablet and make their commutes into work/toilet breaks/fake meetings in empty rooms fly-by.

I've had a play about with the fiddlier bits on me laptop, such as create-a-club, using the cloud save functionality; and it's opened up a whole new world of re-playability for me (Jeff).

There's always room for improvement (as I'm sure the FMT team at SI are well aware), but in my opinion this will..in time...become the most played version of the 3, as the hardware becomes more capable (online, more leagues, larger database, editor).

I love it :) in case that wasn't clear from the above comments, and I can't argue with the post-release support & feedback provided by the team...they get paid for this...WHAT :)

Thanks Rich - sounds promising that it isn't just a convenience that is going to wear off then.

However, when I try to upload my save to the Cloud it processes it for about 30-45 seconds, then comes up with the error message "Operation timed out after 30000 milliseconds with 0 bytes received".

Thanks Rich - sounds promising that it isn't just a convenience that is going to wear off then.

However, when I try to upload my save to the Cloud it processes it for about 30-45 seconds, then comes up with the error message "Operation timed out after 30000 milliseconds with 0 bytes received".

See this thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/444425-Cross-Save-upload - we're investigating a possible solution.

Archived