Corner Frustration

Playing FM16, but believe I have the same issues on previous versions in that I believe that my set up for corners is correct, but as the season progresses we do not manage to score many from them.

I put my best corner takers on each side and take into account there crossing ability also as well as putting my tall players to attack near post, near post flick on and challenge keeper(I also use a player with high aggression and bravery for this). I set a player with good long shots to lurk outside the area along with my poacher to stand on far post. The remaining players I tell to attack far post, attack ball from deep and go forward leaving two defenders back. I use this philospohy while I ask my corner taker to play the ball to the near post. I have tried it to the far post and I regularly ask my player to attack set pieces in my match training all to no avail.

When I look at the stats in my competiiton I notice that the game does not allow many goals from corners - in my current save in Indonesia the top team has scored 6 corners from 27 games where I have only managed 1,

I have started to wonder if this is a flaw with the game in that it is not intended for teams to score many corners.

Can anyone advise if my set up and general philosophies behind set up for the set pieces is correct. I remember the days where you just had to put a tall player on the near post and 8 out of 10 times you would score but not anymore.

Archived