help with my 4231

I'm playing with standard flexible mentality. Ti is play out of defence. No Pi.

Trequartista

If(a) enganche W (s)

Dlp(d) Cm (d)/b2b

Wb (s) Cb (d) Cb (d) Fb (s)

Gk (d)

I'm happy with how the team perform, the front 3 are supporting each others, the cm will push up to support when possible. But my am is not doing anything. Out of the non defender he has the lowest passes and pass completion of only 60%. What should i do with my am role to improve the team? Would changing it to a advance playmaker unbalance my team? Thanks.

I'm personally against having 2 playmakers in my side (the DLP and Enganche are both playmakers), but who is your DLP passing it to when he gets the ball? (generally)

is it going wide (no need for the AM)

or going centrally (AM required) and then what is he doing with the ball?

My AM receive less of the ball among my front 4. My dlp will pass the ball long during a counter for my IF and trequartista to chase as they are generally the most forward players. Otherwise they would mix it up and pass the ball around waiting for chances. You are right that they mostly bypass my AM. Currently my AM is there to occupy the other team DM, freeing up my other players. Other than that what do you suggest to change in my team?

Thats what I'm afraid of, too many playmakers in the team. However I had seen successful tactics posted with lots of playmakers. Guess i will try chnaging the trequartista to a Af with free roaming and the enganche to a Am (s) and see how it goes. Thanks for the feedback.

Changed my AM to a DM (d). Without the AM, it allows my trequartista to drop deep to create space for my IF and B2B to attack. I create more chanaces and my midfield score more goals. But i conceit more goal as it seems that the present of a DM pushes my midfield higher up. Mostly from setpieces and a quick counter. Is there anyways to prevent being punished by a counter attack, considering i already have to midfield on defence duty.

Archived