FM Veteran completely lost with training in FM16 - Can an expert please help me?

The last version i played was FM11 where you could create individual schedules & use the sliders & I managed this no bother at all.

In FM16 I'm completely lost. I feel like I have next to no control over it & it just feels like a lottery just now. I initially left training to my Ass Man but he seemed to just train them on Attack only for 5 weeks, so I changed it back to me & I find myself reviewing training after every match to setup what will be worked on for training/match preperation for the next few weeks. But I don't really know what I'm doing.

I've hired and fired staff as best I can and tried to sign staff relevant to the attributes to both get the star rating up in each category & ensure they aren't thinly spread. I'm only coming toward the end of September 2015, but I've just been sticking to "balanced", ocasionally changing to Teamwork/Tactics at times. Match Prep varies depending on opponent & previous performance. My scheduling slider is at a "4" toward less match training with a day off after games.

If I recall in FM11 unless it was a bug, players seem to do pretty poor in training until mid September onwards, so when I initially saw a lot of down arrows at the beginning of the game i wasn't bothered. Would really appreciate some help from one of the training gurus on here or even hyper links to content that would help me. The lack of understanding i have on training is ruining my enjoyment of the game. Would also apppreciate if anyone can assist with the below questions:

1. Is there anyway I can view all players attributes improve/decreases as a whole without having to look at the player individually? You could do this in FM11.

2. Of my 26 Senior players, 9 of them have big improvements, 1 player has almost everything down - I'm ignoring players with no change/marginal increase/decrease & injured players. Is this good? How do I fix this bad player?

3. My coaches encourage me to assign individual focus, but when i do this it changes some to "Heavy" so I end up taking it off. Any thoughts on this?

4. Do you leave it to your Ass Man or do it yourself?

5. Is U-21 training with the Senior Squad? I left U-21 to one of my coaches, but the players keep complaining of high workload and I can't seem to fix this.

And finally:

How do I use training to improve Formation/Tactical understanding? I play 4-2-3-1 Wide, with 4-4-2 ASM & 4-2-3-1 DEF as other tactics. My players are almost fully Accomplished in the other 2, yet only competant/barely accomplished in 4-2-3-1 despite the fact I use this every game & have barely changed to the 2 only a few times during a match. Surely this isn't right and they should be more competent with a formation they start every match with as opposed to one we only use in training/rarely change to during a match?

Would really appreciate someones help. Couple of screenshots below for reference as well.

Training.jpg

Rojo.jpg

4231.jpg

Coaches.jpg

This threads lists all the training changes made between FM15 and 16. This might not seem helpful at first but it means you can then use any FM15 training thread and it will be accurate still.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/442638-Important-FM16-Training-Changes

Is there anyway I can view all players attributes improve/decreases as a whole without having to look at the player individually? You could do this in FM11.

Not really no.

Of my 26 Senior players, 9 of them have big improvements, 1 player has almost everything down - I'm ignoring players with no change/marginal increase/decrease & injured players. Is this good? How do I fix this bad player?

It depends what you mean by 'bad' player. What's important for players to improve is a good personality type that consists of ambition and professionalism. Then after that, game time is all that matters really.

My coaches encourage me to assign individual focus, but when i do this it changes some to "Heavy" so I end up taking it off. Any thoughts on this?

Why do you think heavy is bad? The more professional the player the higher workload he needs.

Do you leave it to your Ass Man or do it yourself?

Self.

Is U-21 training with the Senior Squad? I left U-21 to one of my coaches, but the players keep complaining of high workload and I can't seem to fix this.

It depends what league, country etc. Some do and some don't. Players complaining about high workload are the players who lack professionalism. It will do no long-term damage, you can ignore them.

How do I use training to improve Formation/Tactical understanding? I play 4-2-3-1 Wide, with 4-4-2 ASM & 4-2-3-1 DEF as other tactics. My players are almost fully Accomplished in the other 2, yet only competent/barely accomplished in 4-2-3-1 despite the fact I use this every game & have barely changed to the 2 only a few times during a match. Surely this isn't right and they should be more competent with a formation they start every match with as opposed to one we only use in training/rarely change to during a match?

Signings players, making formation changes, adding/removing TI's all decrease tactical familiarity. To learn tactical familiarity on FM you must choose for the match training 'tactics' that is the only way it will improve. It has to be the match training one, not general training. Then you put the scheduling bar at the top to the far left this means training is now split 50% between match and general training. Then each game you play it will increase. If it's during the season then it might take a fair few games to get fluid. If it's preseason then it takes around 11-13 games for that to happen at the start of a new save.

If you still feel lost about training have a read of this thread I did. It's a lot to take in but it explains everything training related and even tells you the personalities which are good/bad.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/380395-Ajax-When-Real-Life-Meets-Football-Manager-FM14

Archived