3421 attacking help

Always been a fan of 3 at the back so am currently using one in my fm game the defensive 3 and midfield 4 seem to be working well but I'm struggling with the forwards getting the right mix in terms of there rolls in the team.

I've set up with

GK (D)

DC (stop)

DC (cov)

DC (stop)

Wide Mid (s)

Dlp (d)

Bbm

Wide Mid (s)

ATT MID (a)

Support striker

Complete forward (a)

Using attacking mentality flexible shape and a few team instructions to play short passing game.

And help or advice would be appreciated

I am not an expert and still playing FM2013, you seem to play a newer version.

There are a few principles, if you want to play a fluid, attacking football.

- Play direct pass, not short (good for dry weather & control)

- Have the less possible roles and match instructions (see link below)

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/366111-How-to-Play-FM-A-Twelve-Step-Guide

When it comes to your tactics:

Defence:

1. I'm using my goalie as a sweeper keeper/Def, even if his attributes don't look good (I'm playing attacking/fluid 4-1-2-2-1). This way, your keeper stands at the top of penalty area and covers more gorund faster when opposition strikers come 1-2-1, which is common when your team is pushing high.

2. Having 2 stoppers to do the same thing and leave one man behind? I'd put them as follows, from left to right:

DC(def) LD(cov) DC(stop)

Or, if your defenders are not tha skilled and more likely to be better as limited defenders

LD(def) DC(stop) LD(cov)

Midfield & Attack:

1. Who is pulling the strings? DLP is defending, so he is stayin behind. Again, to many roles for a "free-fluid" attacking tactic. Make things simple. A defending midfielder (whole pitch), with high work rate/tackling/stamina is good enough for me.

I'd use one of the 2 players on the wings as winger/att to get him into the area more often. You can pick which side, depending on how skilled/explosive your right or left side players are.

WML(sup) MC(def) MC(sup) WR(att)

2. For attacking midfielders, it's a bit hard, because I very rarely used one succesfully. I would try the following:

AM (sup) IF (att) with a CF or AF (att) or swap the duties between AM (att) IF (sup)

GOOD LUCK and let me know how it looks like after 5-6 matches

Well, my first thought is that your attacking trio are all in aggressive roles, looking to get forward and score, so who's going to be creating for them? I'd suggest switching one of the AMC to a more creative role (AP(s), Eng, Treq for example)

Well, my first thought is that your attacking trio are all in aggressive roles, looking to get forward and score, so who's going to be creating for them? I'd suggest switching one of the AMC to a more creative role (AP(s), Eng, Treq for example)

Exactly this. Your 3 forwards are all on attack duties, in roles that'll make them rush to get into the area. Who'll be staying or dropping deep to create some space between the lines? Duos of AMCs are notoriously difficult to get right and I don't think I've ever seen anyone play well with a duo of them both in an attack duty.

cheers everyone for the advice I've changed the attacking trip to AP(S) AM(A) and AF(A) this seems to be helping as well as changing the team style to more direct play but with the attacking players close to each other on shorter passing individually,

I've also changed the centre midfielders to ball winning mid and box to box which seems to be giving me more options

cheers everyone for the advice I've changed the attacking trip to AP(S) AM(A) and AF(A) this seems to be helping as well as changing the team style to more direct play but with the attacking players close to each other on shorter passing individually,

I've also changed the centre midfielders to ball winning mid and box to box which seems to be giving me more options

You must remember that loads of roles are more suitable for cotrol style play.

If you want attacking football, limit the roles in the midfield and let them do their own thing, if they've got the skills of course.

Archived