Merging FMF Files (Awards Issue)

Makonnen

It looks like I have an issue where awards in one file are colliding with awards in another. If I only load one of the fmf files, I get the awards from it; if I load the other (which is really an entirely new competition plus its own awards), I get those.

Is there a way to merge the two, so I don't have to recreate all of the generic awards in the file with the new competition in it?

Updating this in case future searchers find it: if a league is not playable, custom awards seem not to appear. I don't know if this is intentional or a bug, but I had set several leagues to VIEW ONLY to speed up testing, once I returned them to PLAYABLE, the awards showed again.

Also, @krlenjushka, if you are saying there *is* a way to merge files, would love to know what it is.

Updating this in case future searchers find it: if a league is not playable, custom awards seem not to appear. I don't know if this is intentional or a bug, but I had set several leagues to VIEW ONLY to speed up testing, once I returned them to PLAYABLE, the awards showed again.

Also, @krlenjushka, if you are saying there *is* a way to merge files, would love to know what it is.

probably because when you use "view only" option players are not in system-only clubs. you can merge files with merge option in editor???

The original database will always be untouched. What you are doing by merging is just to merge the changes you made into a new file.

When you merge two or more files into one, you don't doing it by merging files into the database. You just merge all your changes together.

When the game starts it does always load the original database first and than the user changes.

Merging files is only available for database changes, not for league structures. But for database changes you can merge as many files as you want into a new file.

• 8 months later...

On 11/22/2015 at 07:17, KUBI said:

When you merge two or more files into one, you don't doing it by merging files into the database. You just merge all your changes together.

Please elaborate: Will the changes be reflected on both files, the currently open file, or the file loaded for merging?

Archived