DoF and player mentality questions

Hey all, going through the game and have a couple of questions.

So I punted my DoF as he was just getting in the way and I wasn't impressed with the players he brought in, his contract negotiations and his inability to get rid of players I wanted moved on or loaned out. His stats weren't very good, if I improve enough to bring in a well reputed DoF are they more likely to be useful enough to bring in players that I would be more likely to appreciate and move on players that I don't want around any longer? Is there any real benefit to them if you don't mind dealing with transfers and contracts yourself? Are they more likely to get offers for a player that I can't or encourage a player to sign? I made myself an ex international star so players seem to respect me as it is.

I've had a stud come through my youth however he has zero work ethic apparently, is this something that I can coach somehow or discuss with him or is it going to be a personality trait that is likely to mean he's not going to reach his potential?

Thanks, please let me know if there's another place I should be dropping random questions that come to me as I play the game.

Personally I never both with a DOF

I actually like doing the contracts myself (no pesky yearly wage rise clauses)

and then I leave the 'getting rid of unwanted players' to the assistant (or something similar)

It's been documented that the getting rid of players was bugged in the early stages of the beta (not sure if it's been fixed or not)

You can tutor young players in the hope of them becoming more driven/professional, just find an older player with good personality to do it

I wouldn't trust the AI to bring in players for my team or sell them or do anything really but run training for players that will never make the team. I should do a save like this just so i'm playing with the same restrictions the AI managers have but i'm sure I would crack it within a season. "You bought who? We already have 5 right wingers though..."

Archived