Best Laptop For FM Use.

Hi all,

Looking into buying a new laptop and wondering which you think is best for running and playing FM?

Currently have quite an old dell, runs quite well for its age bless her. Really want an Apple Mac, does FM run well on them? Assuming yes due to the memory, power and graphics build in them?

Really not much if a tech whizz, so any help would be much appreciated.

(P.S, How good is the FM16 beta!! :D)

Here is your best bet for suggestions:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/316085-New-Laptop-Help-Needed

Having said that, CPU is the most important factor for FM, a good chunk of RAM will help, 8 gig is probably about right, and a dedicated graphics card is always good, although not entirely necessary for FM

Thanks for the helpful response! Lots of technique terms. Could you long story short tell me if Apple laptops are good for FM? Thanks in advance.

That's a difficult question to answer as there are good and bad points about both pc and apple..

On the whole, while Macs can play fm perfectly, I personally find them overpriced to the extreme compared to pc and choose to not deal with them. Again, must stress, it's a personal point of view, albeit one borne from over 20 years of working with both types in my personal and professional life.

If you pop over to that thread I posted above, and post what your budget and needs are, I will happily help you find a laptop to suit your needs :)

For now, I will close this as the other thread is where we need to be.

Archived