listened keenly Vs. listened passionately

Uri

In team talks most player would listen keenly ,and then among all of them there would be one who rather listen passionately...So my question what is difference between those two reactions? which one is a better stronger positive reaction ?

does it really matter? the difference is neglible (and it's not like you can undo for a better reaction anyway)

'listen keenly' would be taking note of your team talk, possibly wanting to follow your directions to the letter

'listen passionately' would be taking a general tone of your talk (he might hear "wraaagh, crush these rival noobs" as opposed to "let's take revenge for last time") which may get him more pumped up for the game - but at the cost of not following your instructions correctly

that's just my opinion, but someone else might have a different interpretation

does it really matter? the difference is neglible (and it's not like you can undo for a better reaction anyway)

'listen keenly' would be taking note of your team talk, possibly wanting to follow your directions to the letter

'listen passionately' would be taking a general tone of your talk (he might hear "wraaagh, crush these rival noobs" as opposed to "let's take revenge for last time") which may get him more pumped up for the game - but at the cost of not following your instructions correctly

that's just my opinion, but someone else might have a different interpretation

Wow , how insightful of you...:applause:

I agree with this.

Have a look at their personalities. It's probably just down to the type of person they are.

So at half time talk while most of my players are listening keenly there is one who listen passionately...I'm telling him that he was superb even though he had a low rate of 6.4 ,he becomes happy with moral boost...

The first minute on the second half he gets a red card for breaking the bones of an opponent...

So my queston is how to deal with overzealous players...Is there anything I could do to make him follow my instructions like the rest of the squad...

What should I said to him in half time to cool down his over enthusiasm...

What kind of touchline shout would help in such a case...

An expert who knows how to deal with too much positive mood is needed

1. Why do you assume it was your team talk that 'made' him get a red card?

2. Why not use the team talk feedback to see exactly what they thought of your talk?

Very good advice !!!

I just checked on half time team talk

he got moral boost but lost focus !!

Archived